Author Topic: 2007 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58173 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 'Scum's 2007 report... Oh my!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 12:10 PM »
That's the new M. Night Shamalonga dingdong. ;D

LOL.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 12:10 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 12:20 PM »
 :D

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Hey Mods/Admins, whatddya think about making a new forum section regarding the next line? These TSC boards are becoming clogged with threads that aren't about a TSC, so it would be nice if we could put them in a different section. :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Hey Mods/Admins, whatddya think about making a new forum section regarding the next line?

We will see... if SDCC confirms that TSC is really over, then we'll start up a new section and move threads as needed.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Ok, gotcha.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 10:02 PM »
My guess is that all of the basic waves that we know so far should be out by June or July if the releases goes as fast as this year,so we should here more waves at SDCC if we're lucky.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 11:25 AM »
This list looks pretty amazing, and we'll see if it is true.  It does seem "too good to be true" in some aspects, but at the same time, quite a few of the rumors have been pretty on base lately it seems.  I personally hope this is, as everything looks great.  Its going to continue to be expensive, the way things look.  The basic line is about what we should expect I guess, continuing the themed waves with about half new/half old figures.  The lineups don't look too bad though so far.  I'm thrilled to see further info on the VTSC line continuing.  Those look great, although Bossk is a bit of a head scratcher.  I don't think we necessarily need another one.  The others look great though, and I can't wait for Bespin Han, Bespin Luke, and the Snowtrooper.  Nice lineup overall.  I'm not sure if they'll re-do the whole vintage line in this way either, like Scott mentioned - this year's wave (which was pretty great) is sitting everywhere here.  I couldn't imagine if we started seeing "VTSC Klaatu" or something along those lines.  Plus, some figures have nice enough versions coming out in the basic line.  As long as they cover the "main characters", army builders, and a handful of others - that would be ok with me.

I'm interested in the comic/EU 2 packs.  This could really be a fun line.  I would think the sculpts would be more "real", given the recent Hasbro comics how the animated figures weren't as well received as realistic sculpts.  If it gets us some new, SA Han and Luke Stormtrooper figures, that's great with me.  The McQuarrie concept figures are great as well, and I hope we see those.  Lots of interesting rumors over the past week or two here, it could be a heck of a year in 2007.  And here I thought there would be less to buy each year - at least that is what I've been telling the wife.  I'm really going to have to take a hard look at the other stuff I collect if there is going to be this much great SW stuff coming out.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 02:11 PM »
I think they just threw Bossk in there because they wanted another alien on the pegs.  Plus the older collectors like the Bounty Hunters and they probably felt like we would appreciate an "SA" version of him.  I would assume they will make the rest on the old cards at somepoint. 

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 03:15 PM »
/Rant

I can't believe all the "positives" I've been reading about the EU attention - I'm just a little ticked off with this whole "EU thing" they're pushing.  Great stuff for EU Fans?  I think NOT!!!!
Resculpts of MOVIE figures does not really satisfy any EU cravings- there are SOOOO many NEW characters they could do that would be awesome and might even encourage non-EU fans to go out read the EU books/comics.   Give us some Tallon Kaarde, Booster or Mirax Terrick, Winter, Vergere.. much needed and long awaited resculpts of Thrawn and Mara Jade... not "concept art" renditions of characters that were in the movies!   And touting the "EU 2-packs" with MOVIE characters?  Come ON Habro!   If you're going to sell us "EU"  SELL US EU!!!!!

And VTSC BOSSK?   ... what rock did they pull THAT idea from?  I can understand the Leia since they just did the matchin Han (we'll be able to recreate the bunker scene with fully articulated poses!)  but BOSSK?   I love bounty hunters but I seriously don't think we need another version of him (SAGA was just great) and ESPECIALLY not for a goram $12.99!

/Rant

At LEAST there'll be a few new tatooine aliens to use with the Cantina or Jabbas' Palace!

NOT a big buying year for Oboewan..... errr.. at least on the 3.75" line.

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 03:41 PM »
The VOTC Bossk is fine IMO.   Remember, in order for the Vintage line to continue they will need to throw out some average figs here and there.  Otherwise all the main figures we want will be spoken for and the line will die a premature death. 

As far as the EU I have mixed feelings.  I am not much of a fan but am glad for all the people that have been asking for these.  I would love to see some of the Marvel figs made and would like better versions of SOTE.  Those sculpts suck hard.  I would also like to see more figs from the Zahn Trilogy.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 04:17 PM »
The VOTC Bossk is fine IMO.   Remember, in order for the Vintage line to continue they will need to throw out some average figs here and there.  Otherwise all the main figures we want will be spoken for and the line will die a premature death. 

Exactly.  IMO, Bossk, Greedo and characters that don't excite people as much as Stormtroopers or Darth vader are a great sign.  It says that Hasbro intends to keep this thing going.

Which is fantastic.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Good points, that's how I've viewed it as well.  If we had a few waves and they included every version of Luke, Han, Leia - as well as the droids, Vader, Chewie, and the troopers right off the bat - it might be harder to sustain the line.  I mean, we have honestly gotten more of the main characters than I thought we would - not that I'm complaining.  I really hope the Bespin Han and Luke are true, as I'd really like to see them get the VTSC treatment.  Greedo was a bit of a surprise, and maybe not necessary, but aside from varying opinions on the vest - its a pretty nice figure.  Bossk probably will be too.  We'll probably continue to see an alien or two thrown in the mix each wave, and that's fine with me too.  Heck, if this rumor holds out, we'll have gotten arguably the "perfect" SA versions of Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, and Snowtrooper - (not to mention other greats like Han, Fett, Luke X-Wing, Chewie, etc.) so that's not too bad.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 04:29 PM »
with Bespin Luke and Han on the way. I hope the Hoth versions are next, I actually wanted SA Hoth Han more than Bespin Han. I wondering on Bespin Han with the jacket, will it be soft goods?, sculpt on?

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 06:19 PM »
I don't understand all the hate for an SA Bossk coming out. I'm actually kinda excited about it.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 06:42 PM »
i'm with you Roton.  i'd take him over greedo anyday.  just think of the custom fodder he could provide.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge