Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243158 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #990 on: February 5, 2010, 03:32 PM »
Its about 4:30, so there are a lot of other cars on the road and we're on one of the main roads thru town.  There are two lanes going each way, plus a center turn lane and its a 40.  I'm in the left lane and we're approaching a car sitting in the turn lane waiting to turn left across traffic (there are a bunch of lights, so this person will get to turn in a minute or so anyway..), the car in front of me comes to a dead stop from 40 to let the other car (without the right of way) turn left, but since its two lanes each way, we had to wait for someone in the left lane also to come to a stop.

Seriously?  Who taught you to drive that you have to yield the right of way to every car that is attempting to make a turn anywhere?  Do you stop at green lights to allow the cars stopped at the red lights to go through also?
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #991 on: February 5, 2010, 03:52 PM »
PS...Hope you are OK Virex :-\

Thanks, man.  I'm okay, just pissed.  But what else is new.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #992 on: February 5, 2010, 03:56 PM »
They're trying to push through cell laws here and the local news went out and found asshats with phones glued to their ears openly arguing that they can text (not just talk, but yes, text) and drive so they didn't see a need for a law, and that it would be easy for them to argue against charges anyway.

And yeah, hope you're doing ok man.  Did you freak out on her after the accident?  I would have.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 5, 2010, 04:13 PM »
QWMMFT, lady!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 5, 2010, 04:34 PM »
They're trying to push through cell laws here and the local news went out and found asshats with phones glued to their ears openly arguing that they can text (not just talk, but yes, text) and drive so they didn't see a need for a law, and that it would be easy for them to argue against charges anyway.

That law is in place here now for all the good it does.  People still talking and texting like mad.  I think the only real reason is that AFTER the accident they can subpoena records and it becomes a clear cut case of fault. 

People are idiots, where's the surprise?  Sorry to hear Virex (prick).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #995 on: February 5, 2010, 05:55 PM »
And yeah, hope you're doing ok man.  Did you freak out on her after the accident?  I would have.

Naw, dude.  Being in somewhat of a state of shock as I exited what remained of my automobile, I was totally silent until she asked me if I was okay.  Then I whipped out my phone, pulled up my post in this thread from over a year ago, and had her read the part where I wrote that women talking on the phone while behind the wheel frighten the ever-living **** out of me.

Then I turned around and showed her the proof.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 05:58 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 5, 2010, 06:05 PM »
It's about time this thread got revived.  I miss reading about other people's problems.

Sorry to hear about your mess though Matt.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 5, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Matt - glad to hear you're okay.  I can't even count the number of close calls I've seen with people chatting on their dumb phones.  It's a nice time saver I guess, until you get in an accident or kill someone. 

My latest pet peeve is sick kids.  We were all set to drive back to Madison this morning to visit Grandma.  We packed and loaded the van the night before and were on the road by 8:30 this morning.  However, my son had a rash that got worse over night, so we hit the doctor's office on the way out.  Of course, he has strep throat, so we had to go get prescription and then head back home.  SO we wasted all that time packing and loading and unloading and unpacking, AND my son feels like crap on top of it all. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #998 on: February 5, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Thanks, fellas.  Funny, we had a big ice/snow storm that came through last week, and as my car is (was?) absolute garbage in that stuff, I kept the driving to a bare minimum in fear of wrecking it.  Today the sun's out for the first time in a week, melting all the crap off the road, and now I get in the wreck.  Fantastic.

And, on top of all this, a couple weeks ago, someone stole my goddamn license plate.  For real.  Last night I spent twenty minutes putting anti-theft fasteners on the new one.

All in all I'd say, for me, automobile-wise, 2010 is off to a. . . smashing. . . start.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #999 on: February 5, 2010, 10:58 PM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1000 on: February 5, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Haha, no.  I've considered the Accord, but I hear I can get a killer deal on a pre-owned Toyota right now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1001 on: February 18, 2010, 09:21 PM »

C-3PO...Not...C-3P0

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1002 on: February 19, 2010, 08:18 AM »
Hey... I've had some pretty decent eBay scores on account of C-3P0!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1003 on: February 19, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Hey... I've had some pretty decent eBay scores on account of C-3P0!
Media Member D Martin's eBay Auctions???
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:09 AM by Scott »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1004 on: February 19, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Ah, now that's pretty bad.  You'd think a professional Internet reporter wouldn't make that mistake.  But then even the Sideshow site has it wrong:

C-3P0
RAH
12 inch Figure
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj