Author Topic: I'm going to out of the loop for a little while  (Read 12398 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
I'm going to out of the loop for a little while
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Yesterday a lightning storm fried my mouse and eithernet connections. So, I'll have to bring my computer in for repairs. I'll try to keep up with everyone while at work, but since I'm pretty much slammed the entire time I'm there I won't be doing much posting. I will continue to work on customs but it'll be a while before I can get the pics online. I'm currently working on a large project that I can't wait to show you guys. I hope to be back up and runnig very soon.

Latter,
Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to out of the loop for a little while
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:30 PM »
That sucks.  I hope everything gets up and running soon for you.  And this "large project" intriuges me, I can't wait to see it.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:31 PM »
NOOOOO! What are we going to do without your awsome custom figs and vehicles! LOL. Seriously, hope you get your computer fixed.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 11:34 PM »
NOOOOOOO, get back soon my friend.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 12:04 AM »
I am very sorry to hear that happend Fritz.  In fact, my house was struck by lightning last night.  I wasn't going to bring it up, but with what happened to you, I guess I will.

Around 12:30am, my wife and I awoke to the worst sound I have ever heard - lightning had struck the house. 

The electricity was out, and both smoke detectors were going off.  I seriously thought the house was about to explode.  Hairs were standing on my arms, and both my wife and I had very bad headaches and felt really dizzy.  Both dogs were freaking out.  It sounded like a freaking train had crashed into a mountain! 

Luckily there doesn't seem to be any electrical damage though, everything seems to be working.  We already have someone coming out next week to work on damage to our house from a hail storm in February, so this is weird timing.  There is a weird shaped black mark on the roof right above our bedroom.  The way our subdivision is structured, we had to drive two streets down and look with binoculars to see it.  Freaking scary.

Hope you are able to get things squared away soon, and glad you're alright.  Where do you live?  I live in St. Louis.

:)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:58 AM »
Sorry to hear about your lightning storm troubles, Fritz! Come back soon!

Sorry to hear about yours as well, Chewie. Things like that make me glad I live in Southern California, where all we have to worry about are massive earthquakes, poison air and the dangerous insurgency pouring over our southern border.

Um...on second thought...got a spare room?  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 01:00 AM »
lol, i live near detroit, the most i have to worry about is haveing my family's yacht being flooded during a storm. ;)

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 01:25 AM »
sory to hear about you being out of an internet connection for a while...darn lightening.  ..but , when you say that the ports got fried...do you actually mean the ports on your motherboard... if so...sorry to hear that...mother boards usually aren't cheap.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 02:25 AM »
Anyone else notice how when something like this happens to a customizer how much support and prayers we send towards who is going through the tough time?  I see it sporadically thoughout the other sections, but in the customizing section, everyone is so much closer knit from what I see.  God I love you guys.   ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Tough breaks to Frtiz and Chewie.  It sounds like the damage for both was acceptable (compared to what could have been).  Lightning strikes are notorious for starting fires!

Fritz -get that PC fixed soon.  I'm quite intrigued by the "large unnamed project"

Chewie -  it sounds to me like your house was invaded by Aliens more than a lightning strike  ;)   If you start putting Rykrof heads on Leia bodies then we'll know for sure.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:59 AM by BrentS »

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 10:33 AM »

Chewi -  it sounds to me like your house was invaded by Aliens more than a lightning strike  ;)   If you start putting Rykrof heads on Leia bodies then we'll know for sure.

I always knew aliens existed!   That Rykrof head on a Leia body..is...just wrong , lol.

-Joe
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.   :-[  Computers and stuff like that can be replaced.  As long as you and our family are o.k. thats the most important thing.  Good luck to you. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Yeah, you don't wanna mess with the forces of nature. A couple of years ago, two trees fell down the farm road of my g/f's parents, because of a storm. That was quite an impressive sight (and sound).

Good luck to both of you guys and hopefully you'll be online soon, Fritzkrieg!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 01:36 PM »
God I love you guys.   ;D

I love you guys too.

Aliens are sooo real, where do you think platypuses are from. ::)

I hate Mother nature sometimes, We had a Funnel Cloud come down pretty much right over our house when we lived in texas. It scared the **** out of me, and I was only in 3rd grade. :o
Hope you get it taken care of like I said earlier,maybe get a surge protector. Fritz.
 Justin, that is scary, hope it doesnt happen again.

Adam

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 01:40 PM »
when i was a kid i had lightening come straight through my window and burn my bedroom carpet, that was scary...hope you get back to posting pics soon, your customs are awsome! ;D ;D
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!