Author Topic: "Battle Above the Sarlaac" Battle Pack  (Read 15981 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Above the Sarlaac Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: August 5, 2006, 09:04 AM »
I really hope that Hasbro plans on rereleasing the Skiff now.  One of my main gripes with them over the last few years, selection-wise, is the large amount of pilot figures without ships to pilot (Cloud Car Pilot, AT-TE Gunner) or ships without the corresponding figures that go with them (No Pilot Anakins or Maces, or my main offender, no Zam Wesell that would fit in that horrible Saga 2002 Speeder).

For them to put out a box set of five figures, in packaging that blatantly uses a vehicle not currently at retail in any form as its backdrop, is basically a big "**** you" to not only collectors but moreso toward casual buyers and kids who will see this and be looking at the shelves for that nonexistent Skiff to go along with it.

Why don't they ditch that Saesee Tiin JSF and the white TIE for the Starfighter assortment and throw the Skiff out instead?  Oh, that's right, because it MAKES SENSE.  ::)

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 5, 2006, 11:46 AM »
I really hope that Hasbro plans on rereleasing the Skiff now. One of my main gripes with them over the last few years, selection-wise, is the large amount of pilot figures without ships to pilot (Cloud Car Pilot, AT-TE Gunner) or ships without the corresponding figures that go with them (No Pilot Anakins or Maces, or my main offender, no Zam Wesell that would fit in that horrible Saga 2002 Speeder).

For them to put out a box set of five figures, in packaging that blatantly uses a vehicle not currently at retail in any form as its backdrop, is basically a big "**** you" to not only collectors but moreso toward casual buyers and kids who will see this and be looking at the shelves for that nonexistent Skiff to go along with it.

Why don't they ditch that Saesee Tiin JSF and the white TIE for the Starfighter assortment and throw the Skiff out instead? Oh, that's right, because it MAKES SENSE. ::)

Its true i mean how many more repainted jedi star fighters do i need i mean all they should have done wqas the 2 anakins and two obiWans they dont need like 8 diffrent ones.They should start having a variety og vehicles i mean im 13 but i stilll love to play and open with my star wars toys. I buy tons of them and if hasbro would at least put out better ships then the star fighters and repaints then kids, fans, and collectors would be more happy. The main reason hasbro probably just does repainted vehicles is that there just to lazy! To make some cool high selling ships like the skiff.
Dont get me wrong hasbro does make some good toys i realy like the basic figures and the new marine and air-borne,barc troopers that are comen out. I'm gonna by 6 of each of them but hasbro needs new vehicles and playsets! Did hasbro not see how good that king kong playset sold for. I mean if you play with your figs like i do sometimes we need good backgrounds and vehicles to go with it. I think that if they make playsets the dark illusions photo novel would have the BEST BACKGROUNDS!!! ( NOT THAT IT ALREADY DOES'NT) Same with chewies photo novel they would all be better so hasbro start listening to the fans and make BETTER VEHICLES AND PLAYSETS!!! ::)

« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 11:52 AM by 212th Battalion »
Momar and Fester

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 5, 2006, 12:47 PM »
Why dose that packaging Skiff look like it has a peg on it? ??? That'd be even ******** if they  packed in half a Skiff.

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 6, 2006, 02:44 PM »
I saw that too. Weird.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: August 6, 2006, 02:59 PM »
That was the first thing I noticed as well. It almost looks like we are getting half a skif made out of plastic like the Senate Pod, but there is now way that's right. Maybe they just cut one in half to use as a mock up?
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 6, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I'm thinking it's just a cardboard picture of the Skiff toy.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 7, 2006, 04:42 PM »
And you're right.

Looks like the toy doesn't it?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 7, 2006, 06:11 PM »
To me it looks like a plastic floor of the skiff with the plank sticking out, and the middle of the balcony is plastic.  Everything else I believe to be cardboard.

Those bastards.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 7, 2006, 07:48 PM »
just like hasbro to do it half-assed  >:(
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #39 on: August 7, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Guys, it's all cardboard, it's just a very well done 100% scale photo of the toy.  There's nothing half-ass about it at all, except for the fact that it's five old figures in a fancy-pants box!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 8, 2006, 12:08 AM »
I am all for hasbro to re-release the Tatooine Skiff because I never got one, and it costs to much on ebay for it.  I would have been better to have the skiff come with the pack. The pack would have sold much better.  I dislike 5 repack figures that we ALREADY own, so it is a BIG pass.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 8, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Guys, it's all cardboard, it's just a very well done 100% scale photo of the toy.  There's nothing half-ass about it at all, except for the fact that it's five old figures in a fancy-pants box!

oh know I agree with you, I'm damn sure it's just a nice pic printed on cardboard.  I'm just saying if they'd done it with a cut up version of a plastic one.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2006, 02:29 AM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Battle_Packs_Found_100427.asp

Somehow this has surfaced at a Chicago TRU already. Apparently it's actually TSC not 30th.

For me it's an easy pass, but it isn't a terrible set for kids or newer collectors who don't already have those figures.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Well, if they released the skiff with the 5 figures, I know I would be one of the first to complain that I don't want to pay for 5 extra figures to get a ship.
I had the POTF2 skiff, but sold it some years ago. It really was a flimsy toy, and only makes the lack of Jabba's barge more apparent.

So I guess the battle pack is an easy pass, but if they re-tooled the skiff and added some paint upgrades I might be interested.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 09:00 PM »
This maybe the very first BP i keep boxed
Momar and Fester