Author Topic: 30AC "Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack  (Read 51710 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: "The Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack
« Reply #90 on: November 1, 2006, 10:40 AM »
About 75% of the time we see boxed images, it's a final product.

About 25% of the time we see boxed images, it turns out to be an early mock-up. 

Since these look like Saga2 Sandtroopers minus the pauldron, I'm going to hope that this set falls into the "25%" category and it's just a mock-up using modified Sandtroopers.  Hasbro is marketing these basic battle packs to kids and I find it hard to believe they would be stupid enough to release Stormtroopers all dirtied up like that...   (famous last words, I know  :-X)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 1, 2006, 01:00 PM »
I agree with you, I think what we've been shown is pretty stupid too. Hope it is that 25%.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 2, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I'd agree with you Jeff, but the faces on the Stormies look like they're dirty too. They're not so on the Saga2 Sandtrooper. I might go with the Orange Evo Sandtrooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 2, 2006, 11:55 AM »
I'd agree with you Jeff, but the faces on the Stormies look like they're dirty too. They're not so on the Saga2 Sandtrooper. I might go with the Orange Evo Sandtrooper.

As I'm going through the "Great Unboxing of 2006", I'm realizing how much I actually miss the Cinema Scenes of the POTF/POTJ line versus the whole "Battle Pack" thing.    The figures in the Cinema Scenes were usually mostly new and the packaging looks great just sitting on the shelves-I'm bypassing the cinema scenes in my unboxing friendly and am thinking of just selling/trading the battlepacks I actually have at this point and will not be purchasing any of the new ones at this point.   4" collecting just ain't what it used to be....

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 2, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Heh, I still haven't unpacked any of my cinema scenes from POTF2 through Ep I simply because I like the way the figures are displayed in the boxes. 

I do think that some of the display setups with the new battle packs are pretty nifty though.  Even some of the craptastic packs look ok in the package with no new figures at all.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy any of them.  I'm so happy to have broken through that MIP barrier.  I still understand the mentality as a lot of stuff looks great in the package and once you open it, it sucks ass.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 2, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Heh, I still haven't unpacked any of my cinema scenes from POTF2 through Ep I simply because I like the way the figures are displayed in the boxes. 

I do think that some of the display setups with the new battle packs are pretty nifty though.  Even some of the craptastic packs look ok in the package with no new figures at all.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy any of them.  I'm so happy to have broken through that MIP barrier.  I still understand the mentality as a lot of stuff looks great in the package and once you open it, it sucks ass.

Like the SAGA Trash Compactor scenes.... GOTTA keep them in the box from what I've seen

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 2, 2006, 11:13 PM »
I pray to God that this week, some one asks hasbro "What in the blazes were you thinking adding dirty stormtroopers to this battle pack?"

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 3, 2006, 08:38 AM »
I pray to God that this week, some one asks hasbro "What in the blazes were you thinking adding dirty stormtroopers to this battle pack?"

Kevin

They'll just say "We were thinking about covering all the bases with the stormtroopers... don't you remember that a detachment was sent down to the planet to retrieve the plans?  They got dirty then!"

Oboewan

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 3, 2006, 06:54 PM »
And you are right!  According to the Q&A at FFURG, the stormie mould is the Evo one, not the VOTC.  Way to go Hasbro...
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 3, 2006, 08:04 PM »
mother F#$%^&!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( Hasbro can suck my D*&% over this battle pack. i was actually going to buy 4 of them but now its going to a big fat 0!
Momar and Fester

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 3, 2006, 08:26 PM »
Why? The Evo mold isn't bad at all. It's almost as good (And practically the same) as the VOTC mold.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 4, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Hardly. The waist is completely immovable and the neck's ball joint is higher, making it look completely awkward without the pauldron.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 4, 2006, 10:58 AM »
I just have enough of them already and i wanted to at least score some vintage stormies. But now it looks like i'll have to wait for the new 07 ones to score about 8 of them. The only reason why i may reconsider this battle pack is only for the reble fleet troopers thats it and i guess i could use the evoloution mold for some customs ::)
Momar and Fester

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 4, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I'll get 2 if I find them on clearance, otherwise none.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 4, 2006, 05:28 PM »
While I personally think that the Evo Stormie is not a great choice, as long as it's clean, I can do some army building, but the wide stance will make them not match the others. Perhaps they'd make good squad leaders.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."