Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241432 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1095 on: January 27, 2012, 12:40 PM »
My pet peeve is people that have pet peeves.

So apparently you annoy yourself?

Finally someone that understands me.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 27, 2012, 01:46 PM »
My pet peeve is people that have pet peeves.

So apparently you annoy yourself?

Finally someone that understands me.

:-*
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 14, 2012, 09:03 AM »
This is going to come off as way harsh but I don't care. I lost my wife last year and we lost her mom the year before. I am disgusted by these goofy celebrities who throw their lives away. They think it's a game and don't realize how precious life really is. People like my wife and her mom fought like Hell to stay alive after they got sick only to die anyway and these morons with too much time on their hands would rather kill themselves because they are too self absorbed or whatever. I will never feel sorry for them. And the media can kiss my ass for calling the deaths of these whackjobs a tragedy. A real tragedy is six kids without a mom.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:37 AM by John C »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 20, 2012, 03:28 PM »
John - I am so sorry to hear about your wife and your mother.  I cannot imagine how hard that must be for you and your children.  A friend of mine died two weeks ago from a head injury she sustained when she was kicked by her horse.  I know losing a friend is not nearly the same as losing a spouse or mother - and I don't mean to presume that the loss is felt nearly as deeply- but I kept thinking about how hard it would be on her husband and young son.  A few days after her funeral Whitney Houston died - and I couldn't help but be disgusted at the media coverage and of the pandering about what a tragedy it was.  I wanted to yell out to the world about what a wonderful mother, volunteer, wife, friend, etc. Maria was.  I wanted people to know that her decision to be an organ donor directly saved 6 people's lives the day she died, and also helped numerous infants and young children.  Instead I have to hear about all of these other idiots.  I agree with you there - she had every advantage and opportunity - and she pissed it away.  That is not a tragedy - it's a waste. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 21, 2012, 06:47 PM »
When people decide to recognize a team achievement, then leave a key contributor off of the list.   >:(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1100 on: March 21, 2012, 11:49 PM »
There's an interesting story there I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 22, 2012, 01:11 AM »
There's an interesting story there I think.

Just something that really bothered me at work today.  I was part of a  cross functional team that made a big presentation to a retailer.  The end result was a 70% increase in distribution and the team received an award today in front of our entire division, but guess who was not on the list.  The person who ended up submitting the nomination didn't realize I was involved.  A few others spoke up for me and my contributions after the fact, which was nice, but still feeling a bit demotivated.  I don't even care so much about the award - would just be nice to get a little recognition sometime without having to ask for it.    :P

I'm sure there are other people with bigger problems - just needed to vent a little during my pity party.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 22, 2012, 09:12 AM »
That sucks, Justin. Not the same, but thanks for all the help with nabbing figures and Kubricks for me over the years.

Here's one most guys can probably relate to. A pet-peeve of mine is a wife/mother, etc who asks you to go shopping (when it's the last thing on Earth you want to do) with them and claims that they have only one or two items to get at one story. You agree to go along and end up looking at ten items at four stores having spent an hour and a half longer than expected. Maybe it's a Multiple of 5 Rule?

I always tell the offending party to be honest up front so I can be mentally prepared and work my schedule accordingly. I'm the kind of person who does strategic shopping. I'm in and I'm out.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1103 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40 AM »
People who are Fast Food Ordering Morons is my new pet peeve.  Me and a CoWorker went to Subway yesterday, I swear it was the lady in front of me's first time to the joint.  It took her 5 minutes to order her damn sandwhich...THEN she gets to the end of the line and says, oh I need 3 more sandwhiches.  I just about Colmaned her right then and there

QMFMFT

Seriously...how many ******* people have never been to Subway before.  I could order a ******* sandwhich in my sleep...it is not that ******* hard.  I waited behind a lady yesterday that had to be told 4 times they don't have Swiss cheese ::)

QMFMFT

How long has Subway been around?  20 years+ right?  There are still ******* morons out there that don't know what they have for bread, cheese and condiments.  I hate hate hate hate getting behind someone (as was the case yesterday) who is a [famine]sandwich[/famine] ordering moron.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Here's one most guys can probably relate to. A pet-peeve of mine is a wife/mother, etc who asks you to go shopping (when it's the last thing on Earth you want to do) with them and claims that they have only one or two items to get at one story. You agree to go along and end up looking at ten items at four stores having spent an hour and a half longer than expected. Maybe it's a Multiple of 5 Rule?

I always tell the offending party to be honest up front so I can be mentally prepared and work my schedule accordingly. I'm the kind of person who does strategic shopping. I'm in and I'm out.

Apologies to the ladies out there, but I think this is just a woman thing.  My wife does this, my sisters do this, my mother-in-law does this, etc.  In my case, I'm usually able to escape the shopping experience itself.  My wife will run out for ONE errand and I'll stay back to watch the kids.  I can pretty much count on not seeing her for the next five hours, at which point she'll relay the seven stops she made and how surprised I should be that she was able to do all that so quickly.  I really don't mind if she has things to get done or even coming along to browse if its something like furniture that I have a vested interest in.  But the inability to accurately predict the amount of time you're going to need over and over again drives me nuts.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 22, 2012, 11:17 AM »
But the inability to accurately predict the amount of time you're going to need over and over again drives me nuts.

Agreed. I just wish the offending female (I'm not saying this is just a woman thing as I know a few that hate to shop) would say out front that this trip is going to take 2.5 hours, so that way I can already weigh my options. Maybe there are some projects I want to get done that day. If you say your doing 1 thing at 1 store, I can estimate the time of the trip and know it won't cut deeply into what I want to do later. If she says I'm going to 5 shops, I'll respectfully decline. I guess it's the idea of respecting one's time.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Maybe she just wants to spend time with you  ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16 PM »

I totally get that, Tracy. But I would prefer to spend time with her in a way that's mutually agreeable.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 22, 2012, 02:22 PM »
So, the best solution I have found for this, Steve, is to start asking "About when do you think we'll be back?" in a kind, unargumentative way.  Even better if you can call out something you want to do or get done at that time.  When she says 2:00 and it ends up being 4:00, be sure to offer up a "That was fun, but I was hoping we'd be back at __:00, so that I could have _____."  Let it go a few times, then be a total jerk about it and it'll stop, at least for a while.  If your wife is like mine, she just doesn't realize how often she does it, and then doesn't think it's a big issue because I didn't communicate that I had something else I wanted to do.  If she runs 2 hours late and you were just going to be sitting around with the kids, then big whoop.  If you were going to get that door fixed or see a friend or (Heaven forbid) shop for yourself then that's an obvious thing you clearly missed because of her scheduling problems.  At the very least, she should find a way to give you that time back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1109 on: March 22, 2012, 02:33 PM »

I totally get that, Tracy. But I would prefer to spend time with her in a way that's mutually agreeable.

IE: Sex.

;D

I've been stuck in the store too...  For me I just start pissing with my phone till the nightmare ends.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77