Author Topic: Saga-065 Elite Corps Clone Trooper (aka BARC)  (Read 61136 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: BARC TROOPER!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I'll take about 15 of these.

:)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 08:01 PM »
It looks, at the very least, that they modified the helmet so it looks like the BARC Trooper's visor and not the ROTJ Scout.  It's not completely accurate to the film trooper, so I'm kind of disappointed there, but right now I'm just hoping they don't pull and trick like they did last fall with the 501st Clone. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Oh GOD... don't say it.

We're actually getting the POTJ Biker Scout repainted.   :-*

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 08:52 PM »
i'm buying 6 of them!!!!! ;D ;D
Momar and Fester

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Oh GOD... don't say it.

We're actually getting the POTJ Biker Scout repainted.   :-*

The pic at least seems to be the VTSC one, which is good new that I do not have to repaint any more.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Do we even know that these pictures are final production? They could use the BARC Speeder Trooper helmet on the VTSC Biker Scout body and I would be happy.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 11:30 PM »
I'm gonna need plenty of these to fight my camo droids! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Yeah I blew the pic up and got the same impression you did Dr. P.  the head is a new sculpt I believe.  The visor's definitely new and accurate to the Kashyyyk guys. 

If the final product is a VTSC Scout with a new head...  I'm game.  The differences are down to minor stuff at that point really, so I'll be in for a minimum of 20 of this guy so long as he's SA...  Probably more actually.  They were abundant on Kashyyyk so my army building senses are tingling.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 02:32 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(
Why would they not at the very least pop the Barc trooper head on this thing. And the boots are the same worn by the Galactic Marine, which they've sculpted already as we've seen in the preview pics. way to drop the ball Hasbro, way to drop the ball.

Fritzkrieg

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Yeah I blew the pic up and got the same impression you did Dr. P.  the head is a new sculpt I believe.  The visor's definitely new and accurate to the Kashyyyk guys. 

I did the same, I really think it's a straight VTSC repaint.  I don't see any helmet differences.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Hmm...Hasbro has all those professional sculptors and machines, and look what one of our fellow former members produces:

Amazing.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 09:30 PM »
Why would they not at the very least pop the Barc trooper head on this thing. And the boots are the same worn by the Galactic Marine, which they've sculpted already as we've seen in the preview pics. way to drop the ball Hasbro, way to drop the ball.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Hasbro dropped the ball as the figures in the slide show are hand painted "prototypes". I used " " marks as they are not true prototypes but hand painted production figures of older figures that have been released before, just like the "Final 12" figures displayed at Comic Con last year. The BARC trooper is only a repainted VTSC Bikerscout with an Evolutions rifle. While the final figure may be more or less identical to the "prototype" seen here, Hasbro has been known to switch things up a bit at the actual production level (I.e. switching the 501st Clone from last year from a #41 to a #38 body).

Also, these toys are not meant to be exact replicas of their onscreen counterparts, just a representation of them for kids to play with. If you want absoloute accuracy, you will have to wait for something from Gentle Giant, Master Collectors, or one of the other "collector focused" high end collectibles manufacturers.

Also, you consider yourself a customizer, you can always fix any of Hasbro's "inaccuracies" yourself if you are ever so inclined. I do it all the time if it's something that I feel is just too far off-base to be tolerated for aesthetic reasons :)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 09:37 PM »
20!To fight those Camo BDs & SBDs! :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 10:31 PM »
"Also, these toys are not meant to be exact replicas of their onscreen counterparts, just a representation of them for kids to play with. If you want absoloute accuracy, you will have to wait for something from Gentle Giant, Master Collectors, or one of the other "collector focused" high end collectibles manufacturers."...Spectre

No one expects perfection, but there is a standard that has been set. If you look at a figure of a Biker Scout, and what he looked like on screen, it's pretty close.  But if you looked at a Barc Trooper, and the reapinted Scout figure, there's lots of differences.  Please don't use the "they're toys for kids" as an excuse for Hasbro's  laziness.

The thing is, Hasbro is business.  Kids will buy the figure either way, but many collectors will only buy it if it's right.  Why not make product for the largest possible audience?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 10:45 PM »
It just seems like there is always a small proportion of collectors who are Hasbro apologists, and will defend them no matter what, even if they release crap. 

The problem is, we have seen what they can do.  Look at the VOTC stormie.  The SA EIII clone and all it's many variants.  We know they're capable of detail and articulation, every time.

I don't need people apologizing for Hasbro.  They can do it.  They just lack the effort sometimes.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda