Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 85151 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2009, 12:37 AM »
Interesting.  I figured they'd abandoned this game.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2009, 01:06 AM »
I'll download a new level if they make one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2009, 03:04 PM »
LONDON, UK– 24th July, 2009 - LucasArts today announced that their hit videogame Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will see further expansion this Fall through a new downloadable level for the Xbox 360â video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATIONâ3 computer entertainment system. In addition, the company also announced Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition, a special new version of the game for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, that will show gamers the deepest, darkest side of the Force in a story that puts them on a collision course with Luke Skywalker himself. Available this holiday season at retail stores, The Ultimate Sith Edition will include all of the original missions found in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well as content previously only available via download and an all-new exclusive bonus level*.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force and casts players as Darth Vader’s “Secret Apprentice,” unveiling new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy seen through the eyes of a mysterious new character armed with unprecedented powers. Originally released in September 2008, the game quickly became the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever, and has since sold six million units worldwide.

About the Tatooine Downloadable Content for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Available this Fall via direct download from the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and the PlayStation®Network, this new downloadable mission continues the story of The Force Unleashed in a new “Infinities” storyline that takes the Star Wars Saga in an entirely new and unexpected direction.

The mission begins at the end of the story of The Force Unleashed and re-imagines the Star Wars Saga as if the Secret Apprentice had killed Darth Vader and taken his place at the Emperor’s side, becoming the most powerful Sith Lord in the universe. The story picks up as the Emperor sends his new apprentice to the planet Tatooine to dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi — who has been hiding on the planet ever since the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. During their hunt for the reclusive Jedi, players will also explore the depths of Jabba the Hutt’s palace and encounter notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Interesting idea.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2009, 12:43 AM »
The Ultimate Sith Edition will indeed include an all-new Hoth level which is exclusive to that disc:

LucasArts has announced that the "Ultimate Sith Edition" of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will hit this fall on PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac, bringing with it two new levels in the Star Wars Infinity canon. One, set on Tatooine, will see Vader's apprentice hunting down and battling Obi-Wan Kenobi, making a stop at Jabba the Hutt's palace along the way. For the other, which takes place on Hoth, the apprentice has become the master, and -- wearing the Vader-esque armor seen above -- scraps with with Luke Skywalker himself.

The Hoth mission will be exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition of the game
; the Tatooine mission, however, will be offered as paid DLC on PS3 and 360 for owners of the less-than-ultimate original game. Additionally, the new edition will include all previously released DLC for The Force Unleashed on disc, including the Jedi Temple mission and various player skins.

Link

I'm so glad I never ponied up for this game the first time around!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2009, 04:36 AM »
Wow, that's kind of lame. They had better not try to pass that off at full price. So I guess I'd better not buy the Tatooine DLC in case I decide to buy the **** Sith Edition. I guess I maybe should try to sell my existing copy then. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Yeah, it's really lame.  I'm sure it'll be full price at first, but hopefully the sales will be horrible and it'll drop like a rock soon after.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Hoth level released as separate DLC sometime after the disc is released.

By the way, the current trade-in value on TFU at Amazon is around $6-8 across the major platforms.  That'll probably drop pretty soon, too, as I'm sure a lot of people will want to unload their copies while they still can.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2009, 11:31 AM »
I'll buy the extra DLC, but no way I'm buying this game twice for an extra mini-mission.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Somehow I have a feeling the Hoth level will also be DLC a month or two after the Ultimate Sith Edition is released.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 4, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Target has TFU on sale this week for $19.99 and I was going to rebuy it for my PS3, but I guess I'll just hold out for the extra levels this November.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Amazon has the new edition for $35... great price if you haven't already got it. I'm waiting for the DLC to hit the PSN, as well. You know it'll be there, eventually. Meanwhile, I've gotten a handful of trophies - sort of fun replaying the game. Finally got the alternate ending - now that was neat.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Forgive me for my misunderstanding of the game

but does anyone know how to activate the duel mode in the pc version (tfu plus dlc 2009)?

Does this option need a cheat word / password?

or maybe there isn´t any duel option for characters in the pc version?

thanks in advance

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:13 PM by EpicGon »

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Amazon has the new edition for $35... great price if you haven't already got it. I'm waiting for the DLC to hit the PSN, as well. You know it'll be there, eventually. Meanwhile, I've gotten a handful of trophies - sort of fun replaying the game. Finally got the alternate ending - now that was neat.

I'm replaying TFU at the moment as well. I keep telling myself "30 minutes, that's it", but often I loose track of time and end up playing for 2.5 hours or so  ;D The trophies are a nice touch, but not really my kind of thing.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2009, 10:10 AM »
I just got the Ultimate Sith Edition of Star Wars The Force Unleashed in the mail yesterday.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2009, 02:38 PM »
I´ve been playing Tfu PC version and I noticed that Proxy voice sounds like Leebo´s in SOTE.

this game takes 24.6 gigas of hard disc when installed

other feature:

you can´t play 2 different missions, the most recent one erases the first misiion you have been played.