Author Topic: 2007 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58183 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Scum's 2007 report... Oh my!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 12:51 PM »
VTSC? Snowtrooper!!!
New Mace?!
Obi Wan and Alpha!!

Oh thank you Hasbro!
Now bring on the AT-TE...
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Can someone post a few pics of the McQuarrie concept drawings? I have only seen the pics of the cloud car and the storm trooper.
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Out****ingstanding.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Tatooine Biggs is welcome news, BTW. Fitting for an anniversary year (even though he's never actually been cut into any version of the film...).

Aw, crap. McQuarrie's site is being updated. :(

http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/chap06-starwars/index.html

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Fingers Crossed!!!! ;D

Pros

Vintage Wave 3- Yes
Galactic Marine- yes
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight- Please Death Star Version
Hermie Ode- F#$@ A

Cons

Marvel Stormtrooper Han- I wanted movie version

Clones-Still missing Cody's Paratrooper (I know one is coming in Mace's Squad Pack), Kashyyk Biker Scout, Commander Neyo

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 01:45 PM »
The only thing that could suck are those Marvel 2-packs.  However, they basically said a few weeks ago that any new Clone Wars figures will be movie style, not sure why the Marvel figs won't be as well

UNLESS, Han and Luke wore slightly different EU Stormtrooper Armor in the Comics.  Anyone know/have scans?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 01:46 PM »
The other thought is these will be sort of like Marvel Legends figures in that the figures will be packed with a comic book (minus the 6" scale)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 01:52 PM »
The only thing that could suck are those Marvel 2-packs.

I dunno, the poster things sound like turds to me.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Sounds great, but also sounds a bit too good to be true as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. If true, I'll be buying a hell of a lot of figures next year.

This list sounds too good to be true also but all would be welcome.  Best news to me is a Biggs academy fig and a return of the coins

I am disappointed about getting Han and Luke Stormtroopers in another form instead of the movie versions, but they will come in due time IMO.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Uh... I'm holding my doubts out on this one because some of this sounds a bit on the incredible/can't believe they'd actually make that side. Yuuzhan Vong? Holiday Special Boba Fett?! Hell, I'd be surpised if they admitted the Holiday Special exists much less make a figure for it!

Good things in my book:

ROTS Galactic Marine (I don't know if I want one, but given how many times I've heard this in passing among customizers, plus the similarities to snowtrooper armor, I count it as a good thing if it's really going to be out there)
ROTS Clone Trooper (if it's the SA one I'm sure people wanted this)

ANH Luke Skywalker (this could be a different assortment of parts of a resculpt, or something, hopefully; surely they wouldn't rereuse the commtech sculpt + worse head sculpt again so soon?)
Biggs Darklighter in Academy Outfit - automatic money from me if I find one, unless he's shockingly horrible like a Saga Hoth Rebel Trooper or something

ROTJ C-3PO (could they be reprinting the excellent Endor Wave C-3PO? He'll need it I think)
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (don't know if this is really a good thing, it stinks of '04 rereleaseness, but it might be interesting, especially if it's a new sculpt)
A-Wing Pilot
Holiday Special Boba Fett, instant collectors' hit. I'd buy one.

AOTC Anakin Skywalker (unless they're planning to rerelease Saga 02 garbage or Secret Ceremony Anakin, this could be the evolutions Anakin, and if nothing else that means excellent fodder)
Yuuzhan Vong (wow. Just, wow. Not that this is my first choice for an EU figure, but I'm glad to see any Novel-exclusive characters/races making it to figure form again)
AOTC Clone (see above)

VTSC:
Luke Bespin
Imperial "Snowtrooper"
Han Solo (bespin)
Princess Leia Organa Endor Battle Gear

All good things there, but what's up with Bossk? Couldn't they pick an alien a bit more, uh, popular/important? I guess he hasn't had a resculpt in a while, but... heck, I'd rather seen Nien Nunb or, here's a grand idea, Admiral Ackbar. Now Ackbar, I might actually spend $12 on.

Glad to see if the Expanded Universe 2 packs are really being made, but probably not going to buy any of the things listed there. Make some Thrawn trilogy sets, Hasbro, and you're my new best friend.

At any rate, interesting repot, and it'll be quite interesting to see how it really pans out...

What I really want to know, though, is where does the Yavin wave fit in?

