Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Cards?  (Read 26323 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: 'Scum's 2007 report... Oh my!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Unlike the many people who hate the new packaging, I love it. It's giving the line a whole new look and feel...I mean, the general shape of the packaging is just awesome.

I know that the main reason I'm liking this is because I'm not one of the older people that watched the OT when it first came out. I'm not used to a basic card. I was really wanting a new, sleeker twist to next year's line, and this is what I got! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 11:36 PM »
I like the things I collect to be as asymmetrical as possible.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 11:44 PM »
Ah, thank the maker that I am a loose collector and have never cared, nor never will about the aspect of the card condition.  Sorry for those that are upset about this design though, but I think they look pretty cool.

:)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 11:45 PM »

Where is the figure going to go?   ???

Something tells me we are about to see the return of the smaller bubbles, taking up only the lower left hand corner...  and the much rumored "coin/medallion" must be going on the circle/planet thingy?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:46 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 11:47 PM »
I'd like to see them try and recard Ephant Mon on that packaging.   ;D

:)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 11:54 PM »
I like the things I collect to be as asymmetrical as possible.

Yup, the asymmetry is cool as well 8)

Okay, I'll break it down for why I like it so much:

-It's very sleek. Every line before SAGA2 has either been boring (SAGA1, for an example) or lame IMO (ROTS, for an example...yes, that's right I didn't like the ROTS packaging). This packaging isn't boring, and I don't think it's lame at all.

-I love the beat-up look. I think the weathering and scratches on the coin area and the words look pretty cool.

-More of the card is dedicated to the actual character. In basically all the other lines, half of the card is the same on EVERY FIGURE, and then the other half is different. Like how on SAGA2, every figure's top half of the card is identical, but the bottom half is unique. I like how on this new card, most of the card is depicting the character itself rather than the logo of the line.

-The shape of the card is a twist that I like! On every single card of all the past lines (EXCEPT for ROTS) the card is a rectangle. A simple, boring rectangle. Oh but wait! On the SAGA2 cards, there is a CURVE on the corners! OMG! Now it's just mostly a rectangle! ::) Now on the new card, it's a brand new look that hasn't been seen before. I love it.

-It's totally unique. Kinda like I said in the above paragraph, it's a completely new twist. The color is different, the bubble shape will be different, almost EVERYTHING is different.

There you have it. That's why I love the new packaging. If you don't want to buy the figures because of how "bad" they look, feel free to do so. All that means is that there's more for me on the pegs!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 12:00 AM »
-It's very sleek.

I'm not sure that you know what the definition of "sleek" is.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 12:05 AM »
this is a very cool design for the new collection. I like things that use a variety of artisitic means to display the merchandise.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 12:10 AM »
-It's very sleek.

I'm not sure that you know what the definition of "sleek" is.

From the Macintosh 'Dictionary' program:

Sleek
Having an elegant, streamlined shape or design

Yes, it's sleek. :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Meh. I'm already phasing out of collecting, so this may be a good place to stop. I don't like the new look and I'm probably gonna be in class while everyone's out grabbing the figures, so yea. It's been nice, but it's gotta stop somewhere for me.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 12:16 AM »
From the Macintosh 'Dictionary' program:

Sleek
Having an elegant, streamlined shape or design

Yes, it's sleek. :)

Okay, so you have access to the definition of it. That's good and all, but I think there may still be something lacking in the reading comprehension department.

Don't get me wrong--it's cool and all that you guys like the new look, but I hope you're the last ones to ever, ever gripe about the conditon of the cards you find in stores, because they're practically begging to be bent and torn to hell.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 12:17 AM »
Well I'm an opener, so it doesn't really matter whether it's bent or not. But I still love the new look!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Well I'm an opener, so it doesn't really matter whether it's bent or not. But I still love the new look!

Not speaking to just you, "Roton7."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 12:20 AM »

Not speaking to just you, "Roton7."

I know, but I'm just sayin'. :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 12:21 AM »
I know, but I'm just sayin'. :)

Yeah, you are.