Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241391 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1050 on: August 12, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Kubrick Chase Hammerhead.  I have a real love/hate relationship with him.

Changed my mind, I love him.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:26 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 17, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Craigslist.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1052 on: August 17, 2011, 05:20 PM »
I only hate when my dominatrix/mistress from there cancels...

Oh wait, I've said too much!  :-X
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:20 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Sorry about cancelling on you like that Jesse - but I was waiting on some guy who was supposed to come by and get the furniture I was selling....... :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1054 on: August 17, 2011, 10:53 PM »
That was Paul.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 26, 2011, 03:21 PM »
After being out with tens of thousands of people today at the glorious MN State Fair I have to say my new piss off is people who drag their feet (while walking of course)  PICK EM UP LAZY ASSES!  Hey - at least it's not car related.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 27, 2011, 09:51 AM »
HURRICANES!!!  >:(

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1057 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34 AM »
After being out with tens of thousands of people today at the glorious MN State Fair I have to say my new piss off is people who drag their feet (while walking of course)  PICK EM UP LAZY ASSES!  Hey - at least it's not car related.   :)

Just be glad that people are walking at all at your state fair.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:37 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 27, 2011, 12:07 PM »

I second that!  We had to cut our beach vacation short.  We had a mandatory evacuation on Oak Island, NC - just south of Wilmington - effective as of 10 a.m. yesterday.  On a positive note - the kids finally got to see some sea turtles hatch and swim out to sea.  Usually they hatch at night unassisted.  Since Irene was advancing, and the eggs where within the 50-60 day incubation time period, they decided to dig up the nest on Thursday afternoon.  It was really cool to see 122 little Loggerhead babies hatch and them swim out to sea.  We were told they would make it out to the Gulf Stream before Irene arrived - if they made it that far w/o being fish-food.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 27, 2011, 05:17 PM »

I second that!  We had to cut our beach vacation short.  We had a mandatory evacuation on Oak Island, NC - just south of Wilmington - effective as of 10 a.m. yesterday.  On a positive note - the kids finally got to see some sea turtles hatch and swim out to sea.  Usually they hatch at night unassisted.  Since Irene was advancing, and the eggs where within the 50-60 day incubation time period, they decided to dig up the nest on Thursday afternoon.  It was really cool to see 122 little Loggerhead babies hatch and them swim out to sea.  We were told they would make it out to the Gulf Stream before Irene arrived - if they made it that far w/o being fish-food.

That's pretty cool about the turtles. Most of my Wilmington friends ended up staying out there. I go to East Carolina, but I came home for the weekend. My brother stayed there, and he told me most of the streets are blocked by either flooding or downed trees. This is picture of my newly damaged apartment building made it on the local news:

My room is on the opposite end so I'm hoping things are okay. So far nothing too bad has happened in north Raleigh. I'm surprised we still have power.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 28, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Just be glad that people are walking at all at your state fair.

Oh I've seen plenty of whales riding go carts out there.  Even saw a 300-400lb woman riding one Friday who ordered a tub of 40-50 cookies....breakfast perhaps?  Oh and free chapstick flavor this year at the fair was either ketchup or mustard.  Previous years were bacon flavored and a popcorn butter flavor.  Eh....

Oh - and hurricanes...Sorry.. ya those must suck too and are a bit more serious than the feet draggers.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1061 on: August 28, 2011, 06:53 PM »
When I lived on the Outer Banks, I liked hurricanes because that is when the surf was at its best!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 30, 2011, 10:12 PM »
My gripe is sort of Hurricane related, and perhaps is too state specific...  Anyway, in NY, when a traffic light is out the law says you're supposed to treat it like its a stop sign.  Its a pretty simple concept, and kind of just harkens back to before there were stop lights; everyone is careful when they come to an intersection so they don't get plowed into by the idiot coming the other way, right?

Either that or I've been inventing state laws again, because I was the only one stopping on the way to work on Monday..
I am not the Stig

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 1, 2011, 07:05 PM »
Not being able to go into Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc. without being harassed by a DirecTV salesman asking you to switch over. It wouldn't be so bad if they stayed at the stand near the entrance, but these guys actually walk around the store in normal clothes and start conversations with you. Not a fan.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 4, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Not being able to go into Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc. without being harassed by a DirecTV salesman asking you to switch over. It wouldn't be so bad if they stayed at the stand near the entrance, but these guys actually walk around the store in normal clothes and start conversations with you. Not a fan.

I have the same problem with Home Depot.  I can't get down two aisles now without someone explaining in detail how badly I need to have my kitchen cabinets refaced.  Really?  What % of HD shoppers are in need of and in financial position to have their kitchens redone right now?  Maybe .005%? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today