Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242038 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2004, 12:23 PM »
Dale:

Would you rather them sneak off, or have to come in on Saturday...yeah, and sunday too? ;)

Kevin

OK, that did it!  ;D 

I would love for them to come & have a nice chat with me, then two words...

:-*

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2004, 12:24 PM »
 ;D

I think that's my favorite post ever.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2004, 01:03 PM »
I don't envy you Kevin.  I think job hunting is one of the hardest things to do.  I always dreaded it when it came to summer job time in university.  I don't take rejection well and when the 15th person tells you "Well, we're not looking to hire right now, but we'll keep your resume on file," I get pretty depressed.   :-[

The worst part is when you see the morons that do have jobs, and you think, well if that idiot can get a job why can't I.  I know I'm smarter than him, so what am I doing wrong?

But, eventually, your hard work will pay off.  Honest.  Stick with it, you'll see.   :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 24, 2004, 06:54 PM »
I have a nice peeve. NO JOBS. I have applied at 10 places of work, no lie, 10. 10. Probobly more from word of mouth. Ive called back and followed through with things, and such. Still no luck around here. All the highschool kids take the jobs in this town, and the unemployed toy collecting bums like me can't get a job.

10? That's nothing... I usually apply for like 10 - 12 each day on Monster.com - and I've gotten a few callbacks, but they are usually crazy. Like this one that called me back a few months ago - had a great opening, great salary and benefits, right where I wanted to be. Only problem was that the company was from Israel, and they wanted me to fly over there for a few months of "training" while they get things worked out to open their offices in NYC. I had to decline that job. And that was probably the best prospect I had.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2004, 10:11 PM »
No doubt, no doubt. I'm just irritated because I have the qualifications for most jobs, but things are really local here, so you have to be related to somebody, to get this or that job. And since I don't have my car back yet, or my licence (need the 5 hour course) I cant commute to other places, and guess what, it's Christmas time, and I have two baby sisters. I'd like to get them the nice things they want, like Carebears, and Bratz, and Strawberry Shortcake you know? It's gonna be tough. I think I'm gonna have to take 100 out of my college account and do my Christmas shopping for them with that. Ive got my other stuff taken care of (Grandparents, Friends Secret Santa, etc), and I was counting on having a job by now. I have to go to the unemployment office soon and apply at the local concrete plant and try and make 12 bucks an hour while killing myself.

I hear you about the idiots too. I went to the video store and this dopey cute girl with hickups had no idea what she was doing. I dont work there and I'm walking around fixing her shelves and such, and she doesnt even know where my Punisher poster they were holding for me was. She's been there for 3 weeks.

Oh well. Maybe I'll hit the lotto.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2004, 12:33 AM »
Just don't give up. Christmastime is the hardest time to land a job. But right after Christmas, most of those people will be quitting, and then you should be able to get lucky and pick something up. I know it'll be too late for you to grab some extra cash to do your shopping with and stuff, but at least you'll have a job, and you can start saving your money for next Christmas  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2004, 07:00 PM »
Alright, let's see if I can remember the **** that's pissed me off today so far...

1)  SUVs/parking lots.  It drives me nuts when someone takes up TWO damned parking spots with their fatass SUVs (anywhere, but especially at my office).  I partially blame this on the SUV (and it's owner), but even moreso blame it on the idiots that lay out the parking lot design with WAY too small of spaces nearly everywhere here in SoCal.

2)  Even distribution of the elements on my food.  I hate getting a sandwhich, taco, or whatever, and the dumbass employee does the worst job in the world on evenly distributing the various ingredients within my food, like the mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, meat, etc.  Don't stick a fat pile of lettuce on one end of my taco, while you stick the pile of cheese at the opposite end, you moron.  Please, just evenly distribute my toppings and such, across the length of my taco or sandwhich, even if it means taking a little extra care, and another second or so to do it.  When I bite into my lunch, I like to collectively taste everything at once.  I don't want a lettuce sandwhich for the first few bites, and a cheese sandwhich the last few bites.  Just put all the **** together.  I swear to God it's not that hard.  Seriously...

3.  Dammit, I knew I was gonna forget the third one.   >:(  I'll have to think about it and get back to you...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 07:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Few things piss me off more than getting a call from a wrong number, and instead of politely saying "I'm sorry, I've got the wrong number", the person just hangs up.  OK, you got me out of my chair and inconvenienced me, and you can't even apologize for the wrong number.  Ooooh, gets my blood boiling...  >:(

Even distribution of the elements on my food.

