Author Topic: Most Expensive Cardbacks  (Read 1572 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Most Expensive Cardbacks
« on: May 26, 2003, 01:48 PM »
I was watching these 2 auctions since they were posted on eBay.  
Both have now ended & let me tell you:
12 Back Card Lot

:o Meccano Card Lot  :o

Dollars to doughnuts that they will be used for resealed figures. Anyone have any thoughts on these auctions?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Most Expensive Cardbacks
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 08:59 PM »
All I can say is... WOW!
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 11:35 PM »
And proof of another reason I won't go chasing Vintage.  I know diddly and I would get taken in a second.  Loose, someday, maybe.  But I just can't afford this sort of stuff.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Well there would still be the minor task of meticulously removing the edging of the original bubbles, which is still currently attached.  Then finding perfect new bubbles for each one (along with the respective figures of course) and meticulously resealing them.  Pretty challenging task, though I'm sure there's some pretty good counterfeiters out there who might be able to pull it off.   :-\

But if you look real close, you'll be able to identify some of the small cuts, tears and scrapes on that occurred when the original bubbles were removed.  But I suppose if craft reseals are thrown up on eBay, with no way to get a good close look at them by the potential buyers, then anything could happen.  Might be too late by the time the buyer receives the items and realizes he just got his chain yanked!   :'(