Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241437 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 07:11 PM »
Couple more to add in here today...

• When a DVD that you previously bought gets re-released in a much better suped up version.  A number of DVD movies have been upgrading to the Superbit format with DTS sound (with even sharper picture and sound), plus some nice extras excluded from the prior version.  Especially crappy when they don't even throw a rebate in the new one (just $5 or so) for owners of the previous version.  I suppose many of the Star Wars collecting completists here can relate to this, since it happens ALL the time in our hobby...   :-\
  • When your air conditioning in your car goes out, and your stuck on the L.A. freeways (more like parking lots) in 105-110 degree heat for a good hour or two.  Now that really sucks...   >:(

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 07:44 PM »
Couple more to add in here today...

• When a DVD that you previously bought gets re-released in a much better suped up version.  A number of DVD movies have been upgrading to the Superbit format with DTS sound (with even sharper picture and sound), plus some nice extras excluded from the prior version.  Especially crappy when they don't even throw a rebate in the new one (just $5 or so) for owners of the previous version.  I suppose many of the Star Wars collecting completists here can relate to this, since it happens ALL the time in our hobby...   :-\
  • When your air conditioning in your car goes out, and your stuck on the L.A. freeways (more like parking lots) in 105-110 degree heat for a good hour or two.  Now that really sucks...   >:(

I know how you feel Matt.  I bought Black Hawk Down when it came out with really nothing special on it and found out that there is a new verison coming out.  ANd my A/C in my house went out today so I'm stuck to using fans. >:(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2003, 07:06 AM »
Here's a post from a similar thread over at RS:

A major city decides its traffic problem is horrendous so said city decides to fix it. After years of planning, actual work commences. Now after years of work and numerous traffic delays and detours, the first major part of said problem fixer opens up. Mind you, this was supposed to be the end all be all solution to the problem. Guess what, traffic is no better and in some cases, worse than before. Cost for this solution: $15 billion. What was actually gotten: a big steaming pile of ****. But boy, it sure does look pretty.   ::)

DK, I remember when the original BHD was released, there was rumblings of a super deluxe version to be released later.  I'm glad I held off on that one.  The new is being released next week and its going to be worth it for the 90 minute History Channel documentary alone.

But I do agree with you and Matt on the issue, though.  I've gotten pooched with buying America Pie, Sixth Sense, Silence of the Lambs, Almost Famous and many others to only have a better edition released.  Granted most of those were bought in my rookie days of DVD and I now know to check out the web for any possible rumblings of a future release, but it still pisses me off.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 08:44 AM »
Things that suck:
1) People who drive 60 in the 70 mph left lane
2) People who haven't discovered where their turn signal is, or how to use it.
3) Over-priviledged punk-a$$ kids who drive expensive cars (badly) and think that because they exsist, they deserve everything handed to them on the silver platter.  >:(
4) The cheap, greasy guy who was wearing 5 gold chains and 3 gold rings and drove a Maserati who was in front of me at Wal-Mart, who argued with the cashier about a .05 difference in price on a pair of socks, making everyone else wait while the manager was called to correct the difference.
Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 07:58 PM »
Couple new ones here:

• When the wife forgets to charge her cell phone, and it winds up dying out making it impossible to reach her all day.  This often leads to some crazy fear that something horrible has happened to her, sending me into the occasional panicked tizzy.  Of course she always winds up wandering on home later on and calling, and being quite surprised to hear that I was so concerned over her well-being...   :-X
  • When the wife gets totally concerned with MY well-being just 'cause I'm out with the fellas and it's getting late and I haven't checked in!  Of course MY cell phone works.  I just usually don't hear it is all...   ;)
  • Current gas prices.
Back later with more, I'm sure.  Just don't annoy me or you'll find yourself right here on this list!   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 09:21 PM »
 :-* Baggy Sweatered Hooter Patrons :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2003, 09:23 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2003, 09:25 PM »
I seriously laugh at the dudes that wear turtlenecks out to the bars...bars are concert t-shirts and baseball caps not mock turtlenecks and ascots

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2003, 09:35 PM »

And just exactly who the in the hell might you possibly be referring to there Scott?!?

I profusely apologize to Carrie, Beth, Karen, Tammy, and the various other female members that we have here at JD who must now witness me in this disgustingly unattractive MALE PIG moment...   ::)   :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 09:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2003, 11:09 PM »
All I have to say is, you look drunk as all hell.  :)
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2003, 03:04 AM »
All I have to say is, you look drunk as all hell.  :)

Yes he does.   ;D
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2003, 03:53 PM »

now witness me in this disgustingly unattractive MALE PIG moment...   ::)   :P
I agree, tha grease on her shirt does look unattractive...oh, you weren't looking at the grease??  Sorry ;)..
Hey, did you happen to look up at all? (insert a smirk here) If so, does the beginning of that sign say "one" ?  I don't get it??

Beth

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 07:29 PM »
Yeah, I have one....................................................

Mods from other sites sending nasty emails..... :o

Hey Dale ??.... ;D..LOL
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 07:32 PM by Membraneman »
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 08:29 PM »
Yeah, I have one....................................................

Mods from other sites sending nasty emails..... :o

Hey Dale ??.... ;D..LOL

Nice one Bob.  ;D  
See ya at the Toy Show.  :-*   ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 1, 2003, 08:12 AM »
How about this one:  bad spelling.  You can only imagine my plight on message boards, where it runs so rampant.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback