Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243177 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2005, 02:30 PM »
That is weird.  Obviously we get a bit more snow than you guys and it stays for a while.  I guess we're just used to it.  It has to be pretty bad for traffic to be reduced even a bit.  And I've never seen a store cleaned out of anything unless it was on sale or a toy I wanted. 

Yesterday they closed a number of highways and the road I was on had the designation of "travel not advised", a very logical statement, but I had to get home.  Stores were no busier than usual when I got home.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Snow here depends on the lake and the winds and everything...  I'm not sure where you're from in Canada Morg, but you're North so I'm sure you get more consistent snowfall...  But our weather's been wonky the last few years...  We're used to it too though, and if anything all it does is make traffic bad (back ups), but that's it...  That's typical anywhere though.  Down south (Below the Mason/Dixon line) is where people really freak about snow.  I was in the Carolina's once when it snowed and it was like a national emergency... 

The only time stuff closed here that I ever recall was in the blizzards that hit us that I mentioned, which there was no fighting.  That is odd weather though where feet of snow is dumped in a matter of a couple hours and then it plasters you again and again in waves, and I'd say at most you could expect something like that here once a year if that...  Where you're getting "feet" of snow anywhere but in the elevated areas (The mountains east of my area are often pretty plastered, and the North above I-80 which is getting near to Lake Erie usually has multiple feet days throughout the season).

The panic for food's always been this way though.  People act like they're really not gonna get out.  I don't know if it's the elderly or what...  I mean, my friends don't do this...  I assume they're a good representation of working adults...  My parents don't.  I do notice tons of old people, and like Deanpaul said, it's always the milk and bread...  I'd list Eggs and Toilet Paper on that too.

Why?  I have no clue...  Last night late at the store there were many old people there, out, shopping.  Usually the only people out that late are the younger folks, so maybe it is the elderly.  It just seems odd...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #317 on: February 8, 2005, 12:15 AM »
Trying to find a Saga Imperial Shuttle. I've finally come into enough cash to buy one and not go hungry for two weeks, and it's sold out everywhere I've looked, except Brian's Toys and ebay, of course. If I could get it for $120 plus shipping, I'd be happy, but $160 plus shipping just isn't floating my boat.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2005, 02:50 PM »
People who don't clean their windshields off after a snow storm.

We got a few inches last night.  Driving around today I notice cars with their back windshields covered in snow, door window covered in snow and even half the front windshield covered.  How hard is it to clean off the windows?  I don't care about you, but if you can't see me, you're putting my life at risk.  ******* idiots.  Oh and turn on your God damn lights too while your at it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2005, 03:43 PM »
People who don't clean their windshields off after a snow storm.

We got a few inches last night.  Driving around today I notice cars with their back windshields covered in snow, door window covered in snow and even half the front windshield covered.  How hard is it to clean off the windows?  I don't care about you, but if you can't see me, you're putting my life at risk.  ******* idiots.  Oh and turn on your God damn lights too while your at it.

I spend too much time in the car, so I can completley relate.  Brake lights are probably the worst - clean them off.  I expect my blood pressure would drop significantly if I never drove a car again. 

I think all of my pet peeve posts can be summed up to only a couple of topics: vehicular idiots and inconsiderate shoppers. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Telemarketers.

A telemarketer called today, attempting to sell me a wireless plan. I tried to be polite by saying "No thanks, I'm not interested, no thanks, no." etc, and then came the "Stop being an *******, dick, and listen to what I'm trying to sell you." I about lost it, called him a few names, yelled a bit, and hung up on him.

I was polite as hell, but he didn't need to swear.

Angry I am.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2005, 02:32 AM »
Holy ****, he's hassling you, so you get to swear at him, not the other way around!  I would've lost my grip too.  Don't you wish you could reach through the phone and strangle these guys?  I used to listen to these telemarketers, but now I politely say no, even twice, but after that I simply hang up.  I've got better things to waste my time with.   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2005, 03:04 AM »
What I want to know is how those telemarketer bastards got ahold of my cell phone number. Only my friends, family, work and bank know it, or so I thought.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2005, 10:49 AM »
You have to join the no-call list for your cell phone now, otherwise telemarketers can call you.
Should be able to google it to sign up, but it usually takes time to remove you from the lists... good luck!
I had a telemarketer call, told him to take me off the list and he told me no- that I need to let him do his job!  I asked for his supervisor, he- of course- told me no.  So I told him that he couldn't refuse to take me off the list, and he yelled at me that he wouldn't do it and that he'd just call me tomorrow.  He was a real ass- like I'd buy something from him when he acts that way?  geez...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2005, 01:15 AM »
People who post large pics in threads

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2005, 01:24 AM »
That's been my wallpaper for like two years now  :-[

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2005, 01:57 AM »
Lines at grocery stores.
I posted my little rant somewhere in the ROTS category, but I'll paste it here 'cause I'm lazy and stuff.

And he should walk right by you when you need help, and if you manage to get to the register, you'll wait in a pathetically long line (why build 30 registers if you're only going to open three?), and won't be greeted or thanked even though you just dropped $45 on groceries.

Sorry. Little rant from my ****** Target experience tonight.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2005, 08:44 AM »
Friends who practically live here, but need to follow me and watch what I type on the computer. I hate having a pair of eyes stare over my sholders. Most of what I write is semi-personal, and none of the other persons buisness. Oh well, maybe I have an attractive personality.

Kevin

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2005, 02:02 PM »
Well whats my rant today:

1) FedEx returning my GG Han Stormtrooper bust for reasons unknown. It was never delivered to me and was stuck at FedEx customs.

2) Sellers on eBay who sell 1 cent items and over a few days build up a feedback.

3) Sellers on eBay that steal/use your auctions pictures, crop them a bit and think thay can getaway when my auction is still running!  ******! >:(   ::)

Yeah, I'm pissed today!  :'(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Applebees.

I go to Applebees today, and first, I walk in with my grandfolks, and the girl goes "Just 1?" Uh, no retard, I just came in with these people. Second, our waitress comes over and asks what we want to drink, and doesnt have a pen to write down our order with. I dont look up from my menu. Some comes back 10 frigging minutes later with our drinks. We order. I again dont look up. I try not to make eye contact with waiters and waitresses. She comes back by, a half an hour later, and actually tried to SNEAK past our table, untill I asked where our food was. She goes away to check and ANOTHER waitress comes by with our food, and the girl again tries to SNEAK past our table. I cought her, and she came over, and I almost spit buffalo wings on her. She had rods through her ears, her nose was pierced, and she had an eyebrow jobbie. It looks like she fell face first into a tackle box. Now, I'm not feeling well. I eat a little more, and I have to go to the bathroom.

The handycapped stall is trashed, so I go into the normal can. I drop trousers, and procede to lower myself down to the throne, only to panic, because the throne is nowhere near me, and I'm headed to the floor, so I shoot my hands to catch the wall, and my fingernails slip, and I litteraly pulled plastic off of the wall in an attempt to save my own ass, and slammed down into the throne seat, 10" from the ground. There should be warning signs. My finger nails still hurt.

Bastards.

Kevin