Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 85142 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Thanks Jayson.  Doesn't look like there's much of a difference where I get the Wii version...  Looks like I'll be stopping at WM on my way into work tomorrow.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2008, 11:18 PM »
Anyone know what store is supposed to have the best deal tomorrow?
"deal" breakdowns

I pre-ordered at TRU to get the best "deal". 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Yeah that $20 card is pretty well worth it.  Nobody else even has a deal...  Unless you count the T-Shirt at Best Buy, which I don't.

I can't believe the massive screwjob caused by the Stormtrooper Commander though.  That's easily the biggest mess revolving around this.  I'm still reluctant to buy the game immediately.  I may wait for a sale, may not.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57 AM »
I picked up my archaic PS-2 version tonight.  And the deal there was that they gave me the figure for free.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I picked up the wii version last night and they gave me a free stormtrooper commander. Someone outside the store also gave me one. I havn't played the game yet. When right to bed.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2008, 02:15 PM »
I picked up the wii version last night and they gave me a free stormtrooper commander. Someone outside the store also gave me one. I havn't played the game yet. When right to bed.

I got my 2 stormtroopers and went to bed. Probably won't play it till either tomorrow or Thursday. Not feeling so well today and going to go home and to bed, and tomorrow night is my turn to fight the kid to put him to sleep so I might have to play it on Thursday after swimming leasons for the little guy.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2008, 08:41 PM »

I got my 2 stormtroopers and went to bed. Probably won't play it till either tomorrow or Thursday. Not feeling so well today and going to go home and to bed, and tomorrow night is my turn to fight the kid to put him to sleep so I might have to play it on Thursday after swimming leasons for the little guy.

You get to take turns putting the kid to bed?! :o  I have to put all three of them to bed every night! Aaah, the joys of Parenthood.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2008, 02:12 AM »
Played through the first two levels this evening. I don't understand why it's getting bad reviews.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2008, 04:18 AM »
Because pulling the ******* Star Destroyer out of the damned sky is impossible, that's why. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2008, 08:29 AM »
Lightside down. Now I just have to beat it on Dark side, at Sith Master, and get those last few achievements. I have a feeling Sith Master is going to suck balls...
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Lightside down. Now I just have to beat it on Dark side, at Sith Master, and get those last few achievements. I have a feeling Sith Master is going to suck balls...

You played through the entire game once? Or is playing dark side part of the storyline?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Yeah I played through (and beat) the game with the light side ending. Light/Dark Side has nothing to do with most of the game, it just changes the ending.
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Wow! That was fast Ryan. I'm in the middle of the second level now. Swinging the wii remote around is exhausting. However, I've got to say using the wii remote is alot of fun for combat even if it gets a little hectic at times trying to do force powers and lightsaber at the same time but I'm getting better at it.

The only thing so far I can complain about the wii version is the crappy cutscenes. They are animated real time by the wii's engine and look terrrible. The lips barely move during talking. There is no motion capture at all. I've seen better looking cutscenes on the original playstation. Too bad they didn't just show a video of the 360/ps3 cutscenes instead.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Ryan, that was fast.  Do you always play through games that fast or is this on just short?   Are you playing on the PS3?

I'm still on the fence on getting the PS3 version or the Wii version.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2008, 02:14 PM »
Wow! That was fast Ryan. I'm in the middle of the second level now. Swinging the wii remote around is exhausting. However, I've got to say using the wii remote is alot of fun for combat even if it gets a little hectic at times trying to do force powers and lightsaber at the same time but I'm getting better at it.

The only thing so far I can complain about the wii version is the crappy cutscenes. They are animated real time by the wii's engine and look terrrible. The lips barely move during talking. There is no motion capture at all. I've seen better looking cutscenes on the original playstation. Too bad they didn't just show a video of the 360/ps3 cutscenes instead.

No kidding. I am getting my ass kicked by Kota. I have died 5-6 times. I get him down to almost nothing and then I can't beat him. That and how do I go back to levels to ensure that I have all the Holocubes and everything else?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!