Author Topic: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06  (Read 65293 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 06/05/06
« Reply #345 on: June 6, 2006, 11:07 AM »
The field commander looks like he is wearing lip gloss :o. but the rest looks good.

The field General is amazing he looks real, right out of the movie.

The stormie Looks good, how many points of articulation did he have on the VOTC body, and now with the Dragon body? The helmet is kinda funky like its out of proportion but besides that a great set of customs, keep it up Greg.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #346 on: June 6, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Great update grego. I would love to get into 12" customs, but i just dont have the storage space for it.
Nice work and i love the fet luke showdown photos!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Very nice looking 12" Stuff. I've got a ton of 12" Fodder to work with I just nevr get around to it. I feel inspired do dig out some of those 12" figs and get to work now.

Thanks, for the Inspiration.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2006, 09:23 PM »
Excellent job on these Gregorbian. Looking at these makes me want to dig out my old Dragon customs and give them a whirl again.

Dragon bodies are perhaps the best 12 inch bodies on the market today. WIth some minor alterations on the heads most 12 in SW figs fit right onto the neck post with no gluing required.

The storm trooper is my fave of the bunch.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06
« Reply #349 on: July 4, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Hey gang,
I haven't been posting much lately, but I've been lurking  ;)

I've been stuck on a few 12" scale customs lately but yesterday and today I reverted back to a few 3 3/4" scale customs...

Hope you like 'em!

A small update:

SA Jedi Luke (ball jointed knees, elbows, shoulders; swivel waist, hips, wrists, neck)

Parts Used:
Saga1 Jedi Luke - torso, head
RotS Chancellor Palpatine - legs
G.I. Joe Barrel Roll - arms

SA Jango Fett (ball jointed knees, elbows, shoulders, ankles; swivel waist, hips, wrists, neck)

Parts Used:
Head/helmet - Kamino Escape Jango Fett
Torso - Final Battle Jango Fett
Waist/Upper thighs - Pilot Jango Fett
Lower legs - Saga2 Boba Fett
Shin/foot/Shoulder armor - Pilot Jango Fett
Arms - G.I. Joe Barrel Roll
Right Gauntlet/hand - Final Escape Jango Fett
Left Gauntlet - Kamino Escape Jango Fett
Left hand - Final Escape Jango Fett

Questions/Comments/Advice always appreciated!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 4, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Gregorbian!!!  I've been craving an update from you in a while... and you more than delivered.

Luke - Super, just like Hasbro should make him.  Looks great... trouble getting the barrel roll arms to fit in the shoulder sockets?

Jango - Did you make this for the Group Project?  I think you've made the coolest Jango Fett I've ever seen, for real!  Damn, I wish Hasbro (or me) could make one half that good.  So how did you make the shoulder pads?

:)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #351 on: July 4, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Thanks CHEWIE!

Luke - Super, just like Hasbro should make him.  Looks great... trouble getting the barrel roll arms to fit in the shoulder sockets?

The Barrel Roll arms actually fit perfectly, I didn't even have to dremel or anything.  The hardest part was actually swapping the Palpatine legs into the Luke Jedi's pelvis (since the Chancellor pelvis was incompatible with the Luke torso if I wanted to maintain articulation).  Still, assembly of this figure probably took about 10 minutes or so.

Jango - Did you make this for the Group Project?  I think you've made the coolest Jango Fett I've ever seen, for real!  Damn, I wish Hasbro (or me) could make one half that good.  So how did you make the shoulder pads?

:)

Yupo, I made this specifically for the Group Project out of the myriad Jangos I have lying around  ;).  Paul (Outrider) actually reminded me about this a few weeks ago, so I decided to get to work when I had some spare time yesterday.

I think I discovered my new technique for attaching shoulder pads.  I dremeled down the Jango Fett shoulder pads until they were relatively thin.  Then I cut a small rectangle of thin black pleather that I was using for some 12" customs (it had a white cotton backing that I shaved off with my X-Acto knife).  The rectangle was about 5 mm wide by about 2cm long.  I glued half of the strip to the underside of the shoulder pad, and the other half to the top of the shoulder.  Now he retains full shoulder movement and, I think, it looks a bit more accurate.

Hope this helps!  Thanks for the comments CHEWIE  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 5, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Great job on those figures. I wish something could be done with Jango's leg stance though. He just looks akward standing straight. It's like he is hunched over with his legs spread. What if you used the boba fett upper legs and shave off the jango holsters. Then glue the holsters to boba's upper legs? Maybe that will make them more straight.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 5, 2006, 03:32 PM »
That Jedi Luke is awesome!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #354 on: July 5, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Greg whats up, we havn't heard from you in a while.

The Luke is off the hook. The articulation you crammed into a figure that had none to begin with is amazing.

The Jango. I would have done a VOTC top. His neck looks like its sunk in to his armor, which it shouldn't look like that. If you notice the amor is like cardboard thin. :-\ So if you can elevate his neck a bit it might look better. Also the legs bug me too. Maybe using VOTC legs and sanding the puches off, and adding the shaved armor on might have looked better.

Adam.

Ps. don't be a stranger. Get on AIM every once in a while. It's summer. ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 5, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Grego - great update and its good to hear from you again.  I'm not surprised that a Jango fett custom would bring you out of the woodwork!

I think both Jango and Luke are top notch.  I haven't really dove into trying a Luke custom - most of my stuff has been fan-fic or EU to support my Photonovel.  This figure makes me want to think about a Luke.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 5, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Terrific Update!

SA Jedi Luke> Great work fitting the Ball Joints so seemlessly. This one looks factory. Hasbro's going to really have to pull out all the stops to top  this one.

SA Jango Fett> Great looking Custom, I like the vivid paint job. The shoulders seem a little to wide though. If you have a cone shaped grinder for you dremel, I'd suggest Dremeling out sockets in the torso to better hide the Ball-jointed shoulders.

Keep up the gret work!

Fritzkrieg