Author Topic: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74  (Read 59717 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74
« Reply #90 on: February 1, 2007, 11:59 AM »
I'm with Brian on this one, I'll probably need some help too.  I'm lucky if I get to WM once a month -- everything I buy is done online.

Outside of exclusives of course.

To be quite honest, they are a big pain in the ass for me. 

Where I work, there are no WM's or Targets...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: February 1, 2007, 08:22 PM »
I thankfully found this set tonight thanks to a tip from a local buddy of mine...  I thought of buying an extra mace droid but left it so someone else could get a full set.  They had probably 3 sets left, and oddly not anything else from the supposed assortments they ship in...  All wave 9 clones were gone, and all other final 22 figures save for one Vader droid.  The Wal-Mart 5 were all that were there from the final 22 figures which I just found rather strange.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 2, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Scored almost 2 full sets of these.  These are among some of the only TSC figures that I'll keep carded.  I got a complete carded set and 3 openers.  It's a novel wave, but I'm not terribly keen on buying most of these figures all over again.  At least it was somewhat easy to track down most of them in one shot.

I'm genuinely interested in seeing the difference between the original Kitik Keed'kak and this version.  I can easily recognize the different paint apps in the other cantina aliens.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: February 2, 2007, 02:55 AM »
I was curious about the Ktik too and upon getting her home I see it's really negligible...  I'm taking Ktik back.  A light dusting on her arms isn't enough for me to keep her.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 2, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Got the three of these that I wanted.  Thanks to my relative down in Texas for picking them up for me!  Can't wait for her to ship them to me.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: February 2, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I managed to find one set of the Wal-Mart Five at my local Wal-Mart tonight.

Originally, I was excited over the Cantina dude repaints, but after seeing them in-hand, my excitement has diminished.

Like Jesse said earlier in the thread, it doesn't look like there is any difference in the old vs. new Kitik, maybe a minor wash.  Also, I seem to prefer my older PotF2 versions of Nabrun and Labria over these new repaints.   :-X

Something about the Nabrun and Labria repaints just seems funny to me after seeig them in person.  I don't know if it's due to looking at my PotF2 versions for so many years now, but the new Nabrun just looks too shiny and the new Labria is just too pink for my tastes.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 2, 2007, 10:57 PM »
Custom Fodder?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 2, 2007, 11:56 PM »
Found remnants of wave 8 and complete sets of the exclusive wave at Walmarts which haven't had jack in either for a good month.  The clones were all gone at both stores.  Guess some people aren't diggin this last wave. ???     

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: February 3, 2007, 02:17 AM »
the new Labria is just too pink for my tastes.

JediMAC's new favorite figure?  I think so.

I have noticed that if you are getting the pre-packaged display assortment that has the WM exclusive wave in it, there are NO Wave 8 figures mixed in that I can see.  There are Scorch figures, Endor Lukes, and Camo SBD's...  Beyond that, none of the figures are "Final 22" except the exclusives and the camo droid...  The clones are definitely only in the "regular" case assortment that also includes the WM 5...  And I don't think anything other than the clones and maybe another camo SBD are in there.  Vader's droid perhaps as well? 

I've yet to see all of Wave 9, and still need Holographic Obi and Padme...  I'm passing on Yarael because why pay $7 for a lightsaber that looks like ****?

The distribution of Wave 9 has sucked really hard though...  My area barely got any sightings of them at all, and it's only in these remixes with wave 9 that the clones are being found (and not easily for most).  I called a buddy of mine that lives near the WM I scored stuff at tonight to come get while the gettin' was good...  hope he cleared them of a lot of it to share with others from the area too.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 3, 2007, 08:38 AM »
I found these this am, but the case had appo, kashyyk, jedi luke, scorch, 2 yodas, a green clone from aotc, vader's droid, an obi wan, R5-A1, just a strange mix really. I was looking at vader's droid, and I thought there was an error on the spelling of darth listed somewhere (I'll go thread hunting in a moment to find it) but I noticed mine has a grammatical error on the back figure summary. It reads: "The outer darkness of his fighter and droid mirror the inner darkness of new the sith lord"  Looks like Yoda's writing copy for Hasbro.
Also Maces droid had a Fett holo, maybe this is old news too, but I expected a good guy-

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 3, 2007, 10:21 AM »
I found these this am, but the case had appo, kashyyk, jedi luke, scorch, 2 yodas, a green clone from aotc, vader's droid, an obi wan, R5-A1, just a strange mix really. I was looking at vader's droid, and I thought there was an error on the spelling of darth listed somewhere (I'll go thread hunting in a moment to find it) but I noticed mine has a grammatical error on the back figure summary. It reads: "The outer darkness of his fighter and droid mirror the inner darkness of new the sith lord"  Looks like Yoda's writing copy for Hasbro.
Also Maces droid had a Fett holo, maybe this is old news too, but I expected a good guy-

I get the feeling that QC on this last batch of figures was pretty much tossed out the window.  From Mace's droid being packaged with a bad-guy holo-figure, to figures being packaged with incorrect movie stands, and finally the poor grammar/spelling all point to an obviously slapped-together-at-the-last-minute-so-we-can-make-some-easy-money wave of figures.   You'd think this would be signs of a struggling license that the company was trying to pinch every last penny out of, but didn't Hasbro, Inc., have pretty good earnings in 2006?  And, with the incredible figures coming in the 30AC line, this whole "Final 22" offerings is just an odd collection of figures.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 3, 2007, 11:14 AM »
I was curious about the Ktik too and upon getting her home I see it's really negligible...  I'm taking Ktik back.  A light dusting on her arms isn't enough for me to keep her.

more chances of me getting one then! im glad you guys dont care for her, cuz thatll make it common enough for me to find and display next to my pet mantis, kitik, hopefully.  ;D  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 3, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Found these 5 figures on an endcap this afternoon at a Walmart that I normally don't patronize.  I thought I didn't want 4 out of the 5 of them with the exception of Kitik.  Now I know I don't want 4 of the 5 of them.  What a fantastic pile of crap these 5 in total are.  Not for anything, but Kabe, Nabrun Leids and the Devaronian weren't even that good in the late 90's when they first came out.  Now they really don't even come close to measuring up to even decent standards of sculpt or articulation.  Just look at the articulation Myo got recently, that's decent.  These 3 aliens are not.  Sing sucks.  So I picked up 2 Kitiks and headed to the register where there was a 45 minute line formed.  I set the figures down on the jewelry counter and walked out of the store.  Guess I didn't want the Kitik too bad either.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 3, 2007, 07:57 PM »
I found the Kabe/Nabrun Leids 2 pack and the Devronian today (the only two of this set of figures, and not even on an endcap), and I swear I stood there for a good 30 minutes before I decided to pass on them. I kept thinking of the pros and cons of having them, but I decided that the only figure I REALLY want from this wave is Mace's Astromech.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 3, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I threw in the towel with theses ones and went over to the internet site that is not to be spoken about on Jedidefender, and just piad a few extra bucks for all of them. The Wal-Farts in my area really suck, and the nature of the scaplers where I live (the biggest scalper in our area got a job at wal mart just so he could get his hands on this stuff)  so I just said I dont have the time or need the stress of running around to look for these.