Author Topic: 2007 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58184 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 'Scum's 2007 report... Oh my!
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2006, 02:35 AM »
KM was expensive on the VOTC too Mike, but actually they were the place that got every wave in too which made it convenient...  at least for me.  I remember KB's in my area actually had Stormtroopers sit a little bit compared to other stores.  The price just was a big deterrant.

Now you have Target and KB similarly priced on basics and VTSC...  And KB even runs a sale undercutting Target, WM, and TRU...  Go figure.  Amazing to see them actually out maneuvering the competition through a long-running buy-2-get-1-free deal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2006, 07:41 AM »
My Target prices for VOTC are 12.99.  Walmart was also 12.99 but they recently dropped to 9.99.  TRU is still at 9.99

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Target here has been 11.99

TRU and Wal-Mart have both been 9.99

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2006, 11:52 AM »
KB prices for them are 11.99. Same as Target.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Sorry I mucked up this thread with price talk...

Bossk is a neat choice for the VOTC, but an Imperial Commander (all Black tunic) would have sold many more, and would have been a Vintage figure to crossoff the list.

I think Bossk still has a coolness factor becuase he was the SECOND ESB figure mail-away.  I know that as kids, we thought he was super cool, and were bummed by his small part in the flick
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2006, 12:43 PM »
These planned '07 figs sound pretty good, I'll be getting most if not all of them. I can check 10-15 customs off my "to do" list. I'm a bit skeptical of the Holiday Fett (since Lucas' disownment of the Holiday Special) and the Imperial Academy Biggs, but usually RS is right on the money with their predictions. Also:

The good, the bad and the UGH.

With all this EU going on here are my picks for the next wave:

Wave 5: SWHE (Holiday edition wave)
1. Bea Arthur as Ackmena
2. Lumpy
3. Malla
4. Gormaanda
5. Art Carney as Saun Dann
6. Itchy
7. Coked-out Leai with sound
8. Chewie in red life day robe
8. Luke x wing with eye liner

C'mon admit it you want them too..........I will take Bea Aurther over a EU Yoovin DingDong anyday. (Whatever they are called)

I'd buy all of these in a second. I actually made some vintage customs years ago of Bea Arthur, Torque, Lumpy or Itchy (whichever was the kid wookiee) and the cartoon Fett. I'll try to dig them up and post pics in the customs forum.
Mike

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2006, 01:01 PM »

Bossk is a neat choice for the VOTC, but an Imperial Commander (all Black tunic) would have sold many more, and would have been a Vintage figure to crossoff the list.

I really dont pay much attention to details on some of these figures.  The POTF Imperial Officer IMO is close enough to the Imperial Commander to cross off the vintage figs that need to be remade list.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2006, 08:24 PM »
These planned '07 figs sound pretty good, I'll be getting most if not all of them. I can check 10-15 customs off my "to do" list. I'm a bit skeptical of the Holiday Fett (since Lucas' disownment of the Holiday Special) and the Imperial Academy Biggs, but usually RS is right on the money with their predictions. Also:

The good, the bad and the UGH.

With all this EU going on here are my picks for the next wave:

Wave 5: SWHE (Holiday edition wave)
1. Bea Arthur as Ackmena
2. Lumpy
3. Malla
4. Gormaanda
5. Art Carney as Saun Dann
6. Itchy
7. Coked-out Leai with sound
8. Chewie in red life day robe
8. Luke x wing with eye liner

C'mon admit it you want them too..........I will take Bea Aurther over a EU Yoovin DingDong anyday. (Whatever they are called)

I'd buy all of these in a second. I actually made some vintage customs years ago of Bea Arthur, Torque, Lumpy or Itchy (whichever was the kid wookiee) and the cartoon Fett. I'll try to dig them up and post pics in the customs forum.
Mike

Nice!
I will keep an eye out for your Bea AurthUr!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 10:13 PM »
"I really dont pay much attention to details on some of these figures.  The POTF Imperial Officer IMO is close enough to the Imperial Commander to cross off the vintage figs that need to be remade list."

The guy that Hasbro made in the POTJ line wore a jumpsuit and had big gloves on. When pictures of that figure first showed up, most of us didn't even know who it was.  The Vintage figure wore an outfit just like Ozzel, but all black.  To me, they are like night and day.  I know I sound nit-picky, but Ilike the minute details.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 11:38 PM »
LOL,Coked Out Leia w/sound. Good one Jackofthetradez! :D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2006, 10:51 AM »
"I really dont pay much attention to details on some of these figures.  The POTF Imperial Officer IMO is close enough to the Imperial Commander to cross off the vintage figs that need to be remade list."

The guy that Hasbro made in the POTJ line wore a jumpsuit and had big gloves on. When pictures of that figure first showed up, most of us didn't even know who it was.  The Vintage figure wore an outfit just like Ozzel, but all black.  To me, they are like night and day.  I know I sound nit-picky, but Ilike the minute details.

Yeah, I'm with you Mike. We need some black tunic Imperial officers to fill out the ranks. Right now, we have troopers, techs (POTJ "Imperial Officer") and Admirals. We need some low-level officers. Maybe even some of those Imp officers with the silver boxes on their belts ("Inform the commander that Lord Vader's shuttle has arrived").
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2006, 11:20 PM »
They should just make the "Holding her is dangerous..." guy from ANH.  You hear the way that guy talks to Vader?  Must have a reall set of 'nads on him!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2006, 11:24 PM »
They should just make the "Holding her is dangerous..." guy from ANH.  You hear the way that guy talks to Vader?  Must have a reall set of 'nads on him!

True, true.  In fact I remember when I was really young watching ANH on tape after kindergarden class a lot and always remembering that guy... I always wondered back then what in the hell he was talking about when he mentioned the Senate.   :P

:)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2006, 11:25 PM »

I believe that might be Commander Praji.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2006, 03:17 AM »
I wish that IG-88 was on the list over Bossk.  Here's what I think of Bossk being put in there first.

:)