Author Topic: It's Almost May and Saga2 is Still Being Restocked In Place of 30AC  (Read 43969 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
It seems like TSC figures are finally disappearing from Target and TRU, although our local Wal-Mart is just crazy stuffed with these.  There hasn't been a single TAC basic figure on the pegs there all year, and unless they do a clearance, I don't see any on the way.  They are primarily Enboo figures, although I noticed they are now starting to stock some of the Final 22 figures, since they apparently haven't gotten those out there yet.  I'm starting to question whether TAC will even make it to this store this year.  If so, its going to be Wave 1 in time for Christmas, unless they decide to skip a few waves to catch up.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Why doesn't this stuff ever get clearanced out?

It's very rare that I see anything marked down.

The 2006 Saga Collection figure SKU is still active, as it is the exact same SKU for the 2007 30AC Saga Legends.  For a store to clearance the 2006 Saga figures and still get the 2007 Legends, they would have to go through and delete individual figure UPCs from their system, and stores just don't care enough or have the time to sit down and delete all the 2006 stuff.  As I've said before, ad nauseum, to retailers like Wal-Mart and Target, SW figures are SW figures, whether they're 2006, 2007, Saga, 30AC, or whatever other variations on the theme.

By that same rationale, when Target got in the Saga Legends stuff and sold through them, the stores automatically reorder that SKU, and since apparently there was more 2006 Saga stuff available to ship than there was 2007 30AC Legends, that's what Target got, and apparently in much larger numbers than the Saga Legends stuff originally shipped in.  Therefore, even though we bought the new, all we got in its place is even more of the old.  Hasbro really shot itself in the foot by keeping the 2006 TSC SKU for the 2007 Legends, because not only are the pegs constantly full of last year's product, there's a 50/50 chance that when stores reorder that SKU, old figures is what they'll get.  The only caveat to that is that the 2006 stuff just isn't selling right now, so there probably won't be more of either assortment coming due to the full pegs.

Offline Wookiee_Smuggler

• Youngling
  • What Do you think of a princess and a guy like me?
    • View Profile
Not much 30th anniversary stuff out there... wal-mart has very little new stuff and when it comes in it is gone quickly leaving the old stuff to collect dust on shelves

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I was just posting on the Indy thread, discussing movie tie-in lines, and it got me to thinking about Star Wars.  I've really been impressed, especially since 2005 or so, how Star Wars seems to always consistently sell through.  Even this year, a non-movie year, I would see gobs of Obi-Wans/R2s from Wave 1 on the pegs, thinking they would never sell - only to slowly sell through.

The exception to this rule now though seems to be the TSC remnants at our stores.  Wal-Mart is the worst culprit, with 6-8 pegs absolutely packed (falling off) with TSC figures.  Although I haven't gone through them all individually, I don't know that any figures have sold off of those pegs in a month or more.  TRU and Target sometimes have a few TSC figures, but not too many, but those seem to be sitting as well.  Of course, if some sort of movie clone shows up, it will sell, but the others really seem to sit.  There hasn't been a single TAC figure at our local Wal-mart yet this year, and I don't see them getting any unless they movie this TSC stuff to a clearance aisle.  With rumors of those and Saga Legends having the same assortment number, I don't know if that will happen or not.  Anyways, its ok, because I don't mind avoiding Wal-Mart as a shopping destination - but it is just amazing how much TSC stuff has been sitting there.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I think it would be a different situation were the variety at stores a little more, well, varied.  Despite what Hasbro claims, nearly every Wal-Mart I've been in, over several states and several months, has the same stock of 2006 TSC figures, although the numbers vary.  That would be:

-At least 20 Endor Threepios
-Between 5 and 20 Jerjerrods
-Between 5 and 20 GB Padmes
-Between 5 and 20 GB Threepios
-Varying amounts (usually between 1 and 5) Labrias, R4-G9s, and Emperor Palpatines

And, for the most part, absolutely nothing else.  If there are any 30AC figures at all, they're multiples of Obi-Wan and R2-D2.  Were the above top 4 figures simply recalled by Hasbro, the majority of the pegwarmer problem with TSC figures would be solved overnight.  But Hasbro continues to stick to their "what you are experiencing on a regional level is not happening nationally" excuse, stores continue to sit on the same action figure stock for months on end (some of these figures have been there a year now), and we continue to see no new 30AC product in decent numbers.

