Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241413 times)

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #420 on: May 25, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Hi guys! What's happening here? ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 04:26 PM by Omega Squad Commander »

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2005, 05:53 PM »
I don't want to get into a political spat, but one of the most annoying things to me are seeing people driving around with John Kerry bumper stickers still... usually it's Soccer Moms in my area, and many of them have Pro-Abortion stickers on their cars, some even have pink hair, etc... I saw one yesterday who actually had a "Support our Troops" ribbon with a big red "X" over it.  Try living in another country for 5 years if you think it's so bad here. 

I also get sick and tired of hearing only one side of the story from networks like CBS and CNN.  For instance, today, my local news radio station (which is a CBS affiliate) mentioned a speech that George Bush gave today - they made no mention of what the speech was about, all they did was play a part where he stuttered and then they ripped on him.  What's that all about?  No wonder there is a segment of the population who thinks he's an idiot.  It's the media that chooses to play just one soundbite - the one where he sounds foolish.  They make no mention of the message and substance of his speech.  Totally ridiculous, and annoys the living hell out of me, but it's been this way for years and the only network that seems to support this country to the bone is FOX.  The liberal media strategy obviously hasn't worked though - most Americans are more informed than they want to believe.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #422 on: May 27, 2005, 08:23 PM »
1) People in pickups and SUVs that drive like dicks because they know they can get away with it. Let's face it--if I'm up against a Suburban or a crewcab F-150 with giant tires, I pretty much have to let him do what he wants elsewise he'll ride right over my l'il Focus and not even feel it.

Two recent instances come to mind.

This weekend I was on a highway (two lanes going in my direction)--in the rain no less--when this guy in a pickup with the big tires and the boosted-up axles comes blasting up behind me, brakes to avoid rear-ending me, then moves into the other lane--at this point I slowed down because I knew he would pass at unsafe velocity. He comes between my hood and the rear of the car in front of him with about a foot to spare away from my headlight, then goes blazing off ahead of me.

It's RAINING, jackass. Forgive me for not going 95.

Then previously, I was on a four or five-lane county road--not even a freeway--when the lane I'm in becomes a "Right Turn Only" some distance ahead. Well before the turn, I signal and try and move left. Next to me are a car and a gigantic pickup behind him. The car doesn't get out of the way so I slow down to move behind him, in front of the pickup--my signal is on this whole time mind you. I'm trying to move over. The pickup doesn't get out of the way even though he's had PLENTY of warning and if he doesn't realize it's turning into a Right Turn Only then he's more of a moron than I give him credit for.

Finally I have to slow way down, wait for him to pass, then swerve left shortly before the turn. If it was a regular car I'd say the driver just wasn't paying attention, but as a pickup it's part of a bigger pattern.

It's more a state of mind from driving a truck than anything with the vehicle itself, because this also happens with people in pansy little pickups with 6" ground clearance that would probably LOSE in a head-to-head with my car.

1a) The pickup I periodically see in the school parking lot with the boosted-up axles, the flame stickers and assorted crap, and the license plate reading "XLCHEVY"--no lie. Thanks for broadcasting to the whole world that you have a 1" penis. Good to know.

2) People that drive minivans. They either do 20 mph under the speed limit or drive like lunatics to compensate for the Piece of **** Squaresmobile they're driving.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 08:29 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 27, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Posts celebrating stupid milestones like a person's 1000th post. >:(

;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:19 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #424 on: May 27, 2005, 11:29 PM »

;)
Hey >:( ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 27, 2005, 11:47 PM »

;)
Hey >:( ;D

Double hey.   >:(  ;D

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #426 on: May 28, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Shania Twain.

She's insanely hot, but her singing and her music make me want to put out my ears with rusty forks.  :'(

And it's not as if I hate all country music--I like Montgomery Gentry, Toby Keith, and some others--but her stuff really gets on my nerves for some reason.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 29, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Spyware

I caught some from AIM a few weeks ago (damn you to hell, AIM >:(), and the stuff keeps popping up at random times, no matter how many removal programs I use. It's getting less and less frequent though, so I think it's almost 100 percent gone.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 9, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Spyware

For all of you that have problems with spyware check here. Works fine for me. :)

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 9, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Same here.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 14, 2005, 10:56 AM »

2) People that drive minivans. They either do 20 mph under the speed limit or drive like lunatics to compensate for the Piece of **** Squaresmobile they're driving.

Yeah yeah yeah. . . one day you'll find yourself to surprised to be really excited over your new minivan.  It happens to us all.  Giddy over the stow and go seats.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 10:57 AM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 20, 2005, 03:13 PM »
This really doesn't tick me off but rather just gets my curiosity in top gear. I hate it when I read a thread and someone has edited their entire post to read just "Nevermind..." or something to that effect. And especially if the posts following are in an uproar or whatever, I know it was a good remark (smartalecky or cynical or funny), so why not just leave it for the masses to enjoy?  ;)

However, sometimes someone will quote the unedited post in another post, so the post can be read by the masses. That's nice. :P

Dang, I'm tired.   
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 05:18 PM by stormie »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 20, 2005, 04:13 PM »
When you convince yourself of somthing reidculous and you then worry about it constantly for 2 says solid? Yeah. That pisses me off.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #433 on: June 21, 2005, 05:38 AM »
Commercials that run EVERY FOUR ******* MINUTES.

I was trying to watch that AFI thingy, and it felt like they were too frequent.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Getting a final notice from the Post Office for your parcel that was delivered last Monday and not receiving the first notice for pick up. Damn summer replacement!  >:(