Author Topic: Saga-065 Elite Corps Clone Trooper (aka BARC)  (Read 61132 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: BARC TROOPER!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 11:09 PM »
If they release carp I won't defend them, but I like the paint job.Hey, you can you use it as a Imperial Camo Trooper. That custom is great,a little bulky.

Also,there is ALOT of differences between the two, not minor.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 11:21 PM »
I don't apologize for Hasbro. Nor do I defend them. There's nothing in it for me. I don't work for them or any of their subsidiaries. I just get tired of adults who have nothing better to do with their time than complain about the accuracy of toys.

I'm not apologizing for Hasbro as I see alot of moves from them that don't make the best of sense sometimes as well, I'm just trying to bring a sense of the actual business decisions that they make to people that do not understand them or take them into consideration. These toys are a business first and foremost, and like it or not, we are not the prime audience for them. We may think that we are, and they do their best to cater to us, but face it, there are alot more kids out there that adult collectors. I don't know how many of you have ever worked in any capacity in the toy industry or know anyone who does/has, but there are alot of things at work in their every move that we are never privy to. I happen to have known many toy professionals over the years and do a bit of consulting for some smaller companies so I have gotten a bit of a glimpse behind the curtain. They do not make toys to satisfy adult collectors, they do it to make a profit, nothing more, nothing less.

Look at my statement about Gentle Giants and Master Collector, these companies cater to the adult fans, who they know are uber demanding about accuracy. They know that thier products have to be as accurate as possible or they will not move, especially at the prices they have to charge to be profitable since they are only selling to a rather small part of the overall global population.

Hasbro manufactures playthings targeted at kids (and the young at heart) and they know that they do not have to be "perfect" as most kids (their core audience, remember) will look at a Barc and look at a Bikerscout and not care about the differences as they just want a cool toy. Just like back in the Vintage days. A good portion of the line (especially early in the line) look very little like their on-screen counterparts, but they still sold like hotcakes as kids just wanted Star Wars toys. If Hasbro didn't cater to their core audience of kids, do you actually think we'd see so many rereleases of the same items? They know that any "collectors" out there will have them already, but there's a really good chance that kids will not since kids generally get 1 toy at a time while the "collectors" more often than not will buy the entire assortment in one shot (usually wiping out the pegs so that it's weeks before the kids even get to see the new figures that the collectors consider to be "peg warming" by the time the next assortment is due to ship).

When Hasbro shines, they shine brightly as seen by many figures in recent memory, but they just as often fall short of "what could have been". I just happen to be a reasonable, intelligent adult that understands the business world and who doesn't have a large portion of my life revolve around toys and their "film accuracy" or lack there of.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:24 PM by Spectre »
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 11:27 PM »
I don't apologize for Hasbro. Nor do I defend them. There's nothing in it for me. I don't work for them or any of their subsidiaries. I just get tired of adults who have nothing better to do with their time than complain about the accuracy of toys.

Fair enough.  And I get tired of adults who have nothing better to do with their time than complain about us.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 11:36 PM »

Fair enough.  And I get tired of adults who have nothing better to do with their time than complain about us.

No need to be a jerk, I'm not complaining about you or any other "collectors" just trying to show you that there are alot of factors involved in this industry that you do not take into account. Hasbro (and every other toy company) does not exist to please us solely, regardless of how we think they do.

Peace.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:37 PM by Spectre »
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 11:44 PM »
Hey, no harm no foul, I just find it to be remarkable that you'd come in here and tell me I "have nothing to better to do with my time" than to complain about Hasbro's figure accuracy.  Earth to Spectre: You are in a action figure collecting forum!! Okay?  You're not on Cnn.com's forums.  This is where we come to do that stuff.  You're in a Star Wars figure collecting forum.  We don't need to be reminded they're "just toys" and be told we have "nothing better to do with our time."  On top of that we're about 24 hours removed from Comic Con photos, I think you're gonna have to deal with us for a while longer.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:52 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 12:11 AM »
I love my hobby, even if sometimes I hate some toys. :-\
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2006, 12:52 AM »
Me too, this is a figure I love although. Hey, Hasbro could of used the POTJ sculpt! Instead of this sculpt!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Earth to Spectre: You are in a action figure collecting forum!! Okay?  You're not on Cnn.com's forums.  This is where we come to do that stuff.  You're in a Star Wars figure collecting forum.  We don't need to be reminded they're "just toys" and be told we have "nothing better to do with our time." 

