Answering my own question...Star Wars Basic Figures
- Pick and choose from the modern figures, picking up most of the new stuff (all new OT figures), vehicles is a case by case basis, and we don't see any beasts. I need to fill in some holes as well that I missed from POTF2 (a few figures, Rebo Band, beasts, vehicles). I still have aspirations of continuing with my vintage figure collection, but its been put on the backburner all year.LEGO
- I do like some of this stuff, but just don't have the money/space. I kind of liked the MINI line, which seems to be done now. I do think this would be fun to collect though.Kubricks
- I think these are great, just like nearly everyone else - but I got on the boat way too late. Not too mention I probably can't afford it, but at this point I'm so many figures behind it would always bug me who I was missing. Really wish I had gotten in on the ground floor with these though, I might continue to pick one up here and there though.Posters
- I have some, would like to get more. Wall space is an issue.Gentle Giant
- I was getting a few bust ups, but gave it up. They are nice though, just have to start cutting some things. I got my first Mini Bust (Han on the cheap from Amazon), and after that I want more. I have Chewie preordered, and might try to get more of these here and there. The Animated statues are awesome, but out of range, the Mrs. said "no" on those too
- If they continue with new figures, I'm in - particularly on OT characters. Kind of my "statue" line, since its one I can afford.Unleashed Battle Packs (2")
- I thought about the Hoth ones, but haven't seen them yet. Again, I don't need more lines, so I'll likely stay away.Galactic Heroes
- I like these a lot, and hope to hand them down if we ever have a kid. I'll continue to pick up new OT sets, maybe select PT sets.Master Replicas
- Always say it, but my goal is to someday get a Luke FX saber - either style. I really wish I could afford the high end stuff, like Han's blaster, but there's no way. If they ever do an "FX" version that's cheaper, I'll figure out a way to make it happen.Sideshow
- I have the 12" Han Bespin preordered, and was highly tempted on the Jabba. Still on the fence with these. I would really like to collect them, but know deep down I probably can't afford it without giving up nearly everything (or everything) else I collect. I just don't want this to be another "Kubricks" situation for me where I try to get in on things later and regret skipping earlier releases. If I did go with these, it would be OT only, and I've missed out on the Jabba (its amazing, can't afford). I may preorder the Boussh Leia just in case, and we'll see.Hallmark Ornaments
- OT ornaments. Working on doing some catch up with the numbered ones from each year, and the "magic/light up" vehicles. I skip the smaller ones though, and prequel, so basically just a couple a year."Other"
- I've still got to pick up the Star Wars glass set from BK, but have the other two (and the Target glasses). There's always miscellaneous stuff here and there (the BK toys last year), but overall it should be limited to the stuff listed above.
Overall, I'm getting to the point where its just the Hasbro basic stuff, Galactic Heroes, Unleashed 7" (if they make it), and the some Marvel/DC stuff. The more expensive stuff that interests me the most is the Mini Busts, 12" Sideshow, and Master Replicas. I'd like to collect one of those in at least a limited capacity, but we'll see if we can afford for me to do that or not. Not sure which way to go either. I'm leaning towards Sideshow, but (although I think they are worth it) $50+ each adds up pretty fast. I'm just getting to the point where I really look how much I spend on this stuff, and it seems silly in some aspects. Not that I don't enjoy it, but it does really add up throughout the year. I should have never started keeping track