Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84521 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Battle of Death Star (Yavin) Wave
« Reply #90 on: June 3, 2006, 03:20 PM »
You mean between cloth and a separately sculpted jacket piece?  I'd say the separately sculpted...  I'm not opposed to cloth most of the time though, but I'm having some Leia Collection flashbacks on the thought of a new Ceremonial Luke with cloth jacket...  The POTF2 basic's sculpted jacket was nice, it was his ripped sculpt and goofy "lean" that I hated...  I would definitely be into a new sculpt Luke Ceremony then.

I don't think I described it the way I meant to.  I meant like a sculpted-on jacket, like the old Ceremonial Luke, or the old Bespin Han.  I guess they could do soft-goods, but I wasn't impressed with the soft-goods jacket they did before, and don't know that they could do it any better today.  Another option, I suppose, would be a flexible-plastic removable jacket, with separate jacket arms, also removable (like the removable Jedi robes on Agen Kolar or whoever it was last year).  I don't know how that would look, but it would be nice to have a removable jacket, since there were some photos taken of Hamill wearing just the black shirt underneath. . .

The Han is so-so, yeah...  Still, it's a Han they haven't done yet.  I think his sleeves are full-length too (ooooo!), but it'd be different. 

By God, you're right!

Maybe a nice smirking face sculpt...  :)

They better do this for a face sculpt:

And this is how 'Scum described the wave, in a report from last October:

Han Solo
This version of the rogue will utilize interchangeable parts not unlike the Dagobah Luke Skywalker figure from the OTC line. He’ll be packed with a headset (so he can tell his farmboy friend to blow that thing so they can go home…), interchangeable hands so the figure can have gloves or bare hands, and a medal (!!!).

Luke Skywalker
He’s just blown up the Death Star and about to live all his dreams. The future is looking bright for Luke, so he throws on his stylish yellow jacket (no doubt to impress that hot brunette he just rescued), and goes to get himself a medal of honour. This version of Ceremony Luke will be a complete resculpt.

Rebel Sentry
Remember that Rebel Soldier on sentry duty? You know, the dude in the crows nest scanning the Falcon as it approaches the Rebel Base? We’ll here he is, and if a totally new sculpt isn’t enough for this army builder, he comes complete with his with his little fort in the sky.

Gold Leader
Whoa. Before you go into the forums and say how much the Gold Leader figure packed in with the Y-Wing bit, read the rest of this description. The figure will most likely be built upon the wicked Dutch Vander body, but with a repainted helmet and a totally new head sculpt.

Death Star Trooper
This figure is going to be slightly retooled, but who can say if that’s going to be just a new head sculpt , a repaint, or a total kit bash.

But I've been thinking about something, and it's really disturbing.  What if, by "new Ceremonial Luke and Han," they're not really talking about the end of A New Hope at all, but, instead, this:

:o

"Luke Skywalker with Drag Queen Make-up To-Hide-Post-Car-Wreck-Plastic-Surgery-Scars paint job"
"Han Solo with Disinterested Look Upon Face headsculpt"

Maybe one day, we'll get "Chewbacca with Life Day Robes" and "Leia with Powdered Nose and Horrible Singing Voice Chip" that will make us all long for the CommTECH days.

Okay, maybe not.

But you guys all know you'd buy a Life Day Robes Chewie.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 09:56 PM by Grandma Tarkin »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: June 3, 2006, 04:52 PM »
The POTF2 basic Luke Ceremony has a separately sculpted jacket on it already...  I knew what you meant then.  Yeah that's what I'd prefer myself (separately sculpted jacket) over the cloth jacket of the "Leia Collection" Luke that looked sort of ok, but too bulky ultimately with the stitching details that were necessary.

And hell yes I'd buy a lifeday Chewbacca...  I'd be a Bea Arthur figure in a heartbeat and not regret it.  I'm not a Holiday Special Hater...  It reminds me that Lucas is a whore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 3, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Regarding the pic above.  I hope we eventually get all 4 of those different officer uniforms.

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 3, 2006, 11:12 PM »
" Death Star Trooper
This figure is going to be slightly retooled, but who can say if that’s going to be just a new head sculpt , a repaint, or a total kit bash "

... begins trembling in excitement and a feeling dread....

Oh I sooooooooo wish they get it right this time. I don't think I can last another odd number of years for another one.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 4, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I feel pretty confident that the new DS Trooper will be an Imperial Officer body with the DS Trooper head and helmet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 4, 2006, 02:57 PM »
I feel pretty confident that the new DS Trooper will be an Imperial Officer body with the DS Trooper head and helmet.

Anyone have any photo's of this guy from ROTJ?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 5, 2006, 12:32 AM »

Just as long as he gets a DH-17

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 5, 2006, 12:50 AM »
I don't think it will be a simple kitbash on the Death Star Trooper... I could be wrong, but I think they'll use a new sculpt.  They did a new sculpt for the Gunner figure, so I don't see why they won't on the Death Star Trooper too.

:)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 5, 2006, 09:21 AM »
I don't think it will be a simple kitbash on the Death Star Trooper... I could be wrong, but I think they'll use a new sculpt.  They did a new sculpt for the Gunner figure, so I don't see why they won't on the Death Star Trooper too.

:)

The early rumor lists, that have turned out to be true, listed him as a kitbash. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 7, 2006, 01:26 AM »
How this wave should be:
Ceremony Luke (SA,New)
Death Star Trooper (SA,New)
Rebel Sentry Guard (SA,New)
Ceremony Han (VOTC re-hash w/ New Torso)
X-Wing Pilot (VTSC Luke re-hash)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: June 7, 2006, 01:59 AM »
The best place to see the jumpsuited DST's is on Endor, Anton...  They're more abundant and stationary for longer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 8, 2006, 11:10 AM »
I see in today's Hasbro update (on the front page) with the hybrid Naboo/Endor figures, they claim this is the "last wave of the 2006 Saga Collection Basic Figures".  I wonder what this holds for the rumored Death Star/Yavin wave.  I hope that we still see this in some capacity, I was looking forward to this wave.  Hasbro's information has been known to be a little off in some cases, so maybe it is still coming - or it will be the "1st wave of 2007" that we'll see in Nov/Dec like often happens.  Either way, I hope we still see these later this year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 8, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Bummer if this wave is indeed bumped or canceled. Seems odd though since that means there are only two more waves due for '06

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: June 8, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Will they be...
 - cancelled?
 - included in Saga 2007?
 - the start of OTC Version 2.0 (for the DVD release)?

Guess we wait and see.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: June 8, 2006, 12:34 PM »
I'll make a total guess and say that we'll still see this wave late this calendar year, but they'll officially be (the first wave of) the 2007 line, and will somehow be marketed as "30th anniversary commemorative action figures."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."