You should keep that in mind when you're coming down on Hunter of the Pegs for not being into clones. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2006, 05:36 PM »
If this figure is "movie accurate" I will be buying 20.  If this figure is a repaint of VTSC biker scout with slight retooling I still will be buying 20.  Either way at the end of the day, I will be handing my money over to my pimp, hasbro. :P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2006, 06:43 PM »
But buy buying 20 whether the figure is "accurate" or not, you're giving Hasbro the green light to cut more corners.  Hopefully they don't get the idea that they should just repaint a VOTC Boba Fett with silver and blue and call it Jango.  Or, hey, matbe they should repaint a Qui-Gon body and call it Count Dooku...I mean, if accracy doesn't matter, they should even bother making any sculpts.

Also, as far as the Vintage figures not being that accurate, you must remember that there was very little reference for us collectors to look at.  In 1978, the only place that I could actually see Walrus man was in the movie.  Today, with all of the books and home video, accuracy is important.  And as I said before, Hasbro has shown us that they can make a very accurate, excellent figure.  The BARC isn't one.

One more thing.  If this was a new sculpt, and accurate to the film, I'd buy at least 5-10.  Since it's not, I will buy only one for my collection. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2006, 07:11 PM »
But buy buying 20 whether the figure is "accurate" or not, you're giving Hasbro the green light to cut more corners.  Hopefully they don't get the idea that they should just repaint a VOTC Boba Fett with silver and blue and call it Jango.  Or, hey, matbe they should repaint a Qui-Gon body and call it Count Dooku...I mean, if accracy doesn't matter, they should even bother making any sculpts.

Also, as far as the Vintage figures not being that accurate, you must remember that there was very little reference for us collectors to look at.  In 1978, the only place that I could actually see Walrus man was in the movie.  Today, with all of the books and home video, accuracy is important.  And as I said before, Hasbro has shown us that they can make a very accurate, excellent figure.  The BARC isn't one.

One more thing.  If this was a new sculpt, and accurate to the film, I'd buy at least 5-10.  Since it's not, I will buy only one for my collection. 

Speedermike,
I understand your frustration.  I think Hasbro is going to cut corners no matter what.  It seems to be a part of their business ethic.

My support for this particular figure is great because I personally think the VTSC biker scout is one of the best sculpts ever made.  I bought 20 myself.  Like I said, if the BARC trooper is a repaint of the VTSC biker scout with slight retooling; we will only pay $6-$7 for a originally priced $12-13 VTSC figure with a repaint.  It is kinda like the sandtrooper situation right now, almost everyone is eating that figure up.  Plus, the final product isn't out yet.

Now if I said I will be buying 20 of the new #59 clone trooper 5th fleet security with a few new blue markings, then I see your point.  Hope that puts you in a different perspective.

One more thing.  Check out "The final 22 thread".  Pretty much everyone is excited about the BARC trooper repaint.  Jump on the bandwagon! ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 07:41 PM by Kit »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Wow, this figure looks really nice. I don't really care about the differences between the Scout Trooper and BARC trooper, so this figure is awesome. Super Poseability and a spiffy camo paint job; doesn't get much better than that.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Y'know, I've never jumped a bandwagon in my life, and I'm not about to start. If I find a figure dissapointing, the fact that everyone else likes it won't make a difference. (With this kind of logic, my favorite movie would be Titanic, not Star Wars!)

That being said  ;D the BIG difference between the BARC and the Sandtrooper figure is that the Santrooper is very, very accurate!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2006, 10:21 PM »
I'm thinking of it this way:

If it's ROTS accurate (and judging from the pics, it isn't), then good for everyone. If it's just a repainted VTSC Biker, I'll use it as a Camo Scout Trooper and wait for the ROTS accurate one. If it's a POTJ Scout repaint, then it's staying on the shelves.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2006, 11:35 PM »
Y'know, I've never jumped a bandwagon in my life, and I'm not about to start. If I find a figure dissapointing, the fact that everyone else likes it won't make a difference. (With this kind of logic, my favorite movie would be Titanic, not Star Wars!)

That being said  ;D the BIG difference between the BARC and the Sandtrooper figure is that the Santrooper is very, very accurate!!
Who compared "movie accuracy" between the BARC trooper and the sandtrooper?    I said if the BARC trooper is a repaint of the VTSC biker scout with slight retooling, we will be getting our money's worth because we will end up paying $6-7 for a figure who was originally $12-13.  For some, that is a great deal and is the whole idea of buying more; just like the sandtrooper/VOTC stormtrooper scenario.

C'mon now, let's not piss off the Titanic fans.