Author Topic: Target "Mace Windu's Squadron" Battle Pack  (Read 86324 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Mace Windu's Squadron" Battle Pack
« Reply #180 on: November 8, 2006, 12:48 PM »
I went out looking for these this past weekend, but they were all in the back, and I wasn't about to waste 30 minutes tracking down an employee and waiting for him to find it. Although within the next few weeks these should hit the shelves, it's happened to all the other Target exclusives around here. For some reason all of my stores always hide exclusives in the back for a few weeks rather than putting them out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 8, 2006, 12:48 PM »
the scalper in my area that i do trades with has five but wouldnt let me get one...it is a cool set, save that windu. i want four.

Way to go ???  I dont think I would be advertising that you buy stuff from a scalper here on the boards.

Got my one set today.  It was in the back of course.  They only had one case.  This item will never hit my Target floor.  Same as the Snowspeeder. 
« Last Edit: November 8, 2006, 12:50 PM by Jim »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 8, 2006, 01:14 PM »
I picked up one of these for myself and one to trade.  It's okay, but certainly nothing groundbreaking.  The Airborne Trooper sculpt is cool, and I like the accessories.  But I wish that the small blaster had a holster and wasn't being held in that satchel by a compression fit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 8, 2006, 01:16 PM »
I went out looking for these this past weekend, but they were all in the back, and I wasn't about to waste 30 minutes tracking down an employee and waiting for him to find it.

It ususally only takes a few minutes, if even that long.  Employees are quite abundant - just look for a nice one.  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 8, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Meh, I havent found one. Is the airborne trooper based on the #6 Rots troop?
If he is I'm gonna pass because I dont like the looks of the troops either.  :-\
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 9, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Strangely enough, even though that friendly Target employee I mentioned earlier in the thread said they had no idea what I was talking about, I walked into Target today to find this on the shelf.  Picked my requisite one up, and I'm actually really happy with it.  Even with the Orangutan Mace figure, the Airborne Trooper and the three Clones make up for his craptasticness.   I'm still a bit baffled how something that Target has no record of can suddenly show up on the shelves.  Magic, I guess.  ::)

Meh, I havent found one. Is the airborne trooper based on the #6 Rots troop?
If he is I'm gonna pass because I dont like the looks of the troops either.  :-\

No, the Airborne Trooper is at the very least based on the Evolutions Clone Commander figure and at best a new sculpt.  Either way, he's a new figure to me, since Hasbro would be insane to not mix and match Clone parts at this point.  He's got no action feature, is SA with a regular twist waist instead of a ball joint, has a new helmet and kama/suspenders and man-purse accessory, and includes one of the Evolutions style long Clone rifles.  In other words, he's not even close to the ROTS #6 Clone Trooper.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #186 on: November 9, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I got this set for one reason and one reason only.  The man purse.  The 1st ever bonafied Star Wars issued man purse. ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 9, 2006, 11:19 PM »
I got this set for one reason and one reason only.  The man purse.  The 1st ever bonafied Star Wars issued man purse. ;D

man purse! hah! good one! i need it too now.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2006, 08:44 AM »

"It's European!"
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2006, 11:37 AM »
These are on sale in my area, a dollar off. This helped my get another set when they started telling me that they couldn't bring them out until the reset. I suggested that they have an item on sale and are refusing to honor the sale. They couldn't argue against it.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed in the "Fox" clone, the helmet keeps pushing off.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2006, 10:56 PM »
These are on sale in my area, a dollar off. This helped my get another set when they started telling me that they couldn't bring them out until the reset. I suggested that they have an item on sale and are refusing to honor the sale. They couldn't argue against it.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed in the "Fox" clone, the helmet keeps pushing off.

Tilt the chin up towards the ceiling, place the rebreather part of the helmet on the head first by hooking that part under the chin, push the helmet over the face, then push down on the back.  Works great, stays great, looks great.

Same goes for the Evolutions EIII clones.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 10:56 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Still havent seen hide nor hair of this in my neck of the woods. Come to think of it I havent seen ANY Target exclusives SW, JLU or otherwise.  >:(

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2006, 02:54 AM »
Finally showed up at Target in my area this morning.  At least they finally showed up on the shelf.  Have not had the chance to crack it open yet.  Anyone know why the rifle is so cheap? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2006, 05:12 AM »
I picked up my sets tonight on this one...  The rifle's not really cheap I dont' think, it's just the Evolutions sculpt which is actually more accurate to the movie overall...  It's not really flimsy, at least mine hold their shape well enough. 

Everything in my pack was warped from packaging though so I had to put all the guns and some of their hands into hot water to get them to retake their old shape.

I also noted that many of the figures had real stiff ankles and could've snapped easily.  I heated some of the ankles in hot water too, to just loosen them up a bit so they didn't snap at the pin.  Be careful guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2006, 11:01 AM »
I also noted that many of the figures had real stiff ankles and could've snapped easily.  I heated some of the ankles in hot water too, to just loosen them up a bit so they didn't snap at the pin.  Be careful guys.

I had to do the same thing to mine.
I remember my dream now.