Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241981 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #975 on: June 7, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Coworkers (I've noticed this with only the females) who use the microwave to heat things and put way too much time only to stop it a few seconds before it stops and not bother to clear the time for the next user. Couldn't the person just wait 3 seconds, or adjust there time so that it's exactly what they need.

I'm soooo guilty of that, but I do clear the clock when I'm done.  We've got six microwaves, but 12-12:30 seems to be a popular lunch time for some reason.  3:40 for 1:20 everyday.  Ever have someone take your dish out of the microwave if you're not waiting - watching?  Total slap in the face.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 8, 2009, 10:49 AM »
The issue I've run into lately is when someone puts something in to microwave and wanders off, so when their food is done heating/cooking, they aren't around.  I'm sure that's not what iFett was talking about (when people stop your food because you aren't guarding it), but its annoying that apparently your time is more valuable and you don't have to be considerate, or that you are ok with other people touching your food (kinda gross).
I am not the Stig

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 8, 2009, 04:33 PM »
And I also feel it's necessary to mention that heating up anything with a strong or potentially offensive odor (seafood of ALL kinds) in the communal microwave is a big no-no. Nothing worse than the smell of someone's "catch of the week" wafting through the office for 1-2 days.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 8, 2009, 05:08 PM »
People who walk their dogs and don't clean up after them.

Amen.  Also -- people who keep outdoor cats in an urban area.  We have neighboors who have 3 cats that live outside.  The seem to prefer everyone's yard but their own.  I don't understand why people seem to think it's okay to let their cats have free reign over other people's property while I keep my dog in the house or in our fenced yard.  I'm tired of the little bastards attacking my ankles when I go in the backyard.  They love to torment the dog by hiding in the flower beds and pouncing on him.  Our other neighbors have spoken to them about this (they have indoor cats and the outdoor cats pee on their front stoop and antagonize the indoor cats) and the cat owners don't care.

I think it's time for some cat traps...........

Did I mention that I detest cats?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #979 on: June 8, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Did I mention that I detest cats?

Cats can be real ********... we've always had a cat, but all of ours have been "home boys"... too many wild animals out here, coyotes and whatnot, for a cat to last long if it doesn't stay near the house.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 8, 2009, 06:51 PM »
People who walk their dogs and don't clean up after them.

Guilty. Although I always have my dog do his business in the park, where nobody walks.

On the subject of cats, there appears to be some wild cats in my neighborhood as well, every time I walk outside our front porch reeks of cat piss. I've yet to find the culprits.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2009, 03:53 AM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 8, 2009, 07:53 PM »
I took in an outdoor cat for a brief period, but kept him outside as my parents were allergic. He got in scuffles with other cats at least once a week. I gave him to neighbors that could keep him inside, as I didn't want him to end up dead.

And on the subject of wild cats, there is a pack of cats that roams around my school. It's rather sketchy to see a cat bolt accross the sidewalk while walking to class.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #982 on: June 20, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Stubbing half your foot on the footstool and then falling on the floor with your freshly served dinner plate in hand.

Obviously, I did this tonight and it took every bit of self-control to keep from throwing the goddamn thing through the living room window. As a bonus, I think I broke my toe as I can't even look at it without it throbbing and it looks to be nearly twice the width of the others.

Oh, and I don't have any beer so now I'm really pissed.  >:(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 11:32 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 20, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Oh, and I don't have any beer so now I'm really pissed.  >:(

Justifiable homicide. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 14, 2009, 04:33 PM »
Pissy ass co-workers.   >:(

Life is stressful enough without having to deal with their **** too.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #985 on: August 15, 2009, 02:58 PM »

"Guilty. Although I always have my dog do his business in the park, where nobody walks. "

People don't walk there becuase it's covered in dog crap!  =)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:59 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 16, 2009, 12:01 AM »
WAL-MART.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 3, 2009, 12:54 PM »
People that post on forums hinting that they have news but can't post it for reasons ranging from they truly don't know **** to it's some type of "insider" information.  If you know something, just post it but if you can't tell for some valid reason, don't drop hints about knowing just to get your ego stroked.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #988 on: February 5, 2010, 02:40 PM »
A woman, talking on a cell phone, driving a car.

I don't know if this belongs more here, or if I should just start up a "Things that frighten the ever-living **** out of you" thread.

QMFMFT.  (Quoting myself for ************* truth.)

I'd also like to go ahead and add "airbag deployment smell" to the list of annoyances.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 02:48 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #989 on: February 5, 2010, 03:17 PM »
People who are Fast Food Ordering Morons is my new pet peeve.  Me and a CoWorker went to Subway yesterday, I swear it was the lady in front of me's first time to the joint.  It took her 5 minutes to order her damn sandwhich...THEN she gets to the end of the line and says, oh I need 3 more sandwhiches.  I just about Colmaned her right then and there

QMFMFT

Seriously...how many ******* people have never been to Subway before.  I could order a ******* sandwhich in my sleep...it is not that ******* hard.  I waited behind a lady yesterday that had to be told 4 times they don't have Swiss cheese ::)

PS...Hope you are OK Virex :-\