Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 85160 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2008, 05:26 PM »
Well, I bought my PS3 along with TFU and I'm really enjoying the whole thing! It's my first next gen console and game, though, so I don't have anything to compare TFU to, but nonetheless I really like it.

I'm planning on buying more titles, like Assassin's Creed and Resistance: Fall of Man, which are platinum now. Guess TFU will drop below those on the list then, seeing the reviews and reactions of members  ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Lightside down. Now I just have to beat it on Dark side, at Sith Master, and get those last few achievements. I have a feeling Sith Master is going to suck balls...

I beat the game yesterday, but did not see a decision point where you could go light or dark side.  Did I miss something?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Lightside down. Now I just have to beat it on Dark side, at Sith Master, and get those last few achievements. I have a feeling Sith Master is going to suck balls...

I beat the game yesterday, but did not see a decision point where you could go light or dark side.  Did I miss something?

You either go save Kotta by attacking the Emperor and finish with the light side ending OR you go try to finish off Vader and get the dark ending.

Sith Lord is fairly annoying. It isn't one of those games where it just the harder difficulty makes you take more damage and it puts more bad guys on. It is the most annoying kind where all the ******* guys are suddenly 10x as strong. I just played Paraxis (or whatever the junk Jedi's name is) several times and I barely even took off 1/10 of his health before I died. He blocks everthing. Lightning does almost no damage. Throwing **** at him seems to be the same. I either miss or it does very little. Has anyone here beat him on Sith Lord?
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Anyone get the Wii version? graphics yes are not that great, but the remote makes its awsome. The new Sith Lords are cool in the Jedi Temple and that Jedi in the junk yard is cool.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2008, 07:12 PM »

You either go save Kotta by attacking the Emperor and finish with the light side ending OR you go try to finish off Vader and get the dark ending.

Sith Lord is fairly annoying. It isn't one of those games where it just the harder difficulty makes you take more damage and it puts more bad guys on. It is the most annoying kind where all the ******* guys are suddenly 10x as strong. I just played Paraxis (or whatever the junk Jedi's name is) several times and I barely even took off 1/10 of his health before I died. He blocks everthing. Lightning does almost no damage. Throwing **** at him seems to be the same. I either miss or it does very little. Has anyone here beat him on Sith Lord?

I beat him on Sith Lord. It was all about using the lightning.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Finished off the Wii version today, and it dose not give you the "choice" Only one problem the way it ends, dose not connect with what happens in New Hope totaly. For one that Leia and Bail are members of the RA in a NH even though its still kind of keep under raps. At the end of TFU its clear its not under raps any more and Vader and Emperor know they are part of the RA.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Leia was a prominent figure in the Rebel Alliance....just the Empire didn't know it.  Even when the Empire showed up to arrest everyone, Leia was only there via video conference through Proxy.

I thought the story was great, I just wish the game was longer.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43 PM »
Wasn't one of Vader's first lines to her in ANH "You are a traitor and a member of a rebel alliance!" ?
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Wasn't one of Vader's first lines to her in ANH "You are a traitor and a member of a rebel alliance!" ?
Ya but she says she is a member of the Imperial Seante on a diplomatic mission.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2008, 08:48 PM »
All part of her cover though...  She's trying to save her ass, and doing the "diplomatic protest" thing to basically say "nah nah, you can't touch me".  The Imperial senate itself seems to be an issue for Palps/Vader until the DS's construction is completed.  WIth the "ultimate weapon" in action now, they're planning on using THAT to keep everyone in check.  It seems to me that there's a good many years between E3 and E4 where there's political turmoil and in-fighting.  I guess the declaration of a new Empire didn't mean the declaration of a totalitarian dictatorship by any means, and that many planets were threatening to reopen a galactic-wide war if they didn't have their fair say in a Senate.

Palpatine/Vader must go through a lot of **** for a long time I'm guessing, and then in ANH the DS is built and Palpatine dissolves the Imperial Senate based on the news that it's ready to roll.  Tarkin, who seems to be quite high-ranking, takes it for a test-drive and uses it to A) make a statement to the galaxy as a whole by blowing up a core world in Alderaan, and then B) also is using it in an attempt to hand the Rebels their collective asses, and hopefully quell any other upstarts.

I've not played the game through yet but that still jives to me...  They know Leia's "involved" they just are having a harder time proving she's active.  Catching her stealing secret documents though and giving them away?  That's a good way to put the Rebel logo to her publicly and out her entire planet, perhaps justifying a full-scale invasion of Alderaan at the time?  What better reason to declare martial law than if that planet's leader is a clear traitor to the established government?  Destroying it is just an afterthought by Tarkin to get his point across and deal with a "problem" all at the same time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2008, 01:57 AM »
Something cool about TFU that I was just noticing tonight as I got to the one Jedi...

I just find it very interesting how they're playing up the Jedi characters in this game to have sort of "gone off the deep end".  At least some (if not most) of them.  Especially the Jedi on the junk planet, who clearly is off his rocker after Order 66...  Marris Brood's off hers too, in her own way.

Anyway I just found it interesting how they play up some Jedi as going into hiding and slowly losing their minds over the events of Order 66 while others succumb mentally to the Dark Side, and likewise others become heroes making due and trying their best to fight back.

There's some very good storytelling in there to expand this untapped point in the timeline.  It's cool how some Jedi just couldn't take the Jedi Purge mentally and lose it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2008, 05:57 PM »
With the chatter between everyone, it's a real shame there's no on line mulit-player element. That would have clinched it for me to pick it up.

Due to life being hella busy right now, I've only really played around with the first level.   Gotta say, it reminds me quite a bit of Galaxies with the scripted paths and the scenery.   An online multi-player force dueling element would have be aweseome.   Guess we'll just have to wait for the Wii dueling game
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Hopefully that Knights of the Old Republic MMO rumor happens.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2008, 12:23 AM »
I finished the game on PS-2.  From what I can tell, that version got seriously stripped down compared to the next-gen console versions.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 3, 2008, 09:10 AM »
That's it? Everyone's done the game?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."