Yeah, this isn't exactly rocket science.  And no, this isn't too much to ask for.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 10:01 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 6, 2004, 09:02 AM »
Unbelievable, driving home from work this morning, the city works crews are out grading & removing the snow of the main roads. Now correct me if I am wrong but are you not suppose to grad the roads first then sand them? Nope, not this crew I saw, a sanding truck dumping sand in front of the graders & then its all graded to the side for pick up.  ::)  Then its just a slippery road to drive on for the morning traffic! 

Yep, snow removel budget well spent!  >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #294 on: December 9, 2004, 07:22 PM »
Made the STUPID mistake of pulling into the Del Taco drivethrough last night behind two minivans.  Saw only two cars in front of me and figured that'd go pretty quick, but NO.  Soccer moms feeding the entire block of kids, apparently, 'cause it took each minivan at least 10 freakin' minutes at the window to get all their ****.  I waited over 20 minutes to move up TWO car lengths.

Not to mention I was starving to death and about to faint from hunger.  Of course, I laid on the horn several times, just to let them know how I felt...   >:(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Got two new ones today...

1) Going to Toys R Us expecting to find nothing, and then see 2 VOTC Chewbacca figs on the shelf. Then, after pulling them off the rack, looking at them and realizing that there are 2 POTF2 Chewbacca figs re-sealed inside the packaging. Someone needs to either educate their employees better or hire someone just to make sure **** like this doesn't happen.

2) Purchasing ink cartridges from Staples for my printer only to find out when I get home that the boxes had been re-sealed, and contained empty ink cartridges. What am I supposed to do now? Would you believe me if I went back to your store and told you that I bought these and they were empty? I know I wouldn't, so it looks like I'm just out close to $40 now. Merry ******' Christmas to you too, *******.

Few things piss me off more than getting a call from a wrong number, and instead of politely saying "I'm sorry, I've got the wrong number", the person just hangs up.  OK, you got me out of my chair and inconvenienced me, and you can't even apologize for the wrong number.

The only thing worse is when they keep calling back and doing the same **** several times. Last time, I had someone call my house at 3am - 3 ******* a.m. - and hang up on me. Then they called again, and again, and again. This continued for about 15 minutes. Finally, I called them back, since I have caller ID, and cursed the person out for a good 2 minutes. The phone calls stopped after that.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2004, 08:55 PM »
I totally understand.  Our phone number has 2 digits reversed compared to the number for the 7-11 in town.  So you can imagine the strange times of the night that we get people calling asking for the flavours of slurpees they have.  How freakin' hard is it to dial correctly?  Ok, I make mistakes too, but if it's 3 in the morning, I make damn sure that I'm dialing the number right.   ::)

You know, they just might believe you about the ink cartridges.  I mean, it's such a bizzare story that they'd almost have to believe that no one would make it up.  Cross your fingers, some days you get an understanding store manager.   :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2004, 09:55 PM »
I totally understand.  Our phone number has 2 digits reversed compared to the number for the 7-11 in town.  So you can imagine the strange times of the night that we get people calling asking for the flavours of slurpees they have.  How freakin' hard is it to dial correctly?  Ok, I make mistakes too, but if it's 3 in the morning, I make damn sure that I'm dialing the number right.   ::)

You know, they just might believe you about the ink cartridges.  I mean, it's such a bizzare story that they'd almost have to believe that no one would make it up.  Cross your fingers, some days you get an understanding store manager.   :)

My direct dial office number is one digit off of the Marriot Rewards customer service number.

My favorite so far was the dude from the deep South who, after I answered "Hello, this is Deanpaul at *********" shouted "How many them points I got!?!". It was early on in the nightmare, so all I could ask was an honest "Huh?".

In recent months, I've begun to have fun with the "situation". I'm nearly ready to start collecting their personal information, for a devious plan I'm hatching.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2004, 10:01 PM »
In recent months, I've begun to have fun with the "situation". I'm nearly ready to start collecting their personal information, for a devious plan I'm hatching.

Oh that would be too fun!  There's got to be a way to teach these schmucks a lesson.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2004, 10:42 PM »
When I lived at my last address, my number was 1 digit off from the local cab company number. THAT was a lot of fun, let me tell you.

"Sure thing, ma'am, ten minutes". Click.