Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84319 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Death Star (Yavin) Wave
« Reply #105 on: June 8, 2006, 01:16 PM »
I hope this wave isn't cancelled.I'll be happy if it's the first wave of 2007,which'll hopefully come out in Nov/Dec,like Carkoon.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 8, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Now that the idea has been brought up, I think that next year will be a completely OT line. OTC2 would be a very good name, but I think the title will correspond with the whole 30th Anniversary more. Hopefully these Yavin figures really will start OTC2...maybe this time, they could start from the begininng and move onwards, unlike the TSC that started with ROTJ, then ESB, then AOTC, then ROTS, then ANH, then ROTJ, and lastly TPM. ::)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 02:14 PM by Roton7 »
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: June 9, 2006, 01:01 AM »
SDCC is still around the corner, and it's only June too...  At the pace we dealt with for the start of the year you never know what's up this year or what we haven't even seen yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2006, 11:55 AM »
I think likely we see a whole slew of figures planned for the rest of 2006 announced at the CC. Even though last year WAS a movie year, typically Hasbro releases several more product announcements for the rest of the year at the CC whether it be more new or recently leaked info. I would be shocked if I'm sitting at the Q&A and they stand up and say.."OK, this is what we got.." and it's a short announcement. 8) 

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2006, 12:04 AM »
If only it was a Lucas Death Star Trooper instead of a Lucas Stormtrooper.............................

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2006, 01:08 PM »
So does anyone know for sure if this wave is:

1) still coming out (after the combined Endor/Naboo wave)
2) getting pushed into next years wave on all new cards
3) getting cancelled alltogether

I'm voting for #1 (obviously).  I think it could still happen.  My Endor Wave of 5 figures is arriving on Monday.  That would leave only 1 more wave of Saga2 for the rest of the year.  That would also be 2 more waves of H/V, but I think wave 2 is due pretty much any day now.  So only 2 more figure waves in the next 4 months just sounds thin compared to the rest of the year.  I figure the Saga30 stuff will start showing up in December like normal.  Any ideas, thoughts, wait for ComiCon I guess?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2006, 01:33 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing. As far as I know, it's been officially canceled as wave 8 '06. I would hope that the planed figures would see the light in a different line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2006, 02:41 PM »
I believe Hasbro at some point a few months back mentioned that they were still going to happen but would be pushed out in one of next years assortments. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2006, 04:40 PM »
So does anyone know for sure if this wave is:

1) still coming out (after the combined Endor/Naboo wave)
2) getting pushed into next years wave on all new cards
3) getting cancelled alltogether

How about both 1 and 2?

What better way to kick off a new assortment, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the first film, than with a wave of new figures from that film's climactic scene?  And technically, they'll be 2007 figures, but they'll show up around Thanksgiving, just like "the next year's product" always does.

That's what I'm guessing, anyway.  But we'll find out for sure in just a few days. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
New 30AC Wave Confirmed: Yavin
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Read the full story at RS

Sounds pretty neat, hopefully the Death Star Trooper is newly sculpted, the POTF2 was ok. Including both a E-11 Rifle and DH-17 Blaster would be cool, but I'm only expecting an E-11.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Yavin (Death Star) Wave
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2006, 10:21 PM »
If they are all new that would be the one of the best wave for '07, since most waves will probally have re-packs/re-paints. :)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: New 30AC Wave Confirmed: Yavin
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Read the full story at RS

Sounds pretty neat, hopefully the Death Star Trooper is newly sculpted, the POTF2 was ok. Including both a E-11 Rifle and DH-17 Blaster would be cool, but I'm only expecting an E-11.

It's VERY good news BUT if it doesn't get a DH-17 and holster I might actually be moved to violence.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2006, 03:27 AM »
Hasbro will probably use the TSC Death Star Gunner mold for the Death Star Trooper. I took the new D.S. Gunner and put on the POTF2 D.S. Trooper helmet and its fits perfect but problem. Jango head sculpt.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2006, 11:55 AM »
Hasbro will probably use the TSC Death Star Gunner mold for the Death Star Trooper. I took the new D.S. Gunner and put on the POTF2 D.S. Trooper helmet and its fits perfect but problem. Jango head sculpt.

I certainly hope not. The gunner body is not the ideal body for the trooper because of the uniform or lack of correct one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but no one seems to mind that the BARC is just a repainted Biker Scout, or that the Conference Room Tarkin is the Rots sculpt.  Seems like people will accept things that are "kinda" accurate these days...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:22 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com