Author Topic: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?  (Read 14692 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 05:32 PM »
Dances with Wolves...sucked I cheered when they shot that wolf

Man, you're a cruel dude Lenny!  Maybe you're living too close to Fort Sisseton to appreciate this fine flick.  Hits too close to home for ya', or something...   :-*

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2003, 01:35 AM »
I have walked out of a couple of movies. Spiderman being one of them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2003, 12:56 PM »
I have walked out of a couple of movies. Spiderman being one of them.

Really, why?  It certainly wasn't true to the comic books in so many details, but what made you leave? Curious, I am.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2003, 09:17 AM »
BUMP.

My brother and I walked  out  " The Warrior" (I think that was it called, the one with Antonia Bandit(sp) ). Anyway, we walked out  and snuck into " The 6th sense".
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 12:08 PM »
Master chief: I think that was the 13th warrior.

As far as someone walking out of spiderman, I can see that.  I thought it was an OK movie AT BEST.  I was soooo dissapointed with that movie.  I hear people saying they didn't like the green goblin suit...I thought that was the best part of the movie.  Everything else sucked.  Kirstin dunst should not be allowed to ever make another movie.  Ever.  Never, ever.  Please.  Mary Jane is supposed to become a super model!  You should at least get someone that is at least close to being a super model!  (did you see the MTV movie awards parody?  I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar made 20x better mary jane.)

Anyway.  That is my short Spiderman sucks rant for the day.

As far as movie's I've walked out of...the worst movie of all time:  Event Horizon.  Egads what a terrible movie.  I kept sitting through it saying "maybe it will get good now".  No.  

If I had seen a thin red line in the theatre, I would probably walk out of tha too.  I watched it on video...zzzzzzz.

I also walked out of Saving private ryan, but, right at the end when the flag started waving.  Just, that scene where the guy gets killed by the knife...that was just...I dunno, it hit home for me I guess.  *shudder*.  I had nightmares about that for a while actually.

I think those are the only two I've walked out of.  I'm surprised no one has mentioned Moulin Rouge.  Personally, I loved the movie, but, I know at some of the theaters I went to theaters were giving people their money back with no questions asked for it.  What was funny though, there was a worker at the movie who was chatting up a couple of cute girls.  He made some crack about "good thing you guys aren't going to see moulin rouge, that movie is terrible."  The girls replied:  "Actually, we love the movie, are going to see it now for the second time."  And walked off.  I don't think I've seen a guy turn redder...Tee hee.  It is sad how much people enjoy watching other people stick their foot in their mouth.

Also, I didn't do it, but on my second time watching AOTC's in the theater, a guy fell asleep during the movie, then got up and took his wife and kid out saying it was too boring...  what the heck???
Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2003, 12:28 PM »
I've never walked out of a movie.  I would have walked out of Solaris, but I didn't have a ride home.  I kept watching, hoping something cool would happen.  Instead they just showed Clooney's ass
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2003, 02:38 PM »
Dances with Wolves...sucked I cheered when they shot that wolf

Yowzers!   :o  What was the reaction in the theatre after you did that?
dustrho

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2003, 07:54 PM »
Nope, I watch previews before I see movies
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2003, 09:53 PM »
I fell asleep during "Tombstone".  Probably the worst movie I ever paid to see in a theatre.  I'm usually pretty careful.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2003, 12:01 AM »
I fell asleep during "Tombstone".  Probably the worst movie I ever paid to see in a theatre.  I'm usually pretty careful.

I can beat that.  I fell asleep during the encore at a ZZ Top concert.   :)

Had an all nighter the night before for a genetics exam and it was the last exam in the series.  Pretty tired I'd say. ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2003, 01:01 PM »
I left that stupid Mel Gibson movie where he's an army pilot that gets frozen and gets resurrected by some kids to live in their treehouse. I took a date there, and halfway through she went to the bathroom for like 10 minutes. That kind of made me mad because I didn't want to see it in the first place. So I got up and waited for her to come out, then suggested we leave if she wasn't feeling well. It worked.

I also walked out of the Shadow with Alec Baldwin because my friends and I were laughing too hard and people were getting pissed. Finally I said "What, you don't find this funny?"...then got my group to leave.

I WANTED to leave "Blade" because it was a horrible piece of garbage..... but my ride was enjoying the movie, so I went to the back row, folded up three arm rests and went to sleep. When I woke up, it was the end battle (same as the first one I had seen), and then I got to go.

I also wanted to leave the Matrix Reloaded about half way through....but there was no way any of my friends were going to leave that one....so I put up with it. Never again though.....

Got Clones?

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 1, 2003, 03:26 AM »
   I myself have never left a movie, but here are some notables of my friends:

My friend walked out of Two Towers.  ::)  :-\

Although I have not seen it yet, and some say it is decent, my friend walked out of Bruce Almighty.

Hmmm . .  I remember wanting to leave How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days when I went to see it with my friend. (A girl - I should've known she'd pick that.)

And I was also watching this one eight year old girl and took her to see Crossroads.  I wanted to walk out of that so bad but the parents were not only paying for the movie expense but they were paying me to be there.  

". . . now screwed we all will be."

-Yoda // Star Wars: Episode III: A Lost Hope

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #27 on: July 1, 2003, 02:28 PM »
I fell asleep during my second viewing of 'The Two Towers.' I was attempting a marathin viewing thing were I would see it twice in a 24-hour period without sleeping. I failed miserably.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #28 on: July 2, 2003, 12:29 PM »
I was dragged out of Top Gun by my mom when I was a kid.  The whole family departed during the 2nd sex scene, or was it the 3rd....maybe the 4th.  I don't know, I just remember asking why we were being forced to leave, then later being drug INTO Driving Mrs. Daisy by those same parents of mine.

How do you spell Cruel and Unusuall Punishment???

A-L-I-E-N-S-3, this is the movie I snoozed through.  This movie was terrible, the only redeeming quality to this movie was that parents brought their 6-10 year old kids for a "monster" movie that ended up swearing every 4 or 5 words.  The exodus of parents and crying children was quite entertaining.
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 2, 2003, 01:39 PM »
I was dragged out of Top Gun by my mom when I was a kid.  The whole family departed during the 2nd sex scene, or was it the 3rd....maybe the 4th.  I don't know, I just remember asking why we were being forced to leave, then later being drug INTO Driving Mrs. Daisy by those same parents of mine.

Was the movie playing a continous loop because I only remember one sex scene - and even then it wasn't that bad.  Not even a boobie shot  ;)
Common sense isn't so common