Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241975 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1020 on: July 19, 2010, 11:26 PM »
People who make up lies and force you into situations where you come out looking like the bad guy no matter what.

Have you stopped beating your wife?
« Last Edit: March 1, 2011, 06:05 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 1, 2011, 05:16 PM »
For the second time today I have encountered someone in the men's room relieving themselves with one hand and playing with their smart phone in the other.  You seriously can't wait?  Come on people.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1022 on: March 1, 2011, 07:32 PM »
People who brake on black ice without a lick of traffic anywhere in sight in front of them.  Just a line behind them.   ::)  ******' morons.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 2, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I don't know if this qualifies as Pet Peeve because I hope to God it was a once in a lifetime experience but here it is:  People who take pictures at a funeral  :o.  We went to the prayers and funeral for a friend's 13 year old son on Saturday.  The church was packed so we had to sit in the reception hall where the family was recieving visitors.  There was a live video feed and chairs set up.  The lady in front us of - who was sitting in the front row - kept taking snapshots of the crying family as they were hugging people in the recieving line.  Then she took pictures of the funeral on the screen.  She even took some when they brought the casket out of the church and some at the grave sight when the family was falling apart.  I think everyone was too appalled and upset about the day to say anything to her.  I can't even begin to think of a good reason to take pictures in that situation.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1024 on: March 2, 2011, 12:19 PM »
I can't even begin to think of a good reason to take pictures in that situation.

Uh...  my grandma asked me to take pictures before my grandpa's funeral.  She asked me to take pics of him, the coffin, the gravesite, the flowers, etc.  She wanted the pictures so that she would be able to remember, even if (when) she couldn't remember anymore.  :-\ 

We didn't take pics during the actual funeral mass, but we ended up taking quite a few for her at the wake - family and friends she hadn't seen in a long time and that sort of thing.  One lady did chastise me for my horrible lack of manners taking pictures during such a personal affair.  It was fun - little old church lady bitching me out because I was doing what my grandmother, the grieving widow of the funeral, asked me to do. :P

It was really hard at the time to stop and take those pics, but I know that she appreciated it.  It was like she knew then that even though it was going to be hard/awkward to take the pictures, she'd appreciate having them after it was all over and some time had gone by...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 2, 2011, 12:38 PM »
That makes sense in that situation.  I am not making light of your grandmother's/family's grief by any means.  This child died as a result of a firearm accident in the home.  His mother found him.  The parents were beyond grief striken.  The mother was falling apart.  I just found it hard to imagine that she would have asked someone to take pictures of her wailing at the gravesite and in the receiving line while her father and her husband held her up.  I could understand someone taking a few snapshots at the family's request, or for a family member who was unable to attend.  It just seemed to me, at least, that this was a bit much.  She kept taking pictures of the mother - not the people who attended.  It just made me feel uncomfortable for the family - they were already on display during such a horrible time.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 3, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Calling pet hates, pet peeves.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 3, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Pet peeve is exactly as above - pet hates not pet peeves.

Who gets peeved - such a dumb yank term.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1028 on: March 3, 2011, 11:31 PM »
I dunno, I don't consider Peeves and "Hate" the same... 

I think "Things that piss you off!" covers the hate aspect of the thread...  Peeves are probably more closely akin to an annoyance.  They have different tones though, in my mind anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 3, 2011, 11:33 PM »
I dunno, I don't consider Peeves and "Hate" the same... 

I think "Things that piss you off!" covers the hate aspect of the thread...  Peeves are probably more closely akin to an annoyance.  They have different tones though, in my mind anyway.

Oh well if a peeve is an annoyance and not something to be hated - I know exactly what one of mine is.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 9, 2011, 04:02 PM »
In general, I hate when a waiter doesn't believe me, or hassels me, if i ask for food to be spicy.  As in, I order buffalo wings...with the hottest sauce on the menu...and I get "are you sure?  that's really hot..oooooooookkkkkkk."

But today...TODAY...I went to a new Thai place, craving spicy.  Waiter asked me how hot i wanted it, and I said "do your worse...the hottest you can make it."  So he brings me a dish, that was repectably spicy but not too bad, and then ten minutes later comes by the table and says "Ok...if you liked that then next time you should order our Thai sauce...it's a sauce that's hotter than our Hot and has little peppers in it, but it bothers some people so I just gave you our hottest normal hot."

Dubya.  Tee.  Eff.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1031 on: March 9, 2011, 04:20 PM »
People who are late. I dont understand why people are constantly late.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 9, 2011, 06:09 PM »
I'm always late.  I just can't be bothered to be somewhere when someone else tells me to be there.  Generally, because I don't give a ****.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 10, 2011, 03:08 AM »
Buying a video game and having to wait 30 minutes while the stupid thing 'updates'
WTF
Lost planet2 on the ps3 I waited a good 40 minutes before I got any freakin game time.
Remember when you used to put a game in turn the machine on and play???
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 10, 2011, 08:05 AM »
Remember when you used to put a game in turn the machine on and play???

Not always.  Sometimes you had to blow on it first.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.