Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241394 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1035 on: March 13, 2011, 04:30 PM »
People in parking lots that immediatley put their vehicle into reverse after entering that don't look behind them before backing up.  Also hate morons who are turning left on a green light (no green arrow) that disregard oncoming traffic that's turning right.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 14, 2011, 12:16 AM »
People in parking lots that immediatley put their vehicle into reverse after entering that don't look behind them before backing up.  Also hate morons who are turning left on a green light (no green arrow) that disregard oncoming traffic that's turning right.

This site is helpful in that regard:

http://youparklikeanasshole.com/
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1037 on: March 14, 2011, 01:56 AM »
Also hate morons who are turning left on a green light (no green arrow) that disregard oncoming traffic that's turning right.

That's called a "Pittsburgh left" around here, or so I've heard it referred.  I hear people from other areas say they've never seen so many people do the left turn on green in front of others.

Though it may also be people waiting at a red light and when it turns green and they're turning left they gun it before the oncoming stuff can gun it and keep them from turning...  I may have my left turn douchebaggery mixed up slightly.  Same basic concept though, just with a twist.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 8, 2011, 12:21 PM »
People that drive with their left arm hanging outside of their vehicle.  I guess it's better then their leg hanging out, but ya...I've come to accept texting and talking on the phone as the norm so for some reason that's ok...not safe, but ok.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 8, 2011, 12:54 PM »
People that drive with their left arm hanging outside of their vehicle.  I guess it's better then their leg hanging out, but ya...I've come to accept texting and talking on the phone as the norm so for some reason that's ok...not safe, but ok.

Okay, I actually see a lot of people drive with their left leg/foot sticking out the window and it annoys the hell out of me.  Keep your stinky feet inside the vehicle when in motion!  >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 8, 2011, 04:46 PM »

I live in the UK so that would be really impressive or dangerous depending on the window they use :P
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 8, 2011, 05:04 PM »

co-sign. I don't know why but this bugs me too, moreso when they are gesturing and not just letting it hang down.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1042 on: August 8, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Wait, texting/talking is acceptable, but driving with your left arm out the window isn't?  Hmmm, ok.

As someone who does a lot of driving at his job, I'll happily know I'm annoying a lot of folks with my left arm as it flails about out my car window. ;D

No legs hanging out the window though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 8, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Thank you Jesse.   :-*
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 8, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm not in the talk/text while driving crowd. Too dangerous with people's mind not on the road... same with the ladies that are applying make-up on the way to work. Just wake up 15 minutes earlier each day so that you live a long, healthy life.

I also must annoy people with my arm out the window.

But how are all the homeless suppose to get those free shoes that litter the roads?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1045 on: August 8, 2011, 11:39 PM »
I wonder if that's why you sometimes see just a random shoe on the road...  No mate to it, just a random piece of footwear laying along a road.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 9, 2011, 12:04 AM »
Yeah, I'm not in the talk/text while driving crowd. Too dangerous with people's mind not on the road... same with the ladies that are applying make-up on the way to work. Just wake up 15 minutes earlier each day so that you live a long, healthy life.

That's sexist.  You should have an equal dislike for men applying their make-up on the way to work.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 9, 2011, 10:29 AM »

That's sexist.  You should have an equal dislike for men applying their make-up on the way to work.

True, I forgot about your morning rituals. Apologies, kind sir/ma'am.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 9, 2011, 10:30 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52 AM »
As of recently: Hasbro Q/A's.

Mostly because of you, Hasbro. >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35 AM »
People who cant do the speed limit and must go faster and then whinge they get a ticket for speeding
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself