Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241415 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1125 on: April 6, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Probably should have clarified that it's my boss that does it.  And he's doing it RIGHT NOW!  There should be a webcam feed for this thread and you could all enjoy it with me.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 6, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Probably should have clarified that it's my boss that does it.  And he's doing it RIGHT NOW!  There should be a webcam feed for this thread and you could all enjoy it with me.

E...

Even awesome that you are on a non work-related website when he's right there!! Stick it to the man!!  :-*

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 6, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Wow! You get paid to browse the internet. Make sure your boss doesn't start to "accidentally" bump into you while he is talking on the phone.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25 PM »
White vans....especially the ones without windows.  Doesn't really piss me off, but ya...I always think there's something shady going on in there.  Oh and people at IKEA that clog up the aisles too  >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 5, 2012, 11:49 PM »
Ebay.

Ebay's recent categories/search changes bug the hell out of me. I can't find the old Star Wars categories, are they gone for good? Do I have look under TV and movie action figures and click on seperate Star Wars movies? How do I refine the search from that without using the stupid sidebar boxes.  >:(

They've over the years taken a lot of the fun out of the site in order to make themselves over into a online etailer instead of the world's largest online yard sale/flea market.  This fall they'll require that sellers  upload  pictures which must meet Ebay's guidelines.   Maybe sounds nice...better looking photos? But will most non-professional sellers even bother to list items then with that extra hassle? You rarely get good deals from the pros, you get them from casual users, the amateurs. Bah!
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 11:53 PM by scockery »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 6, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Ebay sellers!

Ebay sellers that make their shipping free but send things that are not magazines or books as media mail because its cheaper. The post office opens up packages and turns it into COD!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 7, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Ebay sellers!

Ebay sellers that make their shipping free but send things that are not magazines or books as media mail because its cheaper. The post office opens up packages and turns it into COD!

In fairness, this could be unintentional. I have been selling for awhile now and only found out about that a couple of weeks ago. I can't tell you how many toys I have received that were shipped media mail. I always assumed it was just a "class" of mail like 3rd class, 4th class, etc. I never knew you were actually restricted to only sending printed materials like this.

The guy at the PO told mke there has been a surge in the abuse of this shipping method, so they have started actively scanning/X-raying packages to verify the contents. I don't see why they wouldn't just return to sender in that scenario though. Why pass the expense on to someone who was blameless to begin with?

I send everything parcel post now, it's more expensive but less risky.

RE: categories, I have seen some threads over at RS ranting about this but didn't care to read the particulars. What exactly did they change? The Clone Wars category seems the same. To me this doesn't seem like a big deal because searching by category is a very inefficient method and I don't think most buyers do that. You're much better off searching on the specific item name.

Maybe some people just like to browse though, I don't know. My ebaying is always very target-specific.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 7, 2012, 03:51 PM »
My ebaying is usualy not target specific. I looked for deals under Star Wars categories just using generic terms. You get good deals mostly from sellers who don't care, know or realize what they have. 

Media mail: IIRC, media mail can't even include current magazines with advertizing. Technically some DVD have ads, but I guess they let those slide.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 7, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Media mail: IIRC, media mail can't even include current magazines with advertizing. Technically some DVD have ads, but I guess they let those slide.

Or comic books, since they have ads as well.  If you're sending a graphic novel, you can get away with it, but they USPS guys I've run into have no concept of what that is.  I have learned to just say that it is a pictue book vs. graphic novel. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 8, 2012, 09:35 AM »
How is a video game console or other electronics considered media? It is does is take longer and beats the crap out of the box. Besides the guy even admitted that he sends things that way all the time and this is the first time he ever heard of this happening. Bastard!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 8, 2012, 11:51 AM »
People who don't understand how merging works.  The entire world seems to have forgotten how to do this.  Pull up on their entrance lane and coast along beside me.  The person MERGING is supposed to alter their rate of speed to fit into the flow, not the other way around. 

Seems like every time I approach an incoming entrance ramp lately, if I can't get into the left lane I have to either hit my brakes or speed up to let some dumbass in.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 8, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Conversely, I love it when I'm on the entry ramp and completely ahead of a car and then they floor it to make you get behind them.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 8, 2012, 01:30 PM »
People who don't understand how merging works.  The entire world seems to have forgotten how to do this.  Pull up on their entrance lane and coast along beside me.  The person MERGING is supposed to alter their rate of speed to fit into the flow, not the other way around. 

Seems like every time I approach an incoming entrance ramp lately, if I can't get into the left lane I have to either hit my brakes or speed up to let some dumbass in.
I completely agree with this one!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 8, 2012, 06:18 PM »
There is no thought of actually speeding up.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1139 on: June 6, 2012, 10:54 PM »
The Emergency Alert Weather System. I've now missed two of the three goals in the third period of the Stanley Cup Finals game. It has gone off every five-ten minutes, and lasts 2 minutes or so. I have to listen to the computer man explain what a flash flood is and tell me not to go into the water. On one of the goals I even had my DVR paused for a few minutes, the EAS came on and when it came back out of it it caught me up with the live broadcast. Lame.
"This is the way."