Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241419 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #450 on: August 13, 2005, 06:18 PM »
************* ****nut ******bag ******** piss me off.

Mean people suck. Nuff said. >:(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 13, 2005, 08:13 PM »

No, not nuff said.  Story please.   :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Today's grievances:

1.  Flipping through the channels and accidentally stopping on the National Geographic Channel.  This normally wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that they were showing a doctor remove an insect larvae from underneath this woman's skin OMG I NEED TO WASH MY EYES OUT WHY IS MY TELEVISION TORMENTING ME WHAT THE HOLY HELL!  :'(

(the fear of insects burrowing under my skin and eating their way out/laying eggs beneath the skin is my number one phobia that I mentioned in that thread a few weeks back)

2.  People who think that it's perfectly acceptable to move into their new apartment that is on the fourth floor at 9 PM (said building does not have elevators and is mostly populated by the elderly).  Great job, assclowns.   ::)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2005, 03:41 PM »

No, not nuff said.  Story please.   :)

Rendered into normal English and somewhat condensed....

We're talking the kind of person who takes great pleasure in ordering people around, but when something needs to be done he's ******* NOWHERE to be found. >:(

Textbook kiss-up/kick-down personality--disrespectful attitude to peers and lowers, but he knows when he has to play nice.

Heavily sarcastic manner, constant jabs and bitching. It's hard to classify--it's rarely direct insults or overt bullying, but it's just not a good vibe he sends off. Basically all around full of ****.

Technically I outrank this guy, but the way the informal food chain worked out (alpha male/beta male thing) it's basically peer-peer.

I don't let any of his jabs/mocking/belittlement get to me, cause I know he's just a dick and I could honestly care less what he thinks. But it does get annoying to have to deal with, even though more often than not I ignore his crap.

He's also a bad influence on others' behavior. Not a peacemaking influence you might say. One of those charismatic individuals that enters a well-oiled situation like a rogue star passing through a solar system, and his gravity skews the orbits of everything around him.

One thing that REALLY gets on my nerves--I hate the way I feel when he asks me to do something. It has nothing to do with the task usually--I don't mind helping out, and in normal cases I wouldn't object to whatever it is, but if I do it, it feels like I'm giving in in this ongoing contest of wills. But I can't legitimately refuse him (even though I don't have to do it if I don't feel like it)--because it's stuff that should get done, and if I refuse it makes ME look like the bad guy. And I hate being made into the enemy. It's not the task that's the problem, it's the delivery and the bad attitude that goes along with it. Smug S.O.B.

A little more information than you wanted, probably.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 03:42 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Inconsiderate/rude/mean people in general.  I hate it when someone is outright rude or mean to me or someone else. 

Specifically:

As a woman I do not automatically expect a man to hold a door open for me (though it is a nice and very much appreciated gesture -- well done to all of you guys who still hold the door open for a lady :)).  Although when I am carrying a baby, handling a toddler and/or pushing a stoller, common courtesy would dictate that you hold the door open for me.  I am not just talking about women with children.  People should hold the door open for 1) anyone who needs help, 2) the elderly, 3) anyone whose hands are full and 4) anyone who happens to be walking through the doorway behind them.   It also bothers me when I go through a door and I catch the door in one arm (while usually holding said infant/child in other arm) for someone behind me so they can grab the door and they waltz through like I'm the door man without so much as a thank you.    >:(

It also drives me crazy when I go to check out at a store and the clerk doesn't acknowledge my presence beceause he/she is too busy talking to a friend.  I usually make it a point to very clearly say "thank you for being so pleasant" when I get ready to leave.

Or when you let someone in line in traffic and they don't wave.  Common courtesy is in short supply lately.  Although I must say, people are much more polite here in NC then they were in DC :)

Ahhhhhh  I feel much better now -- thanks! ;D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2005, 04:59 PM »
It also drives me crazy when I go to check out at a store and the clerk doesn't acknowledge my presence beceause he/she is too busy talking to a friend.  I usually make it a point to very clearly say "thank you for being so pleasant" when I get ready to leave.

Oh, that drives me insane.  Sooner or later they need to tell me my total and I just stand there looking at them like I don't speak English.  I finally will say "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were actually talking to ME!!"

Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2005, 05:17 PM »
I'm sure it's been said before, but it bears repeating:

People who talk on their cell phones while they are driving!

I think these people should either be shot or have their driving privlidges taken away.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2005, 05:25 PM »
Agreed.  Most people can't even drive when they're focusing on it, much less when they're yacking on a cell phone.   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2005, 05:34 PM »
Aye. And these same types of jerks also drive the biggest automobiles on the road and drive as if they owned them exclusively.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2005, 05:39 PM »
One of my pet peeves is people who honk at me while I am driving my oversized SUV down the highway as if I owned the road while talking on my cell phone...

Insensitive jerks.   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2005, 05:41 PM »
I don't honk at people like that.

I throw Taco Bell cups at their cars.

;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2005, 06:02 PM »
I hate people who park too close to you, and people who are behind you stopped in the middle of the road. I had to do some tricky driving to get out of a school parking space today, and I scraped my right front end on a car because he was parked right next to me. >:(

Now my parents are pissed. >:(

Luckily its just a scratch though. Gotta find a way to remove it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2005, 06:04 PM »
People should hold the door open for 1) anyone who needs help, 2) the elderly, 3) anyone whose hands are full and 4) anyone who happens to be walking through the doorway behind them.

Personally, I am an equal-opportunity door opener.  I don't care if you're young or old, male or female, black, white, green, blue, gay, straight, or have a third arm growing out of your ear, I've just always been raised to be polite and respectful of others. 

The thing that pisses me off is when someone is walking a few feet in front of me and they don't even attempt to hold the door long enough for me to grab it, and instead just let it slam back right in my face.  Thanks a lot *******, I hope a drunken yak uses you for a vibrator.   >:(

Aye. And these same types of jerks also drive the biggest automobiles on the road and drive as if they owned them exclusively.

And never doubt that where they are going is the most important place in the world.  How dare that ambulance try to pass them!  They had to make that turnoff to pick Little Mary up from soccer practice!  I don't care if its lights were blinking, their child might have had to wait two minutes!   The ambulance can take the next turnoff; they have to get home before they miss "Dr." Phil! ::)

Oh, and to add to the list (the door topic reminded me of it):

-Automatic doors that (for some reason) stop working when I try to walk through them, resulting in me almost smashing my nose into the door (Target, I'm looking directly at you...)  :(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2005, 06:10 PM »
Thanks a lot *******, I hope a drunken yak uses you for a vibrator.   >:(

:D

It makes me cringe when someone gets into the driver seat of a car after they were just able to hobble to it with their walker.  If they can barely walk, how can they possibly have the reflexes to avoid an accident?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Things can get under my skin pretty quick when I'm in an agitatable mood.  This is some of the stuff that has irritated the hell out of me recently:

• Screaming and crying babies in public, whose parents act like they could care less.
I know this is an old post -- but since it's the one that started it I have to reply :)  I was right there with you -- until I became the mother who had to go out in public with the screaming/crying baby/kid.  Now I understand that the parents aren't acting like they don't care -- we're just trying to keep our heads from exploding while we try and get in and out of the store while grabbing as many essentials as quickly as possible without resorting to violence singing and dancing in the aisles ;D (not really -- just adding that part about the violence for emphasis and humor -- the years of working for lawyers has ingrained the habit of placing such disclaimers -- so please -- no calls to Child Protective Services -- they'd just give him right back ;)).  So please have mercy on us poor souls the next time you see a frazzled mom in the store with a screaming kid -- we really aren't trying to p*ss you off ;)  Also -- since I'm new and I don't know everyone yet I have to ask -- have you had children since this post and if so, has your opinion changed? :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(