Author Topic: Favorite Breakfast Cereal  (Read 22273 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Breakfast Cereal
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2013, 07:08 AM »
I think I have only seen the "Big Three" in one store besides Target.  Target is probably the best place to find all five.  They also exclusively have the retro packaging at Target.  For whatever reason, they have not been stocked in the cereal aisle.  I have seen them either at the end caps at the registers or in the Halloween section.

I had never heard of Brute or Mummy before this year either.  I remember seeing the other three on the shelves.  Boo Berry did seem to be pretty scarce most of the time.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2013, 12:42 PM »
I think the two less familiar brands are limited release for Halloween unless sales surpass expectations for some reason.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2013, 05:45 PM »
No, as stated above all five have been in market for 5-6 years or more.  The Count, Frank, and Blue have been in mainline distribution for decades.  The other two have been out of market for a long time, but were brought back just this year.  They will stay around if sales are strong enough, which is to say you won't see them again by Christmas.

Maybe it was the sales thing I was thinking of but I thought there was some 6th one...  Something "new" but made to look like it was one of the old ones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Bride of Frankenberry?

Creature from the Black Lagoober?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #79 on: January 2, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Say, do you like chocolate? Do you like peanut butter? Do you like Cheerios? If so, give Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios a try.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 4, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Say, do you like chocolate? Do you like peanut butter? Do you like Cheerios? If so, give Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios a try.

Hmmm... I've not heard of this Cheerio iteration... I will have to check it out.

My kids now swear by Krave cereal... its a chocolate / graham cracker cereal.  They eat dry, right of the the box as a snack these days.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 4, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Oh yes. These are awesome. I also grabbed peanut butter chocolate Shreds. Pretty good.  I am a sucker for peanut butter.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2018, 12:20 PM by Qui-Gon Jim »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Nothing will ever compare to Fruity Pebbles.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2018, 05:13 PM »
I always was more of a coco pebbles guy.  But didn’t like coco puffs.  🤔

I’m having a craving for some kind of cereal and I’m craving several actually but need to narrow it down.  Not sure if I want captain crunch, Cookie Crisp, or Apple Jacks. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 1, 2018, 11:15 AM »
I've been trying to make it through a number of cereals I never really had growing up. We never seemed to have many "kids" cereals in our house growing up, so I'm making up for some of that now.

That being said, my current go to cereals are Raisin Bran Crunch Apple Strawberry (so good), and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which may be one of the all-time greats.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 2, 2018, 01:48 AM »
REESE'S PUFFS.

I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD.