Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242003 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #885 on: July 27, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Chlamydia.

>:(
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #886 on: July 28, 2008, 12:26 PM »
People Using AIMBots in Clan wars. >:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GskHclofwbY

I played a clan match last night, and they all used this, They could dash from one side of the map to the other without stopping. The Bot gives them Perfect accuracy, and unlimited stamina, and no fall damage. Needless to say we got detroyed by those aimbotters. CombatArms was an awesome FPS until this came out. Now Clan wars is Impossible.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 29, 2008, 10:13 AM »
People Using AIMBots in Clan wars. >:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GskHclofwbY

I played a clan match last night, and they all used this, They could dash from one side of the map to the other without stopping. The Bot gives them Perfect accuracy, and unlimited stamina, and no fall damage. Needless to say we got detroyed by those aimbotters. CombatArms was an awesome FPS until this came out. Now Clan wars is Impossible.

I feel the same way about people using word generators when playing scrabulous (scrabble) online. 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 30, 2008, 09:50 PM »
People who play online games. 

Mainly because I have no time to play online games anymore.   :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #889 on: July 31, 2008, 03:45 PM »

I feel the same way about people using word generators when playing scrabulous (scrabble) online. 

Do tell. I like playing scrabble every now and then.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #890 on: August 25, 2008, 01:59 PM »
. . .When you're listening to the radio and hear the intro to "Werewolves of London," only to realize a few moments later that it's actually just Kid Rock's latest "hit single."  Not only did he rip off that classic Warren Zevon song, but then he had to take it and mash it up with the most-overrated, over-played song in the history of popular music, "Sweet Home Alabama," which is already on the radio all the time anyway.  And then, on top of all that, it's Kid Rock, which in and of itself is enough to warrant posting.  So that's what annoyed me the other day.

And, while we're on the subject, how about terrestrial radio in general?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:02 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #891 on: August 25, 2008, 03:44 PM »
couldn't you have just said "Kid Rock" and be done with it?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #892 on: August 25, 2008, 05:42 PM »
couldn't you have just said "Kid Rock" and be done with it?

I could have, but then I wouldn't have been able to mention "Werewolves of London," and the world needs more songs like "Werewolves of London."

Just not this much like "Werewolves of London."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:55 PM by Matt »

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #893 on: August 26, 2008, 08:07 PM »
hmm. good point.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 26, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I hate jackasses that walk in circles at work that stare at everything that moves while talking on their cells.  Even in the bathrooms - while doing business just standing bye.  Give me a break.  Pisses me off.  I've been without a cell for a few years by choice, so I guess I miss the fun of it all.   ::)    I basically hate/dislike anybody that stares, but I guess it's a warrent of passage while speaking on a cell because "you're important" and you have the right to stare someone down from head to foot.         meh..

Oh ya - Kid Rock sucks too.  He's even on the easy listening channel now.  Thanks for ruining a bunch of classics for me.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 8, 2008, 09:26 PM »
Got behind some redneck ******bag in the mall parking lot the other night who (first annoyance) was driving this HUGE assed Dodge pickup truck that was so chromed and polished that it had obviously never done the kind of work that would justify a truck that huge....but that's a minor annoyance.

The think that royally pissed me off was the enormous sticker in the back window that said "I'd Rather Be Cummin Than Strokin".  I was sure it had to be referring to something in redneck pop culture, but I had to look the phrase up online, being that I'm not a redneck ******bag and couldn't fathom what it could be referencing.  Turns out that Dodges use a Cummins deisel engine, and Fords use a Powerstroke.  Hence the redneck ******bag brand loyalty.

This is way beyond even the trashiness of truck-nutz.  I can't understand why he wouldn't be pulled over for indecency.  I swear if I see it again in public I'm going to take a hammer to the rear windshield and toss a note in that says "I'd rather break your window than have to have my kids read your dumbassed sticker."
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 9, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I was at the mall over the weekend and someone "special" had parked his Aston Martin in the beginning of the firelane, next to the last parking spot.  Now I get that you make a lot of money and can afford an AM, but why you don't have to park in a normal spot like everyone else....  Some complaint about all the idiots who either sit right in front of the doors to a store while their spouse shops for like a half hour, or they themselves "just run in for a second"...  I think if a car is parked illegally for more than 30 seconds it should be legal to dent the fenders.

That and when the normal flow of traffic is 70 mph+, but when it rains everyone goes 50mph.  Its really not raining that hard, and if you are having trouble, move to the right, don't just sit in the left lane going 50 in a 55!
I am not the Stig

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 22, 2008, 03:55 PM »
On our way home from visiting my Wife's grandmother yesterday, we pulled into a convenience store to pick up a couple things.  They didn't have what I needed, so I just grabbed a bottle of water for my Wife who had waited in the car.  As I'm standing at the counter, literally 2 feet from the counter, another customer steps in front of me and sets his arm load of items on the counter, without saying "excuse me", or "I'm just going to set this down", right in front of where I'm standing, not on any other part of the big counter that wraps around (like 20 feet of counter space), so I say "Excuse me", no response, "Excuse me, sir!", the guy half turns and walks back towards the rest of the store past me, announcing that he wasn't "cutting", saying that I don't need to call him "sir" (I didn't realize that was no longer a polite term for an adult man you don't know...).  The clerk, who had just gotten to the register, sheepishly apologized about the people that come in sometimes.  I guess I won't be going back to that store.  Did I miss something and its ok to set something in front of someone who is already at the register without saying anything to them, wouldn't it be better to say, I'm just setting this down, or put it over to the side.....
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 22, 2008, 05:28 PM »
On our way home from visiting my Wife's grandmother yesterday, we pulled into a convenience store to pick up a couple things.  They didn't have what I needed, so I just grabbed a bottle of water for my Wife who had waited in the car.  As I'm standing at the counter, literally 2 feet from the counter, another customer steps in front of me and sets his arm load of items on the counter, without saying "excuse me", or "I'm just going to set this down", right in front of where I'm standing, not on any other part of the big counter that wraps around (like 20 feet of counter space), so I say "Excuse me", no response, "Excuse me, sir!", the guy half turns and walks back towards the rest of the store past me, announcing that he wasn't "cutting", saying that I don't need to call him "sir" (I didn't realize that was no longer a polite term for an adult man you don't know...).  The clerk, who had just gotten to the register, sheepishly apologized about the people that come in sometimes.  I guess I won't be going back to that store.  Did I miss something and its ok to set something in front of someone who is already at the register without saying anything to them, wouldn't it be better to say, I'm just setting this down, or put it over to the side.....

I'd like to know what the guy was buying that was either so heavy or so bulky that he had to set it down anyway.  Seriously, has anyone ever bought so much stuff a C-store that you had to set it down?  "Stang, this 16oz soda and box of candy are too heavy to hold on to for the 90 seconds I'll be in line!"

Ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 22, 2008, 07:07 PM »
announcing that he wasn't "cutting", saying that I don't need to call him "sir" (I didn't realize that was no longer a polite term for an adult man you don't know...). 

next time just call him A@#HOLE and be done with it.  ;)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge