Author Topic: 2007 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58179 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 'Scum's 2007 report... Oh my!
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 06:53 PM »
/Rant

I can't believe all the "positives" I've been reading about the EU attention

I'm kind of with you there. It sometimes takes me time to analyze how I really feel about something, and after the list has sunk in, I think the word I'm looking for in the 2007 line is "disconnect." I don't know who half the characters are, so it's hard for me to get excited.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 07:00 PM »
I like the idea of a SA Bossk as well. I dunno why, but I have always liked this character. Plus it may mean a SA version of my favorite bounty hunter, Zuckuss. I just hope I can get a re-release of the SA Boba Fett. I missed out on that one and would really like to have a couple.
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2006, 07:02 PM »
They should make just about all of the bounty hunters SA. Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, etc.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Bring on the VOTC Rancor Keeper :P  Actually he is probably one of the few that will never get redone which is fine IMO.  But I am sure that there are fans out there that would honestly love one. 

So what is everyone's guess for the wave of VOTC after this one?  If we had to mix it up with a bit of all three movies with boring and main characters these would look pretty nice IMO.

Royal Guard
Emperor
Hoth Soldier
Admiral Ackbar
Gamorrean Guard

Also, with word that the coins are returning with the basic line, what does everyone think of the possiblities of a vintage POTF line?  This is the perfect opportunity for a new Luke Stormtrooper.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Bring on the VOTC Rancor Keeper :P  Actually he is probably one of the few that will never get redone which is fine IMO.  But I am sure that there are fans out there that would honestly love one.

Yup, I would.

So what is everyone's guess for the wave of VOTC after this one?  If we had to mix it up with a bit of all three movies with boring and main characters these would look pretty nice IMO.

Royal Guard
Emperor
Hoth Soldier
Admiral Ackbar
Gamorrean Guard

That is the perfect VOTC wave. We need that next year...err...I mean the year after next.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 08:56 PM »

If my Han and Luke Stormtrooper that I have been waiting for since POTF days have ORANGE pieces on thier Helmets and Cartoony styling, I am not going to be really happy.  But that is about as far as my idle threats will go.

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I'm with you there, Paul. I really hope Hasbro sculpts these figures in a normal manner next year.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 09:59 PM »
I don't understand all the hate for an SA Bossk coming out. I'm actually kinda excited about it.
I am,I would prefer IG-88 or Dengar thoe, since those are my favorite non Boba/Jango bounty hunters, what VOTC wave 4 should be:
Hoth Han Solo
IG-88
Dengar
Hoth Luke Skywalker
Death Star Commander
Hoth Leia Organa
Emporer Palpatine

If the Marvel comic EU sets are cartoony, I'll pass.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2006, 01:34 AM »
I'm a fan of all things Trandoshan actually so this year's been kind of cool for me, as have some of the past couple years.  I love the Bossk character simply because he has a smile it seems, and gurgles at people, so I'm all for SA Bossk...  I'm sure they can knock that one out of the park. 

I agree too that figures like that are a sign of positive things if you like the VOTC/VTSC.

I hate the price, but honestly I'd buy $10 figures with SA and softgoods over a lot of the unposeable stuff we're getting dished in the basic line for $7+.  I guess my point there is, I'd pay the $2 and change more to get the better figure at this point...  I still hate the price, but I love the toys and that's what I want.

I just hope the VTSC/VOTC expands to non-vintage figures at some point.  VTSC Fleet Trooper, VTSC Tarkin...  These are things ultra high on my want list.  Sure I want them for basic prices (or reasonable basic prices, like we should get) but at this point I figure truly great figures throughout the line (both basic and $10 pricepoints) are just not going to be likely.  Not with some of the answers we got in the Q&A's anyway.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:36 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I like the idea of a SA Bossk as well. I dunno why, but I have always liked this character. Plus it may mean a SA version of my favorite bounty hunter, Zuckuss. I just hope I can get a re-release of the SA Boba Fett. I missed out on that one and would really like to have a couple.

I have nothing against the idea of an SA Bossk.. what I AM against is having to pay $13 for him!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47 PM »
Where were people paying 13.00 for VOTC?  Everywhere I got mine, they were 9.99, except for KB, which was like 12.99.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Apparently KB ::)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2006, 09:13 PM »
McQuarrie and Johnston concept figures!! Yippee!! I love the concept art for the movies.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Roton7, I got ya...but is wasn't like these things were hard to find. I cant believe anyone HAD to buy them at KB! ;)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2006, 11:11 PM »
All of you Bossk complainers just think this will probally be the last new Bossk we'll ever get,besides re-packs,re-paints,etc...

Also maybe when they first came out & they were the first he saw. ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m