Jeez, what happened to the days of Hasbro reps who would actually go around and check stock status and report back to Hasbro on this stuff?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
It still remains a concern of mine on the sheer number of non-selling SAGA product. At least 1 out of 4 WM stores in my area placed all the SAGA figs in a clearance isle for 4$ each. The numbers and types for the SAGA pegwarmers reflect Doc's list with one exception I'd add 2-5 'QTIP head jedi's per store to the mix.

My local Targets don't seem to have the problem near the scale of WM's as far as SAGA pegwarmers(they possibly have between 3-10 total per store) this is likely due to the lower volume of figures their stores receive when compared with WM.

Still, with Legends figures coming..and only 20 of the 60 TAC released to date I don't anticipate seeing all the new TAC waves on the shelves due to all the congestion :P.

DS

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
In Chicago land the only Saga2 figures you find are:

Rebel Troopers (Both)
C3P0
Luke endor
Riekien

Outside of the couple left it seems this area is all about dried up. TAC is actually filling pegs. I have to admit I am a little sad,it the passing of an age. I really helped clear DSG, Lukes, Obis for customs I sell. Hasbro owes me.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: It's Almost May and Saga2 is Still Being Restocked In Place of 30AC
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 07:38 PM »
I was at Target the other day and saw two ROTS figures (Kit, Saesee). It was very weird. There were also about 10 pegs full of Saga stuff (Threepio, Endor Troopers, Power Droids, Rieekans, other pegawrmers. No surprises). Only a few pegs of 2007 stuff, most of which was Saga Legends. It's almost February 2008! Is anyone else still seeing old stuff on the pegs and in what quantities? 
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2008, 01:53 AM »
Oh by far and away at Target that is 50% of what I see...  Though the ROTS figures were a bit odd and not something I see.

I do see half the pegs at most targets stocked full with 2006 figures though.  Lots of Jerjerrod and Riekean in particular.  30AC stock varies.

My WM was down to 3 figures recently out of about 10 pegs, and they were all 2006 figures...  Those turds won't flush.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2008, 02:27 AM »
My TRU still has 4 pegs full of those stupid Naboo Troopers, so between 30 and 40 of them.  Oh, and 1 Bib Fortuna.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54 PM »
My TRU still has 4 pegs full of those stupid Naboo Troopers, so between 30 and 40 of them.  Oh, and 1 Bib Fortuna.

Hah, you got nothin' to complain about.  One of my TRUs is really good about carrying Star Wars and it's still a large section, about 20 or so pegs for single carded figures.  Fully half of those are Saga2 figure and not all of them are mustard troopers.  JarJar's cousin is up with  along with Gragra and others.  It's pitiful.  The other TRU has piles of figures left over too, just not quite as many.  I'm betting there are still boxes in the back too. 

On the bright side I think the Shmi's are all gone now.  Finally.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2008, 03:03 PM »

Hah, you got nothin' to complain about.  One of my TRUs is really good about carrying Star Wars and it's still a large section, about 20 or so pegs for single carded figures.  Fully half of those are Saga2 figure and not all of them are mustard troopers.  JarJar's cousin is up with  along with Gragra and others.  It's pitiful.  The other TRU has piles of figures left over too, just not quite as many.  I'm betting there are still boxes in the back too. 

On the bright side I think the Shmi's are all gone now.  Finally.

the two TRU within driving distance of my home is exactly the same only problem is that not only do we now have 10 pegs full of the enboo wave we also have about 12 full of TAC wave 4 pegwarmers.both the stores have maybe one or two pegs that are empty. everything else is filled with pegwarmers.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2008, 06:32 PM »
The closest Wal-Mart to my home still has nothing but Jerjerrod and Threepio from 2006.  Well, I am exaggerating a bit:  they have 12 pegs total, eight of which are filled with nothing but Jerjerrod and Endor Threepio from 2006, along with four essentially empty pegs with a single Death Star Trooper hanging on them.  There is not a decent card amongst them and they are covered in dust.  I was hoping that when they did their reset, they'd figure out that they had about 60 figures, 59 of which were the same two figures, but as with the four other resets since those figures first shipped, no dice.

I will celebrate when the Saga Legends SKU is finally deleted, if only because they might finally clearance Jerjerrod and Endor Threepio out and actually get some new figures in decent numbers for the first time since that wave hit last year.   >:(