Author Topic: Internet Exclusive Republic Commando 7-Pack  (Read 27526 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Exclusive Republic Commando 7-Pack
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 02:38 AM »
Not true...  His feature is no different than the #6 Clone, who had borderline SA.  Other figures in the ROTS line had action features but had articulation yet as well.  It was just a lack of good design on Bacara...  Hell he has ankle joints but no knees.  Give his knees the ankle articulation, and leave the ankles neutral, and you can get the figure in better poses or neutral ones.

For my $$$, articulation will always win over pre-posed sculpts, however I also prefer a neutral pose when there's no articulation as well.  When the articulation's gone I like at least for the figure to stand straight and tall.  The neutral pose of a sculpt still allows a LITTLE posing while pre-posed ankles, knees, etc., generally limit it further, or so's been my experiences with the line.

And not just four sculpts could've been milked out of the COmmandoes...  There's black ones, all white pre-deco ones, etc...  There's a number of repaints beyond the original 4 from the RC game and original novel are available to Hasbro.  I'm sure this is one of those issues they don't care about with this figure at this point, but it's still an issue to me...  It's an issue in the modern line overall that Hasbro still articulates some of its figures like it's 1985 instead of 2006.  I think if a ball/socket is too pricey they can always bust out the pin-swivel joints again or something less costly in the figure's production process even.  To me though figures need knees, elbows, and wrists in this day and age.  Time to jump into the...  well hell even the 15 years of the 20th Century, much less the 21st Century.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 03:40 PM »
I vote in this order:

(1) Super Articulation (YES!)
(2) Neutral Pose (yawn)
(3) Pre-posed (BOOOOOOOOO!)

This figure is so close though... they've got to just suck it up and knock out a couple new legs for these guys, with ball joints.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Pin-Swivel joints on legs? Yea..that Rebel Fleet Trooper should've been the model for all figures to come. If only Hasbro...if only. ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 8, 2006, 10:00 AM »
These are going to be up for pre-order at NFC as well. Under $30 a piece, 2 for $50. Good deal. As soon as they go up, I'm going to dump my EE order.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 8, 2006, 07:06 PM »
These are already up for preorder on MostWantedCollectibles.com $29.99

Clicky
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 9, 2006, 03:04 AM »
Wow! They take paypal! :o :) :) :) :D

I am pleased!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: August 9, 2006, 04:42 AM »
Pin-Swivel joints on legs? Yea..that Rebel Fleet Trooper should've been the model for all figures to come. If only Hasbro...if only. ;)

Those are angle-cut joints pioneered, and ultimately abandoned, by 21st Cent. Toys...  Pin-Swivels are like on Padme DFC, Padme Naboo Pilot, Saga Luke Jabba's Palace...  A hinge pin with a swivel for the boot top.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 9, 2006, 05:01 AM »

Those are angle-cut joints pioneered, and ultimately abandoned, by 21st Cent. Toys...  Pin-Swivels are like on Padme DFC, Padme Naboo Pilot, Saga Luke Jabba's Palace...  A hinge pin with a swivel for the boot top.

Oh my mistake.

I guess that's a little bit better. ;)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 9, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Maybe I'll wait and see how the repackage these with something new . . . . .

Still out. Not a huge commando fan and I just don't know.  I'll have to think about it. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 12:13 PM »
Are we likely to get these in different flavors?  I haven't really been into the Rep Comm, books or game, but from a search on wookpedia there seems to be all sorts of Commandoes mentioned.  I know omega and delta seem to be the most mentioned.  Thoughts?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2006, 03:32 AM »
I can't imagine Hasbro doesn't realize that a set of black decoed or pre-deco (white) ones wouldn't do well...  Scorch's ability to sell has to have registered with the folks running the show, so I'd expect the repaints to come down the pipe.

Beyond the knee joints I'm actually into the figure...  I loved the game, the books are decent really, and the boxed set (for the price) isn't bad at all.  I'd take some more if the price is fair though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Plain White repaints would rock. I would love those platoons that were deployed by the Jedi as standard troops when they were unaware of their abilities.

With all the repaints we get I think the cances are good. I agree with the kness, it would be nice if they refresh the legs.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2006, 11:09 PM »
These are now up for pre-order at NewForce

$27.99 for one ($8 shipping)
$51.99 for two ($10 shipping)

The usual NewForce disclaimer applies... but they are substantially cheaper than other places!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Are we likely to get these in different flavors?  I haven't really been into the Rep Comm, books or game, but from a search on wookpedia there seems to be all sorts of Commandoes mentioned.  I know omega and delta seem to be the most mentioned.  Thoughts?
As far as I know the main colors are black & white, Delta had the only known different color armor.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 1, 2006, 11:42 AM »
As far as I know the main colors are black & white, Delta had the only known different color armor.

There's also Blue Squad, White Squad, and H.O.P.E. Squad.