Author Topic: darth_sidious CUSTOMS: update: Ackmena!  (Read 11608 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: darth_sidious CUSTOMS: update: Ithorian Warrior
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 01:48 PM »
I love the concept, it's the sickest thing ever.  Tall, skinny, and lanky looks awesome.  However, the execution doesn't have me as excited.  He's kinda short, fat and squat.

If you could somehow thin him out and make him lanky like the concept, this guy would be a SLAM dunk!

Nice.

:)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 01:48 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 01:56 PM »
DS- I think the Itorian looks SWEET.  Like everyone else, I really like the way you put the costume/robes together.  Its a great mix of parts.  The helmet (I guess that's what it is) is my favorite part of the figure.  My only minor criticism is that he seems a bit too short.  This could be an artifact of the angle the picture was taken but I'd rather him look a little taller and lankier.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 03:42 PM »
To answer a question, it is indeed a modified Xizor robe for the clothing, and while the length of the "skirt" portion of the robe makes him look shorter, he is actually the same height as Momaw...  ;)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 05:17 PM »
I like the Ithorian, but I like all Ithorians. Too bad Lucas didin't put them in the movie. Would have been awesome to see Ithorians kick some butt. I might have to go find that book and try one or a few of these myself. That stick looking rifle in the picture looks awesome. Also I don't think it is DS's fault that it looks short. The base figure IMO is too short to begin with, even know it's a great sculpt. I think the sculpt Hasbro did needs to be about a half inch taller. The mass of the ithorian is there, just not the heighth. Anyway, great custom DS.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: darth_sidious CUSTOMS: update: Ackmena!
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 05:11 PM »
SW Holiday Special: Ackmena!

This custom is from the SW Holiday Special, a laughable television program that only aired once.  Its George Luca's "black sheep" of the SW universe.  While there have been several customs of Boba Fett from the cartoon featured in the special (including mine), there has yet to be an Ackmena custom figure (to my knowledge).  Ackmena, played by none other than Bea Arthur, was a Cantina owner on Tatooine.  Admit it, who can resist a figure based on Bea Arthur, haha...I have something to admit myself, the figure was going to be a joke present for a friend, but I was surprised that it turned out rather nice, and has a good likeness - so here she is, including a reference photo:

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Commented more over at RS but that softgoods skirt looks really good Jared. Nice work. Very Tatooine-y feeling :)
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 04:31 AM »
Wow, that IS really good!  Very imaginatively done!  Bravo.  Excellent soft goods.

What head is that?  I can't quite place it.  Good choice for the character, though.

"Good night, but not good-bye!"
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Thank you, the Ackmena head is from aunt Beru, it was the best match I could find, wrinkles and all...  ;)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Very nice Work!

I love the way the soft goods and the sculped hair turned out. I'm also very impressed with the characters you've been customizing. You really do pick the Obscure of the Obscure. I commend you for doing Customs of EU characters that most of us would never even think to do.

Top notch work!

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg