Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241429 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1065 on: September 4, 2011, 10:09 AM »
My gripe is sort of Hurricane related, and perhaps is too state specific...  Anyway, in NY, when a traffic light is out the law says you're supposed to treat it like its a stop sign.  Its a pretty simple concept, and kind of just harkens back to before there were stop lights; everyone is careful when they come to an intersection so they don't get plowed into by the idiot coming the other way, right?

Either that or I've been inventing state laws again, because I was the only one stopping on the way to work on Monday..

People don't even stop at stop signs where I live, forget about knowing what to do when a traffic light is out.  I can't even get them to stop passing me over double yellow lines on sidestreets when I'm doing 5 mph over the speed limit.  Like a lot of things in society, I have noticed marked deterioration in the way people treat one another, most notably in the respect department.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 11, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Since it's 9/11's tenth anniversary...I'd say "truthers" and apologists for murderous whackos piss me off. 

If that's too political for this forum, well...I don't care. Delete it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 19, 2012, 11:57 PM »
Not sure if anyone how much I generally loathe the movie going public but it's about to get worse. 

Never mind those that talk incessantly, cannot seem to functionally open a candy wrapper in under ten minutes, hoof the back of your chair or text/talk on their cell phones incessantly.  Nope, all that bull**** isn't bad enough.  Here in Manitoba (Minnesota north) we're about to allow sales of liquor in movie theaters.  Yup, those without inhibitions or internal filters to tell them they are indeed being ******** are about to become even more idiotic.  Who thinks up this ****? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 20, 2012, 04:07 AM »
That ain't gonna be pretty.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1069 on: January 21, 2012, 01:21 AM »
I think you can drink in some theaters here but you have to be in a special section of the theater...  For some reason though I'm thinking I maybe even had a beer at it.  It doesn't really go together though, that's for sure.

Though it's up there with getting piss drunk at a sporting event when you think about it.  Paying all that money to watch a game drunk takes something away from it to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 21, 2012, 08:22 AM »
It really depends on how they do it.  We have a new theater near me that has a bar upstairs.  You can order some bar food and beer or mixed drinks and have them brought into the balcony of the theater.  The thing is, those movie tickets cost $16, so you don't get a lot of riff raff wanting to pay $16 just to have a beer - it's more couples and the like.  They also space out the seats.  You have 2 bigger, comfy lounge chair with a small table between them, then another 4-6 feet of space before you get to another seat.  They have definitely set it up to be more of a dating experience vs. just cramming people in and letting them booze it up.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1071 on: January 21, 2012, 04:53 PM »
That's how it is here too Jman...  Expensive (well, moreso anyway) and separated from the regular theater, and it's more a food/drink/meal type experience while you watch which is still odd, but yeah... That's what I recall of it anyway.  I think I saw ROTS with a beer or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 22, 2012, 02:03 PM »
I caught Puss n Boots with the kids at the Cinema Cafe yesterday.  Not the best food, but that is a fun venue to take the kids too.  It's the one time you don't care if it takes them an hour to eat!  The movie was pretty fun for a kids movie as well - I had low expectations going in.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 22, 2012, 06:06 PM »
I have no beef with my local theatres, but my latest piss off is folk who flick cig butts out their windows...especially when I'm driving behind them.  dicks
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 22, 2012, 06:18 PM »
I have no beef with my local theatres, but my latest piss off is folk who flick cig butts out their windows...especially when I'm driving behind them.  dicks

That always amuses me.  They suck that cancerous **** into their body, but by God, that spent cigarette butt cannot stay in the car. No way.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 22, 2012, 06:33 PM »

That always amuses me.  They suck that cancerous **** into their body, but by God, that spent cigarette butt cannot stay in the car. No way.

Especially when their car is equipped with an ashtray... lazy. Don't want to clean it up.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 22, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Especially when their car is equipped with an ashtray... lazy. Don't want to clean it up.
Not that I condone people ******* cig butts out car windows, but........do newer cars even come equipped with ashtrays?  My '05 Honda CRV doesn't have one and neither does my husband's '04 Ridgeline.  Not that they can't figure out something better that chucking them out the window..........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 22, 2012, 11:51 PM »
If you don't care about yourself or others enough to not light up, then I'm guessing you don't lay awake at night worrying about littering either.  I can't stand it when people throw crap out their window.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1078 on: January 23, 2012, 01:11 AM »
Tracy, a lot of newer cars come with one that fits in a cup holder and is removable and ultimately something peopel often dispose of I think since smoking isn't as big a deal.  My car's only cup holder is actually also an ash tray.  Pretty weird. :)  The space accomodations necessary in its design though kind of omitted many (and convenient) holders and so the one they did include has a little "lid" you flip back and it doubles as an ash tray to boot.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24 PM »
Man, I have one that is driving me nuts the past few weeks: frigging static electricity!

I don't know what it is, but I have been plagued relentlessly lately with getting shocked when I get out of the car. I mean like, EVERY time. Maybe it's new shoes, dry weather, I don't know.

A couple of times it has actually hurt. I've taken to just kicking the car door closed with my foot. But even then, sometimes it still happens when I eventually touch something metal.

I never recall having this problem before, maybe I'm getting more conductive in my old age?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy