Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241959 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1005 on: March 1, 2010, 03:27 PM »
The volume of stolen merchandise from Walmart.  Everytime I'm there I find a completely empty package of one type or another.  I'm frustrated that people steal the stuff in the first place, but also that Walmart does nothing to motivate their staff to do anything about it.  You bring it to their attention and they just put the stuff back on the shelf.

Also people who plow/snowblow/shovel their driveway out into the street instead of their lawn.
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 6, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Tailgaters   >:(

I've been lightly rear-ended three times in the past two months by little Hondas and Toyotas.  No injuries to anyone or damage to my truck so far, but seriously!?  Never been rear-ended in my life until the start of last month.  Went out and bought a hitch and ball to try and deter the tailgaters and their evil tailgating ways.   >:D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 7, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Tailgaters   >:(

I've been lightly rear-ended three times in the past two months by little Hondas and Toyotas.  No injuries to anyone or damage to my truck so far, but seriously!?  Never been rear-ended in my life until the start of last month.  Went out and bought a hitch and ball to try and deter the tailgaters and their evil tailgating ways.   >:D

Years ago I had a Jeep Cherokee that had a hole in the supply hose for the rear windsheild washer.  When I activated the rear wash, it shot a stream of soapy water in a straight line behind me.  Great for tailgaters....felt like James Bond.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 7, 2010, 08:03 PM »
1. When you always come across something you DON'T need, but when you DO need it, it's NOT friggin' there anymore!! >:( Happens all the time!

2. When I buy a comic in perfect shape (no creases, no tears, no wear), and then the cashier proceeds to smash it against the counter, roll it up, and then place it in the bag, handing me a very not-so-nice-looking comic.

3. People that are about to let their dog use your house as a nice, shiny toilet, but when they see that you so happen to be at the foot of the stairs or exiting the front door, they quickly yank the leash (nearly strangling the poor dog to death) and proceed to casually walk away.

4. When you're talking to Person A and having a good conversation and someone walks right up to Person A and decides to start their own conversation with Person A and leaves you out of it. ::)

5. When you're at a store approaching the toy aisle (or any aisle, for that matter, although it mainly happens in the action figure section) and someone's already there, and they refuse to move themselves or their cart and proceed to block you out from taking a look at whatever you want to look at.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2010, 08:11 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 7, 2010, 11:59 PM »
When you buy a figure online that you never saw in the stores and then you suddenly see it everywhere. (for less)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 19, 2010, 09:22 AM »
Elevator etiquette, or lack thereof.

Case in point:

The building I work in has a cafeteria on the first floor and then a handful of floors above it.  There are three elevators (two can accomidate about 6 people, while the other can handle about 12-15). 

I arrive at work this morning and the large elevator is just opening, the first person to get on is carrying their breakfast in both hands (cup of coffee & a plate full of something...), and there about four other people getting on as well.

The first person on is only going up one floor (annoying on its own, but whatever).  They manage with some difficulty, to hit the button for their floor (their hands are full remember, and they could have asked any of the 4 people waiting to get on, who have free hands, to push the button for them, but instead they block the doorway while they struggle to extend one finger....).

Then 'breakfast hands' decides to stand less than 6 inches from the elevator buttons....  You are the first person on and you are going to block all the buttons?  So instead of trying to squeeze by to push the button for my floor, I simply ask: "Could you hit 5, please?".  No response.  Instead 'breakfast hands' moves away from the buttons....  I hear a voice behind me comment, "I guess that's a 'No.'"

Seriously are elevators that complex?  Let the people get out first.  Then move all the way on.  If the elevator is even partly full and you can't reach the buttons, ask for someone to hit the button for your floor.  If you can't hit the buttons, don't stand so close to the buttons that no one else can reach.
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 19, 2010, 09:40 AM »
Um, did it occur to you that you could offer to push the button for that person right away, making the need for them to be anywhere near a button obsolete?  Maybe it all happened too fast for that.  I rarely hear people ask for help with something like that because they are too shy or don't want to bother others.  I often hold the door and ask others what floor they want to help avoid situations just like that.

My pet peeve for the day is Target/Hasbro and the complete lack of any SW product for what seems like about 4 months now.  Just ridiculous that they have this stuff sitting in their distribution centers, but won't send it out to stores.  I don't care if it's Hasbro wanting to enforce a street date or Target's inability to reset their pegs in time...I'm pissy about them both.  >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 19, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Um, did it occur to you that you could offer to push the button for that person right away, making the need for them to be anywhere near a button obsolete?  Maybe it all happened too fast for that.  I rarely hear people ask for help with something like that because they are too shy or don't want to bother others.  I often hold the door and ask others what floor they want to help avoid situations just like that.

I do the same thing, if I'm the first one on, today I was 5th.  I'll frequently hit the button for my floor and ask people where they are headed, or I continue further into the elevator to make room for others.  But I can't offer to help someone when they are first on the elevator and have successfully blocked the entire doorway to the elevator (still not sure how one person managed to block a space 6 feet across, but it happened).  I don't know if its because our building is currently occupied by only a single company (or collectively we're very lazy and most people have gotten pretty good at elevator etiquette), but I regularly hear people asking others to press the button for a certain floor for them.

My point is what happened today was remarkable for how the elevator experience typically goes, and that is annoying.
I am not the Stig

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 19, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Friends that borrow things and never return them to the point that you forget who borrowed said item or that you have to ask them to return it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 19, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Friends that borrow things and never return them to the point that you forget who borrowed said item or that you have to ask them to return it.

Well, amen to that.  My wife ALWAYS loans out our DVDs to people (4 more this weekend to a friend) and I feel like we never get them back.   >:(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 19, 2010, 03:21 PM »
I told my wife that the library is now closed for lending. If someone wants to borrow something that badly, I'm taking a security deposit to cover the cost of replacement. So far I'm down 3 DVDs (one being Russian and expensive as hell to replace), and 2 BSG Season companions.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 19, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Cripes Steve, I told you I would get your BSG discs back as soon as I'm done with them. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 19, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Cripes Steve, I told you I would get your BSG discs back as soon as I'm done with them. 

;D

Actually, the companions are the books that go along with the seasons.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 19, 2010, 03:36 PM »
I quit loaning out parts of my library years ago.  I know that Constantine and a few others are still floating around out there that I'll never see again.  Doesn't matter if it was a friend or family member - I'd always get the discs back (inevitably) with scratches and liquid/food particles caked on.  Do people still really use these things for coasters or frisbees?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 19, 2010, 06:40 PM »
People who make up lies and force you into situations where you come out looking like the bad guy no matter what.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks