Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84497 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Battle of Yavin (Death Star) Wave
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but no one seems to mind. . .that the Conference Room Tarkin is the Rots sculpt.

Say what?

I've mentioned it here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

And here, too.

And I know I'm not the only one. . .

(P.S. Why is this in the Yavin wave thread?)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:43 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Matthew, I was just pointing out that people were suggesting/commenting that Hasbro could use the DS Gunner for the DST.  While I think this is nuts, some don't seem to notice the difference in the uniforms...and might accept the figure the same was Tarkin is being accapted by many.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2006, 04:25 AM »
Actually the DS Gunner's basic black jumpsuit was a uniform DS Troopers were wearing in ROTJ pretty frequently (on Endor and on the Death Star, though there were also tuniced ones on the Deaht Star).

So I'd NOT mind that, but I'd still prefer a new SA Tuniced Death Star Trooper, no doubt...  :)

And it'd definitely not be accurate for the DST's in A New HOpe... Though I think that one at the gunner station for the super laser maybe was wearing a jumpsuit, I forget now.  The majority were definitely the guys in tunics, and there's definitely a grey tuniced "Officer" DST in one of the command consoles in scenes with Tarkin.  In particular I believe the scene where he has Leia brought to him to blow up Alderaan.

I saw a cool bit of cut footage once of that scene without the special effects and not edited together.  You can see the DS Trooper in that console clear as sunshine and he's in a grey officer's uniform but wearing the black helmet and gauntlets.  Very cool...  :)  I'd love that vintage Death Squad Commander paint variant then.

Anyway, I'm obviously drifting here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Oh yeah!  A black on and a grey one would be excellent!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Really hope that after this year Hasbro NEVER re-packs a POTF2 figure again! (Or for that matter a TPM line figure!) So that would mean Luke & the DST have to be new.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:19 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 3, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Actually the DS Gunner's basic black jumpsuit was a uniform DS Troopers were wearing in ROTJ pretty frequently (on Endor and on the Death Star, though there were also tuniced ones on the Deaht Star).

So I'd NOT mind that, but I'd still prefer a new SA Tuniced Death Star Trooper, no doubt...  :)

And it'd definitely not be accurate for the DST's in A New HOpe... Though I think that one at the gunner station for the super laser maybe was wearing a jumpsuit, I forget now.  The majority were definitely the guys in tunics, and there's definitely a grey tuniced "Officer" DST in one of the command consoles in scenes with Tarkin.  In particular I believe the scene where he has Leia brought to him to blow up Alderaan.

I saw a cool bit of cut footage once of that scene without the special effects and not edited together.  You can see the DS Trooper in that console clear as sunshine and he's in a grey officer's uniform but wearing the black helmet and gauntlets.  Very cool...  :)  I'd love that vintage Death Squad Commander paint variant then.

Anyway, I'm obviously drifting here.

What you call "drifting", I call preaching!!!!  Keep on telling it Brother!!!!! 

DST is now #1 on my non main character COMPLETE resculpt list.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 4, 2006, 11:50 AM »
With the re-tooled Endor Rebel Soldiers coming out, this gives me hope that a re-tooled Imperial Trooper won't stink.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #127 on: August 5, 2006, 02:46 AM »
For those still concerned about the fate of this wave, Hasbro confirmed it in this week's Q & A:

Earlier in the year there were rumors of a wave consisting of ANH Ceremonial Han, ANH Ceremonial Luke, and a Rebel Sentry. Were these figures only just rumors, or have they been delayed to fit into the 30th Anniversary Collection? (SWC, 8/04/06)

A Yavin wave was slotted for '06, but has now been moved to the 30th anniv. line. The reason was because they were running very late in sculpting and didn't look like they were going to make 2006, so we pushed them out. Subsequently, we developed waves 7 & 8 of Saga to continue to fill the demand for basic figures.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 5, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Even better. Perhaps they'll take time for a Trooper re-do. 8)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2006, 04:19 AM »
I'm wholely expecting an honor guard as opposed to the Sentry in the tower...  What with the Ceremonial Han and Luke...  I'm just thinking what's coming isn't the sentry with the scanning gun and such despite what was rumored.

I'm all for any non-suck RFT though. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2006, 10:04 AM »
Over the years, I've found that very few people ask for a new sculpt ANH Ceremonial Luke for some reason.  In my case, I made a custom version by combining the head, jacket, and arms of the carded version with the torso/legs of the Leia collection version (which is considerably smaller) and got a nice compromise.  Now that we're finally getting a resculpt, I'm looking forward to him more than even the others from this wave.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2006, 10:36 AM »
A little OT OT here, back in 1978 when we knew there was going to be a "Star Wars 2", we just assumed that Luke would wear that ceremonial outfit in the new movie.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I've always loved the Luke Ceremonial outfit and it's been one of my most-wanted resculpts for a few years now.  The POTF2 version was decent for the time, but things have improved so much since then that a new one could be really amazing.

(And speaking of Ceremonial Luke, I didn't know until recently that his jacket was the same type used for Walrus Man and Greedo, and the Rebel pilots in Empire.  Pretty interesting.  More here.)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2006, 10:55 AM »
A little OT OT here, back in 1978 when we knew there was going to be a "Star Wars 2", we just assumed that Luke would wear that ceremonial outfit in the new movie.

That's interesting, thanks for posting that.  I always enjoy hearing what people were thinking when rumors first started of "Star Wars 2" or 3 as well.  I was a little younger (born in 77), so the first Star Wars movie I actually saw in the theatres was ROTJ.  I always enjoy hearing people's thoughts after seeing the original "Star Wars", then going into the sequels.  Maybe we need a thread for that :)

Anyways, back on topic, I'm really looking forward to this wave as well.  As Matthew mentioned, the Ceremonial Luke in POTF2 was pretty nice for the time, but they could really make it amazing now.  Looking forward to this wave overall, hopefully it won't be too deep into 2007.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2006, 11:24 AM »
I am just happy we are going to still get the Rebel Sentry. I just hope he comes with his little floating post.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"