Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84836 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2007, 02:23 PM »
Finally found something from this wave this morning... went on a 3 hour run, came back with a lone DST.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Well I opened him up finally - I know he's not perfect, and the knees are a little ridiculous - but I really really like this figure.  I'm going to try to pick up 15 or 20 of them at least.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2007, 08:39 PM »
Check out this great pic showing how many Rebel Honor Guards there were:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2007, 08:52 PM »

Looks like about 10?  5 and 5 on either side of the staircase up top and everyone else down below looks like RFTs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2007, 09:01 PM »
wow i didnt even know there was that many in the movie. never even noticed that shot watching the movie :S
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 22, 2007, 10:26 AM »

Check out the guys in the lower frame with the ball caps. Looks like Honor guard outfits. All one needs to do is pick up some Joes with ball caps and ya have some new customs to make.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 22, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Didn't have time to check it out the movie, but aren't there guards by the door as the trio comes in, too?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Didn't have time to check it out the movie, but aren't there guards by the door as the trio comes in, too?

Yes indeed.  That's where the image on the cardback comes from.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Yep, the guys behind the trenchcoat generals have a similar if not identical outfit with the Rebel Honor Guards, except they wear caps.  And there were RHG at the entrance to the temple as well.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 22, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Cool! I guess I need 12...

I saw this figure in person about a week ago...hes better than I first expected. I passed because I figured I'll see him again. He is better than the DST by far, I will get quite a few because of this.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #325 on: April 22, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Yep, the guys behind the trenchcoat generals have a similar if not identical outfit with the Rebel Honor Guards, except they wear caps.  And there were RHG at the entrance to the temple as well.

The two capped men behind the generals have actually uniqe uniforms and if you look closely you can see the substantial differences.  The chap on the left there has an ascot, anda much more tailored costume on...  I believe his uniform features noticeable buttons, and his cap's brim might be a little shorter...

The chap on the right has a less tailored uniform, and his ilk can be seen standing ahead of Fleet Troopers in some areas.  I also have noted some color differences but they're fairly unnoticeable.

You can see in the long shot how the brims on the hats between the two uni styles vary a noticeable bit.  There are also "logos" centered on some of the hats (for the untailored uniform), similar to those of the human crewmen aboard Home One...  I have never been able to clearly identify the shape/design of the logo, and it's up in the air if the logo denotes the regiment/legion these individuals belong to, or their ship/fleet logo perhaps...  ship/fleet logos are in the X-Wing games but they're much more akin to aquatic shapes and seem very Mon Calamari-ish in look.

I've always felt that, like the Empire, the uniform style may as much an indicator of rank/station as the various Imperial uniforms we see that don't show visible rank indication on them.

On the two uniforms you'll note the collars, belts, cut/style, and hats are distinctly different between the two though, and also the color is pretty clearly lighter on the "tailored" uniform whereas the untailored uniform is more a dark brown or greenish color. 

The Rebel Honor Guard more closely matches the less tailored costume in color and uniform cut, however I am not home to dig through all my photos and books to compare either to see if the Honor Guards wear yet another unique style uniform.

Add to this then the unique "tech" uniforms (there are 2 distinct styles, one I have come to assume as the "chief" or officer in charge of the techs/mechanics and maintenance crews), Dodonna/Antilles uniforms, Fleet Trooper uniforms, and of course the Pilots, and that's a lot of variety really, but still a distinctly "uniform" culture indicating a large structured military body, which contradicts most EU interpretation of the Rebel Alliance save for source material, games and such.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I noticed the entire 2nd wave is currently in stock at HTS.com.  The McQuarrie Fett doesn't seem to show up on the "30th Anniversary Collection" page, but if you search for him he is shown as in stock as well.

EDIT: Sorry, Fett looks to be gone now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:37 PM by Brian »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2007, 03:44 PM »
As is the Death Star Trooper.

Man, I can't catch a break.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2007, 05:12 PM »
McBoba and McStormie were in stock for only a couple of minutes.  DST lasted for about an hour, there were at least 60 in stock.  The GM's sold out in an hour and a half.

I managed to get  2 mcstormies, 2 mcbobas and 4 dst's

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2007, 05:31 PM »

The two capped men behind the generals have actually uniqe uniforms and if you look closely you can see the substantial differences.  The chap on the left there has an ascot, anda much more tailored costume on...  I believe his uniform features noticeable buttons, and his cap's brim might be a little shorter...

The chap on the right has a less tailored uniform, and his ilk can be seen standing ahead of Fleet Troopers in some areas.  I also have noted some color differences but they're fairly unnoticeable.

You can see in the long shot how the brims on the hats between the two uni styles vary a noticeable bit.  There are also "logos" centered on some of the hats (for the untailored uniform), similar to those of the human crewmen aboard Home One...  I have never been able to clearly identify the shape/design of the logo, and it's up in the air if the logo denotes the regiment/legion these individuals belong to, or their ship/fleet logo perhaps...  ship/fleet logos are in the X-Wing games but they're much more akin to aquatic shapes and seem very Mon Calamari-ish in look.

I've always felt that, like the Empire, the uniform style may as much an indicator of rank/station as the various Imperial uniforms we see that don't show visible rank indication on them.

On the two uniforms you'll note the collars, belts, cut/style, and hats are distinctly different between the two though, and also the color is pretty clearly lighter on the "tailored" uniform whereas the untailored uniform is more a dark brown or greenish color. 

The Rebel Honor Guard more closely matches the less tailored costume in color and uniform cut, however I am not home to dig through all my photos and books to compare either to see if the Honor Guards wear yet another unique style uniform.

Add to this then the unique "tech" uniforms (there are 2 distinct styles, one I have come to assume as the "chief" or officer in charge of the techs/mechanics and maintenance crews), Dodonna/Antilles uniforms, Fleet Trooper uniforms, and of course the Pilots, and that's a lot of variety really, but still a distinctly "uniform" culture indicating a large structured military body, which contradicts most EU interpretation of the Rebel Alliance save for source material, games and such.

Oh ascot's why'd they have to go out of style  :P  But seriously maybe variations such as that might have to do with the Alliance laxness of such things.  I only say this because they've seemed to be much more of a guerilla force then anything at the time.  Sure they're structured but I'm sure argument could be made about the structure of the military mights in the American Civil War hell they were lucky to have socks.  :-\  Ever notice though that some of the RFT's helmets don't seem to have the black visor thingy.  Look at the pic above on the right side he's the lone RFT at the end and there no sign of it, also it's noticable in the Capture of the Tantive IV.  Has it been mentioned if it's a visor/goggle?  Always thought it'd be cool to have a Heads Up Display.  Also the RHG's closer to Luke have brown pants but seem to have the same uniform otherwise.  Either way I'm really happy with the figure and my only complaint really being the leg stance and that the DS Trooper and RHG should've been able to swith heads.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge