Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242070 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #630 on: April 5, 2006, 06:30 AM »
Cross-dressers.  >:(

Dressel

Elaborate please.  :o
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 6, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Have to rant a little bit, as some ******* Mexican (it's hard not to use the racist term right now, lol) backed into my car as I was backing out. I looked both ways, and it was 100% clear, and I have my friend as a witness to this. Suddenly I hear a wierd sound, like dropping a Rubbermaid case on the ground. This gangster mexican gets out of a jeep and starts harassing me and getting in my face about paying for his rims, and how I need to learn to drive. I was scared that he may had a knife or something, so I told him to back off, calm down, and that it was clear when I was backing up, so it was his fault if he wanted to try and do something. He left in a rage. Luckily my car is ok, except for a giant grease mark on the back right. I guess I hit his tire.

Now I know why insurance is so high, because of ******** like him! >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 6, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Mr. Rogers...
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 6, 2006, 06:50 PM »
One thing that pisses me off is when I'm sitting with my family in church, and 30 minutes into the mass, a 12,000 member family walks over, and instead of sitting in the 5-6 completley empty pews near us, they choose to site in our pew. First, if you're going to be 30 minutes late to mass, don't come at all, and second, there are 10 empty pews around us. USE THEM.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 8, 2006, 04:16 AM »
I think my biggest pet peeves are -

(1) Negative people
(2) People who constantly complain/criticize others without offering ideas
(3) Lazy people who don't want to work, and want the government to take care of them
(4) Media bias
(5) Traffic jams
(6) Insomnia

:)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 04:21 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 8, 2006, 04:19 AM »
Currently? My local National Weather Service's radar appearing as "unavailable". Of course, the timing is perfect, considering that the severe weather has just blown in.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Something that bothers me way more than simple spelling errors are people that can't seem to discern the differences between homophones.  For example:

they're/their/there
to/too/two
our/are
you're/your

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting, but those seem to be the most common.

And then there's this:

"could of" instead of "could have"
"would of" instead of "would have"
"should of" instead of "should have"

"I should of gone to the park yesterday."  THINK ABOUT THIS, PEOPLE.  "SHOULD OF" DOES NOT MAKE ANY ******* SENSE.

I don't know if the people who use this horrible grammar are doing so out of sheer laziness, or if they're just uneducated, but either way, it makes them look like morons.

Ah, the things that spellcheck doesn't catch. . .

Let's see if I can put my money where my mouth is:

The Commonly Confused Words Test

Results:

English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 80% Expert!

You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Anyone else want to try?

Matt Birchall, English Genius

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2006, 12:57 AM »
No surprise to me:

Advanced
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 53% Expert! 

You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2006, 01:25 AM »
One thing that pisses me off is when I'm sitting with my family in church, and 30 minutes into the mass, a 12,000 member family walks over, and instead of sitting in the 5-6 completley empty pews near us, they choose to site in our pew. First, if you're going to be 30 minutes late to mass, don't come at all, and second, there are 10 empty pews around us. USE THEM.

My parents visited a Church for Mass once while on vacation.  They sat in a random row in the back of the Church.  In walks an old woman.  She stood there, beside the pew, silent, and waited until my parents got up and moved to a different pew.  She didn't even look at them... just stood there in the aisle and waited.  I guess they sat in the same seat she's been in for years.   ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2006, 08:09 AM »
Advanced
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 66% Expert! 
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Hmmm, I had hoped to score better in the Expert category since its one of my Pet Peeves.  My newspaper man father will get a chuckle out of my score.... ::)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 24, 2006, 10:39 AM »
English Genius
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 86% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

That "86% Expert" threw me until I looked at the answer key...different point amounts for different answers (still seems like it doesn't calculate, though). My one "wrong" answer was the while, awhile, for a while choice. I think I still have it burned into my brain that "all of the above" is not a correct answer...ever.

It helps that my job involves finding other people's mistakes.

I is a editor.  :P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 24, 2006, 11:44 AM »
LOL--I missed the easy ones, but was impressed with my expert score, I got:

You scored 78% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 86% Advanced, and 86% Expert! 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 24, 2006, 12:04 PM »
Cool test, thanks MWB:

English Genius
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 93% Expert! 

Sadly it doesn't indicate where my errors were.  I'd have liked to know where they were so that I could correct them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 24, 2006, 01:37 PM »
that bothered me about the test too. How else can we learn? Nice scores Brent...interestingly same comment line as mine..makes me wonder if I picked all the wrong answers if it still says that comment.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 24, 2006, 02:59 PM »
My results:

You scored 71% Beginner, 57% Intermediate, 60% Advanced, and 46% Expert! 

This score does not reflect an inability to converse intelligibly, but it does, however, reflect your inability to determine the proper spelling and/or uses of many commonly confused words of the English language. There is no reason to feel bad though. They are commonly confused, so you're not the only one! 

****. I bombed.