Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242066 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2004, 01:05 AM »
You know what's really pissing me off right now (well not right now, at this exact moment... ) - in my town, as in most towns across the U.S. I would guess, they have crossing guards on all street corners to help children cross the street to get to school and home from school. Now, I don't have any children, and maybe if I did I would feel differently about this but... why do the crossing guards have to stop me when I have a green light so that the kids can cross the street? Shouldn't they be teaching the kids that they shouldn't be allowed to cross when the traffic has the green light? Yeah yeah yeah, I know all about that "pedestrians have the right of way" bull**** and all that, but guess what? When I'm driving a 2000 pound car and a child's 80 pound body meets up with it 'cause he's crossing against the light, who's gonna win? I know I'll get blamed for it, but that's another story.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2004, 01:36 AM »
You will get blamed for it, but you are right (and in the right).  No way should a crossing guard be doing that, crossing against a light.  They should responsibly be waiting for the light to change, contributing to the kid's training. 

I'm a little unclear on the plethora of crossing guards as well, but it seems generally symptomatic of the protect kids at all costs mentality that is prevalent today.  What's so wrong with kids walking to school by themselves versus the armada of minivans driving up.  Isn't that many vehicles in the general school area more dangerous than walking there?  The traffic flow has increased dramatically. 

And I am the parent of a kid.  Sadly ever more unique in my ways of thinking: not everything is easy; personal responsibility and the golden rule matter; you can fail and can learn from it.  Bah, what do I know.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2004, 01:47 AM »
In my town CG's are not used at lights.  That's what the walk button's for.  :)

Our crossing guard is this short, stout girl that was in a class ahead of me....  Though she was in special programs so I dunno what grade she was in ultimately, but she was right around my grade because she was in Home-Ec classes when i had to take them.

Anyway, she guards the kids at a pretty hairy intersection as there's actually 5 roads converging.  Very strange intersection, but that's Western PA traffic patterns for you.  Nothing's laid out in a fashion that is convenient.

The girl does a good job, but the woman before her was a trip.

She was "large", we shall say, and wore stretch pants EVERY day.  She had what seemed like 3 pair.  One black, one white stained, and one "flesh" colored.

Now, as you can fathom, the flesh colored were the worst of the bunch, and gave the illusion that she had absolutely NO pants on, and was an enigma of nature in not having a butt, nor any orafice(s) anywhere.  Creepy?  Indeed.  The fact she looked like curdled milk down there didn't help.

And to top it off, cars going full steam would have to SCREECH to a halt as she would step right out in front of them to stop them.  This cross isn't near the school.  it's a couple blocks away on the main drag in town, but enough kids cross here that the guard's been deemed necessary.

Like I said, new girl is good at the job, old guard was a wreck herself, much less capable of preventing one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2004, 06:00 PM »
I was thinking about this thread today, I had forgotten my biggest pet peeve of all time...... women who wear too much
perfume, I find it really offensive. I get head-aches and feel sick to my stomach. I cannot believe I had forgotten that..

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2004, 06:05 PM »
I hear that. There's this woman we sit behind in church, every time, and she must put on the whole bottle, and I get so sick, I feel like fainting ever second that I'm in the church. ::)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2004, 07:03 PM »
OK, another new one today. I can't stand drivers who think that because they put their turn signal on it gives them the right to just cut me off and change lanes. Going 70 mph on the highway no less. Happened to me twice today. Twice.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2004, 01:02 AM »
Yeah, would it kill them to shoulder check first?   ::)

My biggest pet peeve comes at work.  I'm a pharmacist, and a customer walks in and says, "Oh, I'm out of refills, YOU will have to call the doctor to get me more."  Excuse me, because you can't pull your head out of your ass long enough to plan ahead is not my problem.  No, YOU have to go to the doctor and get more refills.  I told you that your were out of refills 30 days ago, and you've still done nothing about it?  Get the **** out of my pharmacy.  Ah, but the customer is always right, right?  >:(

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2004, 03:31 AM »
Posted by: jokabofe  Posted on: November 20, 2004, 07:03 PM 
Insert Quote 
OK, another new one today. I can't stand drivers who think that because they put their turn signal on it gives them the right to just cut me off and change lanes. Going 70 mph on the highway no less. Happened to me twice today. Twice. 

I prefer that they signal then when they cut lanes without signaling and I have another one...... when people are about to leave an off ramp from a road to a highway and they stop, instead of merging. People its like a zipper, fall into place and just go already. ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2004, 12:51 AM »
It really pisses me off when I sell something on ebay and get less money than someone else got for the same exact thing just a few days ago, or in some cases, just a few minutes ago.

I had a set of the first 4 Sideshow Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures - Buffy and the 3 Gentlemen - that I didn't want anymore. They were all still boxed. I checked ebay to see what they are going for, since they were slightly hard to get in the first place back in 2000, and were slighltly expensive ($30 each). I see two people who just had auctions end for the set of 4 - first auction went for $157 and second auction went for $152. Perfect. I put my set up, and what does it end at? $112. Really pisses me off.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2004, 02:28 AM »
ya know what pisses me off? my inane ability to have my post in a thread on a message board be the last one in that thread. this happens about two-thirds of the time and i can't figure out why. i just seem to have this strange ability to kill threads, so I'm expecting this thread to die now...  :'(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2004, 02:38 AM »
i just seem to have this strange ability to kill threads, so I'm expecting this thread to die now...  :'(

Would it help if I did this?

:P

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2004, 03:33 AM »
i just seem to have this strange ability to kill threads, so I'm expecting this thread to die now...  :'(

Would it help if I did this?

:P

*sniff* thanks man that should help.

oh crap....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Don't worry, we're here for you  :)

Another thing that annoys me:  Going 35 in a 50 zone.  ****, if you've got nothing in your life important enough to get to, get out of the way for guys that do!   >:(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:29 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2004, 11:45 AM »
People that come in late for work & leave early & still get paid!  >:(  >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2004, 12:15 PM »
Dale:

Would you rather them sneak off, or have to come in on Saturday...yeah, and sunday too? ;)

I have a nice peeve. NO JOBS. I have applied at 10 places of work, no lie, 10. 10. Probobly more from word of mouth. Ive called back and followed through with things, and such. Still no luck around here. All the highschool kids take the jobs in this town, and the unemployed toy collecting bums like me can't get a job.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...