Author Topic: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?  (Read 13554 times)

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 11:34 PM »
As soon as Rick posted VSTC for pre-order I ordered them, then I waited deciding on the Coruscant wave and I waited too long because New Force had them listed as sold out of pre-orders. So I ordered that case from EE. I asked Rick a few times about the Tatooine Wave and he hadn't had anything up yet, so tonite I ordered it at EE. $10 more but it's better having the peace of mind....and saving time and gas.
Me along with some local friends have had a  few orders not get fulfilled because of Hasbros allotments to NFC. We've had plenty fulfilled though and Rick is great to deal with, and an all around great guy, but I'm afraid months after the figures are out my order will be cancelled and I'll have to resort to ebay, and more headaches than if I'd paid the extra $10 to EE. Literally for 2 weeks my Target has had ONE hook for figures...and I have not seen anything new on my sid eof town for months. I wa sout of town this week and saw most of the Coruscant wave (even grabbed scorch because my case is supposed to have an UGH Scorch) So with the situation in my part of town, I'm just going to order cases, and any leftovers and UGH's will be used for trade bait for things I need (like Vader UGH and Vader an dYOda out of HEroes and Villains) or will go to the 'bay.

So short story...EE for cases. worth the extra $10.

"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 1, 2006, 12:48 AM »
FWIW, if you get those catalogs from EE, they have source codes in the address box you can use for free figures, discounts, etc.  I have a source code for $10.00 off, which I have already used a couple of times for some cases.  I'm pretty sure it's still active, so if you plan on buying/pre-ordering some stuff from EE PM me, and I will pass it along.

All I ask is that you don't spread it around too much, as I don't want EE getting suspicious as why they keep getting flooded with $10.00 off all their orders. :P

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 1, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I know I ordered my wave 5 case from EE on 4/20 because I wanted to ensure that I would receive this wave. That and combined with my schedule for the next 2 months means little hunting for me. Just easier that way. I know they will show up at retail before I get em, but that is okay, I'll get em without the added cost of gas, wear and tear on the car, and the loss time which is perhaps the biggest issue for me.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 12:50 PM »
For those who still had just the tiniest bit of hope left...  the final nail in the coffin for the UGH cases:

SW wave 3 preorder Update
May 24, 2006 | 11:32 AM | newforce1

We got the "email" from hasbro that all of our open/unfilled wave 3 (all versions)orders have been canceled. Unfortunately, this means all outstanding/unfilled wave 3 preorders with us will not be filled due to no available product from hasbro to fill our orders. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Dammit Hasbro.  You create these "chase" figures, but don't produce enough to meet demand.  Idiots.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 01:24 PM »
Well, it's either that or we're stuck swimming in Coruscant figures at retail!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 01:30 PM »
That newforce info is a real let down. I like the idea of getting my stuff from a smaller collector type retailer, but getting the goods is what it is all about. Dammit Hasbro indeed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2006, 01:31 AM »
I got my VTSC from Rick at Newforce and I was happy...  He beat the retailers on price with those ultimately so I applaud the guy's efforts. 

It's a shame he gets screwballed by Hasbro routinely...  Not his fault and it causes so many to be hesitant to go to Rick and you can't blame the consumer there...  I guess for regular release items you're usually a little better off to put an order in and likely get it, but for anything that's shaping up to be hard to find (UGH of course) you'll be lucky if you get it.

Hasbro's the one to blame though...  Same as when their case mixes suck ass, or the figure is somehow lesser in quality than a year or two prior...  Hasbro's the root of the problem I've found, retail is simply at their monkey's mercy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2006, 02:13 AM »
I'm going a little OT here so please excuse me in advance...

Has anyone ever ordered items from a non-SW line from NewForce? I preordered the first wave of Stargate SG-1 figures from them awhile back, since they are only going to be availible in comic stores and online, and now all this talk about them cancelleing orders is making me worried. I'm hoping that my order doesn't get cancelled, because I have no other good way to get them. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Has anyone ever ordered items from a non-SW line from NewForce?

I've ordered DC Direct figures/props from them and have always recieved my order.  I know of a bunch of people who use them for things like GG mini-busts or statues and those have always worked out for them too. 

Pretty much the only problems I've ever heard about with NewForce are directly tied to Hasbro - either Hasbro short-changing them, or Hasbro changing case assortments, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Has anyone ever ordered items from a non-SW line from NewForce?

I've ordered DC Direct figures/props from them and have always recieved my order.  I know of a bunch of people who use them for things like GG mini-busts or statues and those have always worked out for them too. 

Pretty much the only problems I've ever heard about with NewForce are directly tied to Hasbro - either Hasbro short-changing them, or Hasbro changing case assortments, etc.

Ah, that's good to hear... I guess. I think I may just avoid them fro SW then. :-\
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 01:34 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
Where to get cases?
« Reply #41 on: July 3, 2006, 08:47 AM »
Can anyone tell me where the cheapest place to buy cases of figures online?
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get cases?
« Reply #42 on: July 3, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Just click here. NewForceComics
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 3, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Newforce is awesome, but I had so many orders cancelled through them unfortunately due to Hasbro not allocating enough cases to them.

I usually go with www.dnstoys.com or www.entertainmentearth.com

:)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #44 on: July 3, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Exactly.  You have balance price and reliability when ordering online.  Rick is a good guy but if he gets screwed by Hasbro then in turn you will be screwed too.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.