Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 85161 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2008, 09:14 PM »
I'm up to fighting Shaak Ti on Felucia.  The "boss" combat can get pretty intense and drawn out.  And getting those control sequences to beat the bosses takes a little getting used to.  My only complaint with the game is about the save settings.  It allows you to save at the top of a level, but not at any one spot in the level.  That was one of the things about KOTOR that I really appreciated.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Because pulling the ******* Star Destroyer out of the damned sky is impossible, that's why. >:(

I hear you on that. Im at that part and it's getting kinda frustrating. But I'll pass it. 
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2008, 12:54 AM »
Because pulling the ******* Star Destroyer out of the damned sky is impossible, that's why. >:(

That's where I am!  I was going back and forth with that for 30 minutes before I got killed and decided to try again tomorrow!

Still pretty fun game so far, and the story is interesting.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2008, 07:06 AM »
I'll pick up my copy tomorrow, along with a PS3 console. I figured TFU would be a pretty good excuse to finally buy a next gen console  ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2008, 05:09 PM »
I got past pulling in the Star Destroyer, once you figure out what to do, getting it done isn't so bad...just know that the faster you take care of the TIE fighters the better.

I'm not in the Death Star trying to free the rebels.  I'm kinda stuck in the big room before where you have to activate the lifts to get to the Emperor's observation room.  I just haven't quite figured out what I'm supposed to do yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008, 05:31 PM »
I just haven't quite figured out what I'm supposed to do yet.

Use the force!   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I knew that!  The question is on what and how!   :P
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2008, 08:01 PM »
I knew that!  The question is on what and how!   :P

The floor that glows blue. I finished TFU on Sith Lord difficulty today.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Ryan, that was fast.  Do you always play through games that fast or is this on just short?   Are you playing on the PS3?

I'm still on the fence on getting the PS3 version or the Wii version.

Eh, I guess I just go through them quickly. Assassin's Creed I beat in about two days, including getting all the flags and whatnot. Halo 3 I had beat on Heroic within like 10 hours of starting it. Rainbow 6 Vegas I had done in a few days on realistic. It helps when I skip class when some of these games come out though... :-X

I bought it for 360 rather than PS3. I've got to say I still like my Xbox more and I really like having the achievements for each game. I think any non console exclusive game that I want I'll be getting for 360. I'm mostly only going to buy exclusive titles for PS3.

Not having played the Wii version I think I'd have to recommend you get the 360/PS3 version. The story is such a crucial part of the game and in game movies are great. From what Paul said, it seems like you'll miss out on that with the Wii version.

That's where I am!  I was going back and forth with that for 30 minutes before I got killed and decided to try again tomorrow!

Still pretty fun game so far, and the story is interesting.

Yup that garbage took me at least an hour or so. Easily one of the most frustrating parts I've ever played in a video game. Whoever designed that part needs a swift kick to the balls. For anyone still struggling this is what I did:

Make sure you have your Force lightning powers set to full and if you can Battle Meditation, Max Force powers, and any of those. You can either take cover behind the two indestructible cover pieces or move back and forth between the two. Any time there are TIE fighters I would go to the middle jump up into the air and blast them with my lightning. The camera view/targeting system is frustrating so unless you really have the hang of it they will have to circle by several times. once you start using the force on the Star Destroyer I found it is best to ignore the joystick diagram on the screen, just pay attention to the color. You need the destroyer to be level with the ground and looking right at you, then it has to sit there for a little while until the green light has been on several seconds, then go to town with the pulling. As the next wave of TIEs comes you can usually keep pulling until you only have half of your health or so. Then you have to try and kill the TIEs as quickly as you possibly can. The Star Destroy does tun back to its original heading but I don't think it regains altitude, and if it does it does it much more slowly. Just keep chipping away at it, it may take two or three waves of TIEs before it comes down.

I got past pulling in the Star Destroyer, once you figure out what to do, getting it done isn't so bad...just know that the faster you take care of the TIE fighters the better.

I'm not in the Death Star trying to free the rebels.  I'm kinda stuck in the big room before where you have to activate the lifts to get to the Emperor's observation room.  I just haven't quite figured out what I'm supposed to do yet.

Like Robb said, just avoid the guys all together. Those snipers are too high up to target with the crappy camera angle and there will be too many purge troopers before long. Just run to the blue panels in the middle of the room give it a quick Force Repel and drop on down.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2008, 12:13 AM »
I guess I didn't make it so clear as to where I'm at.  I'm past that big hangar room, and beyond the long tubes where the planet killing beam is coming out.  There's a large room that you have to get to the top of and if you fall to the lower portion there are two AT-ST's and a large glowing (force field maybe?) piece of equipment that I can target, but I cannot get to move when I use the force to try and pull it off the wall, electrocute it or anything.  I've only spent about 15 minutes on it so far, so I just need to figure out how to turn on the lifts.

Ryan, neat strategy of electrocuting the TIEs.  I just grabbed them with the force and threw them into each other.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2008, 12:51 AM »
Ryan, neat strategy of electrocuting the TIEs.  I just grabbed them with the force and threw them into each other.

I tired that first but I could NEVER grab them, I got lucky occasionally but the Star Destroy would completely turn back by the time I killed them all.

I guess I didn't make it so clear as to where I'm at.  I'm past that big hangar room, and beyond the long tubes where the planet killing beam is coming out.  There's a large room that you have to get to the top of and if you fall to the lower portion there are two AT-ST's and a large glowing (force field maybe?) piece of equipment that I can target, but I cannot get to move when I use the force to try and pull it off the wall, electrocute it or anything.  I've only spent about 15 minutes on it so far, so I just need to figure out how to turn on the lifts.

Ah, that part is pretty easy too. You can kill the AT-STs if you want but if you sprint around down there you don't have to. That blue thing on the wall you see, grip it and push it in, don't pull it out.  :)
"This is the way."

Offline up2win

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2008, 12:51 PM »
There is a box on the bottom level with the 2 ATST's(Sounds as if you found it).  This actually has to be pushed in, and not pulled out.  Try that and that should activate the lifts.

The game was short, but alot, and I mean alot of fun to play.  I need to go back and do Dark Side tonight!

-Mike

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Cool.  I thought I tried moving it in every possible direction, but maybe I didn't push it in.  They highlighted it in the cutscene so I knew I had to do something with it.

As far as the beginning of the level goes, I was able to kill everyone including ths snipers.  There's a way to jump up to the ledge where the snipers are hanging out.  I ran to the rooms on either side as to not be targeted by them and took out most of the troops and AT-ST's on the floor, but then jumped up and dealt with the snipers.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I caved and bought this tonight...  So far, I'm as unimpressed as I imagined I would be...  Not that it's horrible and I like the story well enough, and that's just how I'm looking at the game right now.  The mechanics of it are NOT good though, and the graphics aren't on par with the more top tier 360 games I own.  After the long waits, to be disappointed in ANY aspect of the game is a frustration to me.  LA could've done a lot better...  I've seen them do better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2008, 10:08 AM »
With the chatter between everyone, it's a real shame there's no on line mulit-player element. That would have clinched it for me to pick it up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."