Well I'll start an argument, I like doing that.
The drive-thru is a manifestation of fast food. Key words: Fast Food
. That means you're supposed to get in there in the line, order your food, pay for it, pick it up and get a move on.
In my utopic view of the world, that definition includes but is not limited to:
1. You aren't allowed to look at the menu for more than 30 seconds and that's pushing it. If your mental capacity is so minimal you can't recall what's on the menu at the fast food places, go inside and look at your leisure. Get the **** out of my way.
2. You aren't allowed to ask what comes in a meal at the order window or speaker box. If you're too stupid to know it's fries and a drink by default, go inside. Yes, many places offer options, familiarize yourself before ******* up the rest of us in a hurry. Don't ask the staff questions, you're lucky if they're marginally conscious.
3. Do not give out food in the line. Get your food, move your ass. Simple enough, isn't it? Your kids will wait without perishing. It might do them some good to not get everything they ask for immediately for a change. Hell, they might learn the world wasn't created to respond to their every beck and call. That real world **** that'll kick them in the balls stuff that comes after high school, y'know? If a minute isn't a conern to you, get the **** out of the drive through lane and go inside, you're in no hurry, I am.
4. Expect them to **** up your order. These are a bunch of kids that have been told they're great and equal and have never been challenged in their life. They're apathetic and apoplectic at the thought of actually having to do something for money. They are, quite frankly, in a state of shock, because they deserve
something better even though they have no skills, no real aptitude, no experience. But they are entitled, just ask them.
5. No special orders. I'd much prefer a quarter pounder without
cheese, but y'know what? That's a special order and will bung up everything for me and everyone behind me. Suck it up or go inside. Consideration people, think about it. While you're at it, the stick on your steering column is called a signal light. You won't need it in the drive through line, but try it later, just for ***** and giggles.
6. The food sucks. You know this, expect it. This is not high quality food, it's marginal at best. It's called fast food and could be called crap food but for the negative connotations. You're not eating well and you're likely to gain weight. Realize this. At the same time, don't believe bull**** like Supersize Me
. If you eat 5000 calories a day at Subway your ass will be huge as well and you'll probably want to vomit all over Jared (the one at Subway, not here). Yeah, the fat content might end up being lower, but your sorrry ass is going to get gigantic.
7. Summary. Fast food. Think about what it says. If you're not in a hurry, get the **** out of the line.