EDIT: I missed mentioning it in there, but I'm kinda glad tos ee this McQuarrie stuff being made too. But Thrawn trilogy/etc. figures would still get a lot more attention- and money- from me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 04:36 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 05:02 PM »
I'm just going to take some wild stabs at these Battle Packs to see how close I am when the finished versions are released:

TPM: The Battle of Theed
1.  Battle Droid (Boomer Damage from POTJ)
2.  Destroyer Droid (Saga 2002/ROTS 2005 version)
3.  Naboo Royal Guard (Episode I Version)
4.  Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I Naboo Version)
5.  Darth Maul (Episode I Jedi Duel Version)

AOTC:  The Battle on Geonosis
1.  Sun Fac (2006 TSC)
2.  Sora Bulq (2006 TSC)
3.  SA Clone Trooper (2003 CW)
4.  Super Battle Droid (2005 ROTS)
5.  Jango Fett (2002 Final Battle)

TCW:  Ambush on Ilum
1.  Yoda (2005 ROTS #3)
2.  C-3P0 (Deluxe 2002/TSC 2006 w/o BD Head)
3.  Luminara Unduli (2005 ROTS)
4.  Chameleon Droid (the only newly sculpted figure)
5.  R2-D2 (using the R4-G9 body) with Dooku hologram

ROTS:  Arrest of Chancellor Palpatine
1.  Mace Windu (Episode I Sneak Preview with purple saber)
2.  Agen Kolar (2005 ROTS version with blue saber)
3.  Kit Fisto (2002 Saga version)
4.  Saesee Tiin (2005 ROTS)
5.  Palpatine (2005 ROTS #35, but still with wrong saber)

ANH:  The Capture of Tantive IV
1.  Rebel Fleet Trooper (2001 POTJ)
2.  Stormtrooper (1998 CommTech)
3.  Princess Leia (2005 Early Bird)
4.  Darth Vader (2005 ROTS)
5.  Captain Antilles (2004 Saga) or R2-D2 (2000 POTJ Naboo Escape)

ESB:  Dagobah Training
1.  Luke Skywalker (2004 OTC)
2.  Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit (2004 OTC)
3.  Yoda (2004 OTC)
4.  R2-D2 (2004 OTC)
5.  Darth Vader (2000 POTJ)

ROTJ:  Battle at the Pit of Carkoon
1.  Han Solo (2006 TSC without block)
2.  Luke Skywalker (2004 Saga/OTC) Jedi Knight
3.  Lando Calrissian, Skiff Guard (2004 Saga/OTC)
4.  Weequay (1997 POTF2)
5.  Boba Fett (2003 Pit of Carkoon/2004 OTC/2006 TSC)

Of course, the ROTJ one is cheating since I assume that is the one that was shown at Toy Fair that nobody knew what was up with.

Other thoughts...Poster Packs, bound to be crap.  The inclusion of a Vintage Jawa pretty much guarantees the single carded basic version is going to be the POTF2 CommTech version (probably with GNK again too).  The Marvel Comic figures are corny as hell, and I'm not buying them; it sucks we have to pay for the Devaronian to get Vos.  Maybe the Obi-Wan will be an actual SA AOTC-style Obi-Wan or maybe even a SA Clone Armor Obi-Wan.  Alpha is one of the blue ARCs (I think) so maybe an SA Blue ARC is on tap.  Who knows?

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 05:44 PM »
One problem with the battle packs you have listed. They stated there was going  to be 4 figure with some accessory extras.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 07:54 PM »
I agree with OCB, all of the figures will have "movie real" sculpts, or we'd be getting more CW Animted style figs...so the Marvel packs will essentially just be regular figures with some sort of neat packaging.  I think it's way to ease into the EU for retailers.

Now that I think about it, there were 4 original comics, and there will be 4 2 packs...sounds like a comic might be involved.  I think that including comics into EU sets would be a good idea, so that people know who they are buying. For instance, I know who Vos is, but I've never read any stories about him.

Aside from that, this list has too many cool things to eavn mention.  Biggs, oh Biggs, how I've waited for you.  Academy Biggs has been on the top of my most wanted fig list since I was akid in the 70s!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Well Im pretty much down for 4 of the Quin/Villie 2 packs. I would hope that they give us a SA Barriss Offee for the Ilum Battlepack. Everything else is gravy.  ;D

Im hoping some of this stuff will be shown at CC.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 08:30 PM »
The holiday special fett is great news, but the concept stuff has never interested me. Vos would be really nice so i hope we get more EU alonng those lines. The Marvel EU stuff is a cool concept in my opinion and I think the only reason why we are getting this is the whole Marvel Legends / Hasbro connection. Great news in my opinion.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"