Author Topic: Why no Battle Droids?  (Read 9641 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Why no Battle Droids?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 11:00 AM »
Yeah, I think its about time we got some nice, sturdy battle droids. Fully articulated and well-painted. I really need some troops for my CIS army, and I haven't been thrilled with the battledroid figures that have come out so far (with the exception of the Security Droid). I just hate having a figure that I've paid $6-7 for made from the shittiest plastic possible. We really do need some higher quality plastic in this line, particularly where the structural integrity of the product is concerned.

And I really ******* want a good Super Battle Droid...seriously. Every time I watch AOTC I wish that my SBDs looked as cool as the ones on screen. I don't need them to explode or shoot rockets, I just need them to look really cool.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 11:00 AM »
There haven't been that many things revealed for next year, yet.  My guess is that we'll see at least one, if not two of the '07 waves before the end of 2006.

Your sources haven't confirmed anything yet?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 11:09 AM »
Hasbro has to know that if they did the battle droids right just one time (super and regular) that they could be repainted and resold a billion times over - like clones and stormtroopers.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 11:43 AM »
There haven't been that many things revealed for next year, yet.  My guess is that we'll see at least one, if not two of the '07 waves before the end of 2006.

Your sources haven't confirmed anything yet?

It's something called "being cognizant of Hasbro's retail trends".  The Saga Collection still has 4 new waves and 2 Greatest Battles wave set to ship in 2006.  Bearing that in mind along with the fact that Hasbro ships on average 1 wave per month, there is still the month of December to account for.  If Hasbro adheres to their longterm trends, then the 2007 line will begin to ship in either late November or early December.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Hasbro has to know that if they did the battle droids right just one time (super and regular) that they could be repainted and resold a billion times over - like clones and stormtroopers.

I agree.  I can't figure out what their deal is with these.

:)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Yeah, Battle Driods get a bum wrap. Wouldn't mind seeing one a year. In fact, they could probably just make'm a two pack considering how little material they use.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Battledroids...  Good quality ones...  Are definitely in need in this line.  Right now I'm sticking with E1 droids for an army but I'd really like something better.  I'd like to actually see something with greater poseability, quality plastic for sturdiness (Sun Fac's a prime example of how to really base the droid's construction and quality), and a simple backpack and rifle accessory count.  Nothing flashy, but as Rob noted something you could do and put out again and again...  Put them out in 4 E1 paint styles again.  Put them out in Mygeeto wear style.  Put them out in Geonosis Red.  Put them out in EU Green.  Put them out as Pilot Droids and Security Droids...

Hell paint some black for stealth battledroids.  Paint some camoflauge...  I'm all for them mixing it up at some point, but they need to get good red and cream colored ones out first in abundance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 06:39 PM »

Hell paint some black for stealth battledroids.  Paint some camoflauge... 

Let's not get crazy here!  :)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 06:54 PM »
OK, just don't make them Target exclusives...  I'm all about painting things EU colors so long as it makes some sense.  I'm probably in the minority though who actually liked the looks of the Utapau Stealth Clone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 06:56 PM »
I'm probably in the minority though who actually liked the looks of the Utapau Stealth Clone.

I liked the look of the Utapau Shadow Trooper, but I never saw it in stores.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 06:58 PM »
I'm probably in the minority though who actually liked the looks of the Utapau Stealth Clone.

I liked the look of the Utapau Shadow Trooper, but I never saw it in stores.

Same here :(
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Clones

• Youngling
  • Not your average clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Ideas:

EE 4 Packs

Basic: OOM-9(TPM Repack) 3 Battle Droids (Boomer Damage figure without the boomer damage on and no damage paint)
Geinosian: 4 Battle Droids Red (Repaint, Boomer Damage)
Security: 4 Security Repacks
Pilot: 4 Boomer Damage Repaints with backpack holes filled in
-Clones-

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08 PM »
I would probably like battle droids more if they would make them sturdier as well.  I just don't care for their flimsyness (sp?).  I don't really like them anyway but am sure they would sell well if they put some out there.  Those are easy repaints if nothing else for Hasbro.  You would think they would be all over this. 

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 10:37 PM »
previously i have avtually preffered the TPM battle droids because of the sturdy plastic, most of the other battle droids are to flimsy and don't stand near as well. i would definetley love to see a battle pack that included a couple battle droids though. i would settle for some sort of resculpted arm set up in a permanent blaster holding position and TPM lower legs, that would be cool!

I concur, and that I like the TPM droids the best. Mostly because they 9 basic joints you need.

Abundance should be no excuse, I have accumulted 77 since Thanksgiving.

My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 10:39 PM »
EE 4- Packs,All new SA figures:
Pack 1: Regular Battle Droids (4)
Pack 2:Security Droid,Pilot Droid,Marine Droid (BF II),Commander Droid
Pack 3:Regular Battle Droids (Blaster/Boomer Damage)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m