Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84523 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2007, 07:56 PM »
The thing that works against the "mismatch" argument is that the ascot guys are lined up fairly uniformly, separated by the untailored uniformed guys who are also lined up fairly uniformly, etc...  IE: the uniforms do seem to indicate something...  what that is, who knows, but it's my assumption it's more along the lines of rank or station than just that some guys could afford a more tailored suit and others couldn't...

I look at them much different than a guerilla force though...  To me the base/hidden fortress we see in ANH that's moved to Hoth in ESB is the Rebel's attempt at incursions into the inner rim worlds, and into the heart of the Empire...  A guerilla tactic of hitting major space lanes, trade routes, and planets/military instillations that will gain a lot more attention than duking it out in the Outer Rim, the Fronteir Worlds, unexplored space, etc., where I feel things have gone on for most of the war till just before ANH.

The Fleet Trooper helmets are a mix too...  Some have what seems like a solid visor too, not just missing it but it's there just all white.  Then there's some with visors down, some up...  And how do they put the visor down and/or up?  Weird.  I could see the helmet though transmitting some data tot eh wearer like a simplistic HUD.  That's not out of the realm of reality now, much less a technologically advanced fictional galaxy, and the Stormies supposedly have the same deal going to some extent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 24, 2007, 06:01 PM »
Oh agree with you Jesse, but it does say in the beginning that it's a period of civil war and the rebel alliance has just made their first victory against the Galactic Empire.  Piont being it's really just the begining.  And that's kind of what I meant by guerrilla force because this being there first victory it seems that they've gotten their asses handed to them in there previous encounters or all they've really done are "hit and fade" tactics disrupting commerce "acquiring" supplies and stealing the plans is really their first attempt at actual WAR.  I understand what you mean about pushing their way into the Core worlds, but their previos base being on Dantooine which was to remote and Hoth being an unpopulated system I'm not sure that they're really making a push as it were.  And as I kinda pointed out before during our own civil war you know the General's and all around guys in charge were the ones with the fancy clothes while the grunts got whatever they could find.  During Empire we see them a lot more organized and seem well supplied.  I  know this has been a little off subject, but I'll add one more thing was it wise for Leia to be cruising around in a ship that's crewed by people in "Rebel" uniforms?  Was Vader saying she's guilty by association?   
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2007, 01:24 PM »
By the way, when are we going to get Spaceballs figures? I want ones just like Dark Helmet was playing with.

I'd buy them too.   ;D

:P

I have been asking for those since i first saw the movie.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Just a heads up, but McQuarrie Fett (and Stormie), Death Star Trooper, and Rebel Honor Guard are in stock at HTS.com again, for those interested.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:39 PM by Brian »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2007, 02:43 PM »
Just a heads up, but McQuarrie Fett (and Stormie), Death Star Trooper, and Rebel Honor Guard are in stock at HTS.com again, for those interested.

Not anymore for the McQuarrie figures.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Yeah, I see that now.  Sorry, I posted as soon as I saw it :).  That's the second time this week I've checked their site after I got back from lunch, and things have been in stock.  It might be the time to check things out.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2007, 02:54 PM »
As is the Death Star Trooper.

Man, I can't catch a break.

Again.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Didn't they just put a 2 per limit on figures? That's still fast.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 27, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I got a chance to open some of these this week, and although it might not be the most exciting character - the Rebel Honor Guard is a pretty nifty figure.  Nicely articulated, nice helmet, and a couple of accessories.  If we could only get some other Rebel troops in this super-articulated style (Hoth Rebels, Endor Rebels, Fleet Troops, etc.)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 27, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I agree Brian... and it might be the best Rebel Trooper type figure they've ever done.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #340 on: May 5, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Man does Luke's head sculpt suck ass.  It looks absolutely NOTHING like Mark Hammill and the paint is awful.  I know we've talked about it ad naseum but they cannot nail that head to save their life.  Harrison Ford they have down to a tee and Mark they puke out **** figure after figure.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 5, 2007, 10:58 AM »
I got a chance to open some of these this week, and although it might not be the most exciting character - the Rebel Honor Guard is a pretty nifty figure.  Nicely articulated, nice helmet, and a couple of accessories.  If we could only get some other Rebel troops in this super-articulated style (Hoth Rebels, Endor Rebels, Fleet Troops, etc.)

I agree Brian... and it might be the best Rebel Trooper type figure they've ever done.

I'm with you, too! I really like this guy...and he's well done. I commented a while back, when pics first appeared, that he was the most boring character I had ever been really excited about. :D It's neat to have background rebel guys from old school Star Wars.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 5, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Man does Luke's head sculpt suck ass.  It looks absolutely NOTHING like Mark Hammill and the paint is awful.  I know we've talked about it ad naseum but they cannot nail that head to save their life.  Harrison Ford they have down to a tee and Mark they puke out **** figure after figure.

Amen to that.  I finally got around to opening my Battle of Yavin wave Luke and the paint apps just suck on the head.  It's too bad too, because the figure isn't bad at all.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #343 on: May 5, 2007, 03:31 PM »

Amen to that.  I finally got around to opening my Battle of Yavin wave Luke and the paint apps just suck on the head.  It's too bad too, because the figure isn't bad at all.
That's my biggest disappointment.   The figure body is superb but the head likeness and paint sucks ass :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 5, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Having just found and opened these (minus Fett, whadda shock) I'd have to agree about Luke.  The Han figure is pretty amazing for likeness and then some yellow headed kid has on Luke's garb. 

As another gripe, the arms on Biggs suck: shoulder and wrist on the left arm and bad should articulation at that?  Yeesh, every other figure in the wave (haven't seen Fett) has nice shoulders, why should this suck so badly? 

I am digging the removeable helmets with straps on the figures, that's a nice touch. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.