Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241399 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2003, 12:59 PM »

2.  People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts in the "corral" after their done with them.  Why leave them all over the parking lot? Are you that lazy you can't walk a few feet and make everyone's life a lot easier?  Its not like they're all the way near the store, they're spread out through the parking lot.  Get some exercise you fat ***.  It will do you good.

Ooh!  Good one.  This drives me nuts too.  I usually end up saying something like wow, that piano must be heavy to which the reply is usually a blank stare.  But if they say "what".  I say the one tied to your a$$  That usually elicits a stream of expletives but you know they got the point ;D  

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2003, 04:18 PM »
 Another one I hate is when People are hailing for a city bus. Come on, I'm sure the driver know where to stop, so stop sticking your arm out to catch the driver's attention!!! unless the moron would like to lose their arm.

Oh,  i forgot to tell you guy this. NYC is now going to ban junk foods such as candy, potato chips, soda, etc etc etc. And the reason why they are being ban because of  stupid fat... (snipped by JediMAC)

Note from JediMAC: That's not exactly how we like to discuss things here at JD, Master Chief.  Regardless of the fact that your 9 swear words were all caught by the language filter, there are much better ways to explain why something pisses you off.  Please refrain from any further profanity laced tirades here in the future.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 1, 2003, 05:15 AM by JediMAC »
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 1, 2003, 07:33 AM »
Oop...thank for letting me know jedi mac. I won't curse anymore. ;)
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 9, 2003, 02:27 PM »
Sometimes I think there should be a ban on retirees shopping/banking/going to the post office/etc during the hours of 12-1, when most working people are on their lunch break and trying to run errands.

I waited in line at Wal-Mart for 25 minutes while an old lady (definatly not of working age) bought cat food, changed her mind, bought it again, forgot her coupon, tried to beg the cashier to give her the coupon discount anyway, searched for exact change, gave up, and then filled out a check for $3.19 while she had a $10 bill in her hand. This wasn't the first time something like this has happened to me. It always happens at the post office...at 12pm there is a line of about 40 people, 80% of whom are 'older' and clogging the line, and if I go at say, 4pm, there is no line whatsoever.

When this happens I always want to say, "Excuse me, but could you let me go ahead of you so I can get back to work  so you can get your social security check?"

Sorry, just venting.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2003, 09:07 PM »
Twist ties in Star Wars packaging piss me off (click here for more info).
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2003, 05:53 AM »
THE HEAT...   >:(   :'(  It's killin' me, I tell ya'!  At 32 years of age, I have very little energy as it is, but the heat sucks out any remaining zest for life that I have the moment I step out into it...

It's pretty much been between 95 and 105 degrees here in the Valley in L.A. for at least 3 straight weeks now.  Please go away heat.  I'm begging you.  Or at least bring along a little breeze or sumthin'.  I can handle 80's, and even low 90's on occasion, but this crap is getting utterly ridiculous!  100x worse when my car's air conditioning is on the fritz!   >:(

And after listening to the happy go lucky fool behind the Star Traders cash register for half an hour tonight, I must add OBNOXIOUS CASHIERS to my list now as well.  This guy just NEVER shut up!  He had this deep, low, booming voice, and went on and on just as if he was a radio DJ/MC.  He pretty much gave me a play by play on all 3 of my Star Tours droids transactions that he rang up.  I almost yelled at him to just SHUT THE HELL UP, but fortunately refrained myself.  Didn't want to scare the bajeezus out of all the little kiddies running around nearby.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 05:59 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2003, 02:26 PM »
The bloody Postal system. I just reveived a parcel from NJ mailed on June 20 Air Mail. It took 4 weeks to get here. Customs never opened it & thats just fine by me.  ;)
Just that it took sooooooooooooooooooooo long to get here.  >:(

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2003, 01:00 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how annoying it is when people pronounce the word "et cetera" as "eck cetera" or say "anyways" instead of "anyway."    
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2003, 01:43 AM »
...or say "anyways" instead of "anyway."

That's funny that you should mention that.  I graduated from college with a B.A. in Journalism (TV Broadcast), but haven't found squat of a job in that.  Anyway (no pun intended), we used to have to type news stories and reports all the time.  If we were to spell or even say the word "anyways," we would automatically get an 'F' for the day.  So, ever since then (1996 when I graduated) I have never said "anyways."

One other phrase that is spelled wrong all the time is "alot."  It's not one word... it's TWO words and is spelled "a lot."  Get it right people!  
dustrho

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2003, 04:35 AM »
I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but it pisses me off when people purposely crumple up bubbles on figures at stores.  I know someone is doing it on purpose.    >:( >:(
Pimp-Jedi.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2003, 08:47 AM »
The bloody Postal system. I just reveived a parcel from NJ mailed on June 20 Air Mail. It took 4 weeks to get here. Customs never opened it & thats just fine by me.  ;)

I agree, a certain "dancing R2" sent me a package on July 2nd only a few provinces over in the same country and it still hasn't arrived!!  ;)

lol You know I am just teasing you Dale!  :D

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2003, 10:19 AM »

I agree, a certain "dancing R2" sent me a package on July 2nd only a few provinces over in the same country and it still hasn't arrived!!  ;)

lol You know I am just teasing you Dale!  :D

Scott

To the Post Office I go.  ;)  Man am I pissed!  >:(

They lost a Money Order from me last year that I sent across the city. He should have had it in 3 days max but nooooooo!
Claim went in & I got reimbursed.  :)

Hopefully this can be resolved.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2003, 12:32 PM »
I hear you on that one man.

Last year I sold a cell phone to one guy, shipped it COD, and paid extra for signature.

$%^&#ing mailman just drops it off, and doesn't pick up the $200!!!

Luckly the buyer was honest and told me, otherwise I would have had a hell of a time to sort it all out!!

And no worries on our deal Dale, I am sure it will all work out eventually. ;-)

Scott :)
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2003, 01:00 PM »
Here's my contribution:
As a helpdesk agent:
1 - users who cause the problem then get mad at me for what it'll take to fix it.
2 - USers who DON't  know anything about what they did or their system.
3 - Users who start off saying how 'computer illiterate' they are THEN want a five page dissertation on what the problem is.
4 - Losing your job as a cost cutting move as the company outsources your dept to a foreign country  >:(

In regular life:
1- slow people at walmart who stand and stare at the shelves.
2 - Slower then ME drivers and speed demons who tailgate when I CAN'T go any faster due to traffic.
3 - Conceited people and equally ignorant people.
4 - People who malign all christian people for the sins of a few bad examples. No one is perfrect.
5 - Foriengers who take american jobs and american companies who give away jobs to foreigners.
6 - Telemarkerters - we hate you, get another job!
7 - The mindless buying sheep who buy for brand instead of quality.

that's all for now  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2003, 07:27 AM »
Edited for TV movies.  I was watching Dumb and Dumber yesterday on TBS and so much was cut out.  They can show Harry getting shot multiple times but not him taking a dump?  (One of the best scenes in the movie.  What can I say, I love toilet (no pun intended) humor ;))

When TV channels shrink the credits and show a commercial that was played five thousand during the movie instead of the full credits.  I was watching 10 Things I Hate About You (a guilty pleasure).  I love the version of Cheap Trick's I Want you to Want me
played by Letters to Cleo at the end of the movie, but USA decides to shrink it and show an ad for Dead Zone.  And its not like the song is played over the credits on a black screen.  The band is playing on top of the high school.  In my view, its part of the movie.  Don't cut it out.

You know, maybe I should just go out and buy both movies on dvd and not worry about.
Common sense isn't so common